SE Ohio / W Virginia RAMBLE 4/30-5/03 '15

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hopefully GJC just forgot to turn on his SPOT today - his last track on the group page was yesterday afternoon in the hotel parking lot.

Or, does he have Altitude Sickness?

Last edited by a moderator:
Where is the group Spot page? I looked yesterday... apparently, you need a password. Am I looking in the correct place?

There is no way to put this into words with more than 4 letters. I can't get off work and have passed through Mineral Wells 4 times Thursday and Friday. Since the Microtel does not have truck parking there is no stopping to visit.

Please move your bikes away from the gazebo so I don't have to see them from the interstate.

I am very envious of you all right now. The weather is near perfect here, so I know you all are enjoying it even more there. It was all I could do to not jump on the bike and ride the 6 hours there today after school. While you all are sniffing the flowers, I am planting some in the back yard!! Have a great time on those horrible roads. Ride well friends.

Got home at 1:00. What a great weekend for the Ramble. KJ did a fine job, taking over the organizing of this year's event. I had a great ride down Friday, we had quite the turnout for lunch at the Beallsville Diner, and had a nice twisty ride down to Mineral Wells on some of the flat, straight and boring SE Ohio roads. It was great to see everyone at the hotel for the Friday evening parking lot social. Saturdays weather was about as perfect as it gets, and our ride over to Hillbilly Hotdogs, on some of the roads that Denny recommended was also about as good as it gets. Got back to the hotel in time for happy hour. This year's Ramble was great...I'm sure that there will be pictures posted to prove what a truly great weekend it was.

Now I gotta go and cut the grass.

Got home about 5:15 after 385 miles and only about 40miles of slab included. Great weekend of riding and kudos to KJ for taking the lead and organizing everything. Looking forward to seeing many of you and others at some of the other rides this summer too!

Got home around 6:30, putting 392 miles on the bike for the day (1206 total for the trip). Had a nice, brief conversation with a Maryland trooper, just a warning.
whistle.gif

Had a great weekend! Thanks to KJ and anyone else who helped out!!

I was out in SEO on Saturday, rode 800, 26, 260, 800, 255. Saw a few Harleys but no FJRs, everyone must of went south for hot dogs.

Got home at 4:40pm; 535mi, for a weekend total of 1783. I probably rode more than I should of and could of been back sooner to the hotel for festivities, so for that I apologize.... Those roads were just too dang good to bail out on.

I wanna thank everyone for taking the time out of their busy schedules to come to SEO and share your valuable time w us. It was simply awesome to see old friends and make new ones!, Being the kickoff season event just makes it that much more special, but, you peeps made it what it was. I will kindly volunteer to organize next years Ramble... unless we have another more motivated sole step forward. :)

I truly appreciate all the support I received, I continually had peeps coming up to me asking if they could help in anyway. What awesome guys and gals, I'd go into battle anyday with these great peeps.... U guys made SEO-15 successful :) Thank you.

.....and as our own "El Senior Pappa Burrito Balerino would say... 'NS! Keep getting better Don, I wanna see u at next years SEO!

-KJ

I got home about 3:00 after taking the curvy roads route that took me to God knows where. Serious goat paths and some unpaved roads. It all worked out and I got to see places I have never seen and hope to never see again.

K.J. thanks again for the hard work

I got home around 5:45 last night. Lisa and I enjoyed some great roads together and then parted ways in Morefield, WV. The riding was great. We hardly had to pass anyone. I took Lisa over Smoke Hole Road. The road was in great shape and we only saw one vehicle and it was going the other way!

It was great to see everyone!

I got home about 8:30 last night. What a great weekend!!!!! 1782 miles total. Most of those being on the twisty roads of West Virginia and southeast Ohio. (Ok ok, 140 were full speed slab running....)

It was nice to meet a lot of you. See y'all again another time! :D

Got home ~ 6:30 last night, slabbing it home in record time....had a great time riding. Thanks to Wheatie and Oface for doing a great job leading the flock. 2660 miles for the trip.

Got home about 4 yesterday. Had to immediately jump on the lawnmower and spend 3 hours cutting grass (sigh). Thanks to KJ for organizing this event and good to see old and new acquaintances.