SE Ohio Ramble - 2-4 May 2014

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually the only reason I go back is to see if wheaton is going to either a.) have to plug a tire again or b.) ride in the rain with a bald race slick rear tire.

Actually the only reason I go back is to see if wheaton is going to either a.) have to plug a tire again or b.) ride in the rain with a bald race slick rear tire.
Hey, I plugged the tire...and I made the tire all the way home w/o stopping at the Iron Pony. I just use more tire when I'm going up and down and left and right...all in 100 yards.

Just hope to be there this May when all the fun happens. Really.

Cuz, it's a blast.

If I can make it I'm planning on not trying to keep up with roadrunner this time around...
no.gif

Art's pretty fast!

Just booked a room for all 3 nights, so guess I'm in?
punk.gif
I may be coming back from Deals Gap area, riding with my Warrior bretheren earlier in the week. They probably won't miss me too much...... leaving early to hang out with you Hooligans!
uhoh.gif

Never really rode that area...unless you count my trip to pickup my "new to me" FJR back from Florida last Memorial Day weekend. Rode from middle of South Carolina back home to West Michigan area in a day. 950 miles!
bike.gif

Recent posts make me wonder if riding from Indy ifs a good idea! Someone tell me this is a fun ride and worth the time. :)

I know that area is hilly, assuming you are talking about the Ohio River area bordering WV. If this is supposed to be a weekend long ride, where are the evening stopping points so hotel reservations can be made? I seee some have already done so, but did not see city and hotels listed.

Allen - this is typically a base camp style gathering. We usually have an east loop and a west loop. We plan to set up HQ at the Microtel Inn & Suites in Marietta, OH.

I know that area is hilly, assuming you are talking about the Ohio River area bordering WV. If this is supposed to be a weekend long ride, where are the evening stopping points so hotel reservations can be made? I seee some have already done so, but did not see city and hotels listed.

I kinda like the blind off camber turns myself. Come on over...you won't regret it. Here's a link for the hotel.

https://www.microtelinn.com/hotels/ohio/marietta/microtel-inn-and-suites-marietta/hotel-overview

See you in May.

Thanks for the info. Wife used to live in WV and we like that area - just haven't ridden there yet. We should be able to make this! I see several hotels in the area too. If the Microtel fills up, we have other choices since we can't commit until a few weeks prior to the ride.

Recent posts make me wonder if riding from Indy ifs a good idea! Someone tell me this is a fun ride and worth the time. :)
When these guys post up about flat, boring and straight, they were really saying it ain't Indy, you gotta go to this event. You'll not regret it.

At this moment, gentlegirls, it looks like the Rayzerbike has a conflict and isn't going to make this one. I will be there in June though.......

I figured that. We've curvy roads in hills as close an hour ride away. It's not ALL flat in Indiana! :)

Thanks for the info. Wife used to live in WV and we like that area - just haven't ridden there yet. We should be able to make this! I see several hotels in the area too. If the Microtel fills up, we have other choices since we can't commit until a few weeks prior to the ride.
You can still make ressies in speculation, they have a 24hr cancellation policy.

When these guys post up about flat, boring and straight, they were really saying it ain't Indy, you gotta go to this event. You'll not regret it.

At this moment, gentlegirls, it looks like the Rayzerbike has a conflict and isn't going to make this one. I will be there in June though.......
Ray,

Sorry to hear you won't be able to make the Ramble...let me know when you come down in June, maybe I'll be able to join you for a day ride.

Believe me, I really want to...... even putting up with Wheatie (and prolly raving about his Hawks this year and my mediocre Wings), and keeping Bob's beer cold, and not being able to keep up with Johnd or Bungie.... However, there is a very slim chance I can squeeze in a day or two, but it will be a very last minute call. Save me a ride in the shopping cart (and Heidi's the expert on the portable coolers) and maybe a cot somewhere.

Joe, there's an ST event out of Lake Hope State Park, you'd be more than welcome to hang out...... June 19 weekend. Another Canadian Invasion will occur.