SE Ohio Ramble - 2-4 May 2014

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's an awesome picture, Joe.
Dalzell Rd... I think.... courtesy of Denny (drc32-0)

There are just a few roads in SEO that don't suck...
Yeah, people find that if they actually ride the provided route, that they will actually have a roller coasting good time.
Too bad that they are flat, straight and boring...but you can't have everything.

Joe - can you PM that spot on a google map link? I've got an idea for the webpage...

PM sent...not sure if I got exactly what you where looking for...had a hard time trying to find the exact spot of Denny's photo.

Might have been Stanleyville Rd.

Last edited by a moderator:

That's actually Stanleysville road,about 3 miles from its intersection with Dalzell Rd heading towards Marietta.

That was taken around this time of year two years ago...it would not look like that this winter.

This might make some interesting winter viewing for anyone who is familiar with southeast Ohio roads....https://www.dot.state.oh.us/districts/D10/d10planning/D10STIP14-17/Pages/default.aspx

Just click on the counties,Morgan,Washington and Fairfield has some of the best riding.

Some very good roads are being paved under this project.Some highlights for 2014 are;parts of 78,lower section of 377...top was paved last year,not in D10,but 147 from 9 at Centerville to 7 at Bellaire...love those esses going into Bellaire.

536 is penciled in for 2017.

That's actually Stanleysville road,about 3 miles from its intersection with Dalzell Rd heading towards Marietta.

That was taken around this time of year two years ago...it would not look like that this winter.

This might make some interesting winter viewing for anyone who is familiar with southeast Ohio roads....https://www.dot.state.oh.us/districts/D10/d10planning/D10STIP14-17/Pages/default.aspx

Just click on the counties,Morgan,Washington and Fairfield has some of the best riding.

Some very good roads are being paved under this project.Some highlights for 2014 are;parts of 78,lower section of 377...top was paved last year,not in D10,but 147 from 9 at Centerville to 7 at Bellaire...love those esses going into Bellaire.

Can't wait for 536 to be resurfaced...I miss riding that road

Can't wait for 536 to be resurfaced...I miss riding that road
Me too!!!

I love it,but it's just not in good enough condition to really appreciate it right now.

When 2017 gets here I'll be checking it out weekly...we'll get on it before they edge it and the frack trucks pull the gravel onto the pavement.I'll be sure to pm you when the reflectors are being removed.Also...556 is being paved the same year.

147 is the one I'll be watching this year.

Happy Freezing Friday - only 98 days until launch, 68 working days for most of us - give or take.
punk.gif

Put in for my time off for this, camping the end of May and NAFO/EOM today. I had to do something to take my mind off this @#$%ing weather. Finish fork service this weekend and do valve check and chassis clean lube. If I can't ride it I may as well have my hands on it!

Can't wait, I better go put my 'secret weapon' on the charger right now!
This is Ohio. We do things different here.

Where's the beerholder?

??

That's watcher hands are for.

biggrin.png

Can't wait, I better go put my 'secret weapon' on the charger right now!
This is Ohio. We do things different here.

Where's the beerholder?
Intech's gained A LOT of weight!