SE Ohio Ramble - 2-4 May 2014

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys a poser, 'dere. A real beer kindasewer would have at least pint sized glasses on his helmet.

Oh wait... Maybe his head is so ginormous those actually are pint sized beer glasses.

Nevermind. This guy is good.

I'll have to wait till the last min. before I can commit for sure. Im usually very busy in the spring as I work a second job on weekends and evenings June thru July. But, I still managed to sneak up on you feckers last year though. Soo, dont be shocked if I just "show up" in parking lot with my top case full off ice and beer
rolleyes.gif
(grinnin at the thought of it). For safety sake I carry the beer in the side case for high speed travel (keeping a low center of gravity and all) and tranfer to top case upon arrival. This info is mostly for the NEW guys and gals. And dont forget....."ride your own ride" Although my buddy and I were the only ones camping last year we had a great time. I would also like to take part in Bob's Appalacian camping meet a mere 4 weeks after this one. The scheduling for all these events is really good IMHO

Cant wait to see yall again
bike.gif

Bryan

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll have to wait till the last min. before I can commit for sure. Im usually very busy in the spring as I work a second job on weekends and evenings June thru July. But, I still managed to sneak up on you feckers last year though. Soo, dont be shocked if I just "show up" in parking lot with my top case full off ice and beer
rolleyes.gif
(grinnin at the thought of it). For safety sake I carry the beer in the side case for high speed travel (keeping a low center of gravity and all) and tranfer to top case upon arrival. This info is mostly for the NEW guys and gals. And dont forget....."ride your own ride" Although my buddy and I were the only ones camping last year we had a great time. I would also like to take part in Bob's Appalacian camping meet a mere 4 weeks after this one. The scheduling for all these events is really good IMHO Cant wait to see yall again
bike.gif

Bryan
I've been known to side store a couple of "pounders" on occasion... and yes, I know Fred, not your beer of choice :)

photobucket-4593-1361542570048_zps8e184f9d.jpg

The 'poon IPA, Summer (Kolsh) and UFO White all come in cans now, so you have no more excuses for packin' bad beer...

(Hey, gotta support my kid!)

Cans-in-Cooler.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I love UFO beer. I seldom see it at the local grocerie. When I do I buy it. Is the white UFO something new Fred?

Dave

Nope, they've been makin the White (Wit) all year long for quite a while now. It is one of their biggest sellers along with the IPA. Harpoon is working on separating their lines a little marketing wise, so they will have their traditional Harpoon styles using the 'pooner on the label, and the UFO styles with the more modern labeling.

They've also mostly discontinued the Leviathan series (the big beers) except for the Imperial IPA. But they continue with their 100 barrel special series, which as the name insinuates, is limited production (just 100 barrels) so limited distribution. Those are some really kick ass beers, especially on tap at the brewery. And, since we know that guy that works at their Windsor, VT brewery... we tend to stop in fairly often. ;)

To learn more about Harpoon and UFO check out their web site and/or become a "Friend of Harpoon" if you like receiving beer related spam, which we do. They have a pretty interesting event series throughout the year. We went to their Mac and Cheese fest this past fall (in VT), which was an incredibly good take. Never knew you could make Mac and Cheese so many different and interesting ways. Oh, and there was beer there. ;)

Getting this thread back on track...Fred why don't you get some of that great beer (since you've got a good connection) shipped down to the SEO Ramble in May...if this winter ever ends.
punk.gif

Well that's kind of where this started from. I think KJ said he would fill his bags with beer and ice, and I was just asking that he get something good instead of Butt Lite.

Sorry for the tangent.