SE Ohio Ramble - 2-4 May 2014

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The forecast is looking better for the weekend. There is currently a flash flood warning for the area, keep an eye out for debris on the road.

See everyone on Friday!

I'm planning on riding down from Cleveland on Saturday morning and meeting up at the Microtel parking lot. KSU time is not on the Ramble page as far as I can tell.

BTW, the weather keeps looking better all the time!

Hey guys

Leaving Thursday morning with my brother be down in Marietta Thursday night.

If anybody wants to ride Fri. We'll probably have a good breakfast and do the east route.

I might add with reckless abandon!!!!!!

See everybody Sat. Morning

Dastardly Dave

Baby bro and I are leaving from Cleveland tomorrow early. Forecast for Thurs. looks good.

See everyone down there Thurs. night.

Note to Wayne: I'm bringing last years first and second place trophies from the 2-up slow ride.

Have a safe trip, and keep the rubber side down.

Last edited by a moderator:
KSU is typically between 7:30 and 8:30, depending on the alcohol intake volume the night previous.

I'm planning on riding down from Cleveland on Saturday morning and meeting up at the Microtel parking lot. KSU time is not on the Ramble page as far as I can tell.
BTW, the weather keeps looking better all the time!

I put together a list of the ride groups from the registration data. I put it in a PDF for easier viewing / downloading.

Ramble Ride Group info.

Just wrapping up things for the night and took a peek at this.

rambleweather4-30-14_zpsad1691d0.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Well hopefully tomorrows is better. Today was a day from hell. worst evaaaaaa. Cold Wet Windy and long.
Shoulda listened to Fred, Jim and Iris.

Looking for better days ahead.

Dave
Dave,

The rest of the ride will be a dream. Glad you got the nightmare out of the way. ;) Ride safely.

Jeff

I put together a list of the ride groups from the registration data. I put it in a PDF for easier viewing / downloading.

Ramble Ride Group info.
What does "Other" represent? Those who did not choose a route each day? Also, how will we know who is in each sub group - A, B and C?

Thanks for all your work on this. I know it is not easy but we are grateful for your time, knowledge and effort!

The weather is looking just about perfect...mid sixties and little to no chance of rain!Even the low temps are inching up near 50.

See everybody Friday evening.

I just finished loading the trailer and I put in my tire changer and some used PR2's plus tools if anybody gets into a jam and needs some rubber to get home.
I'm heading out shortly over to Timmy's and then once the commuter traffic dies down a bit I'll be heading west and south.

Had a good nights rest and the sun is shining. I agree the rest of the should be great.

See ya in Marietta,

Dave

I did not include the pace groups in this document because I thought it better to let individuals work that out in person. Let pressure by advertising it in public.

"Other" means the user chose "other" - either they will not be there or they had not decided what they were doing that day. I just realized, I didn't include myself on list...

Ramble Ride Group info.
What does "Other" represent? Those who did not choose a route each day? Also, how will we know who is in each sub group - A, B and C?

Thanks for all your work on this. I know it is not easy but we are grateful for your time, knowledge and effort!

0430 the pounding rain woke me up. I went back to sleep hoping it would get it out of it's system before I had to leave for work. It was still raining(not pouring, though) when I raised the garage door at 0545. Entertained the thought of just taking the car to work and coming back home for the bike at noon. I got everything ready on the bike and the rain had stopped, so I just dealt with wet road. Still standing water that has some roads closed in the area. Just came from our river pumping station. Water is almost crotch deep going into the building. Power, motors, and such are still high and dry. River is supposed to have crested. Hope this weather event is over! Leaving here at noon to Meet Violione in Fredericksburg and then off to WV for the night. See you all tomorrow! Ride safe.

That certainly sucks that u & Jm are folding, Iris. I went last Saturday & got some fresh roasted coffee for all of us. Gonna grind it 2nite. I definitely understand, tho. I'm expecting to run through some wet shit on my way out 2morrow.
& people, if you'd like to sit, bring a chair. The Microtel had an extremely limited amount of seating outside. If you wanna sit, bring a chair. I woke up with an extremely sore ankle... with no other reason except that I'm getting old. I will definitely be bringing a chair.
Oh.... and at EOM last year you were off your rocker a coupla times!

That certainly sucks that u & Jm are folding, Iris. I went last Saturday & got some fresh roasted coffee for all of us. Gonna grind it 2nite. I definitely understand, tho. I'm expecting to run through some wet shit on my way out 2morrow.
& people, if you'd like to sit, bring a chair. The Microtel had an extremely limited amount of seating outside. If you wanna sit, bring a chair. I woke up with an extremely sore ankle... with no other reason except that I'm getting old. I will definitely be bringing a chair.
Oh.... and at EOM last year you were off your rocker a coupla times!
REALLY???