SE Ohio / W Virginia RAMBLE 4/30-5/03 '15

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was great to see you again Bungie!

80 degrees and frickin sunny today. It doesn't get old.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lamer than a Bill Fitz video is this rally.. The lack of snapshots is proof this was nothing but a fallacy... or is it phallus?

Either way you ghey fucks lack of pics proves it didn't happen.. And No!! Bills shit is fake, he's been at it too long you fuks.

Eat a bowl of dicks Weaties!! Turn down the stat and the windy is just the same as here .. You ain't moved yet ya fuk

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//public/style_emoticons/default/****.gif

I know he has.. I jus felt the need to piss wit 'em

Last edited by a moderator:
Lamer than a Bill Fitz video is this rally.. The lack of snapshots is proof this was nothing but a fallacy... or is it phallus?
Either way you ghey fucks lack of pics proves it didn't happen.. And No!! Bills shit is fake, he's been at it too long you fuks.
Why in the hell would I want to fake a photo of KJ ramming a hotdog into his face?? Watching the real thing will scar me for life without spending hours of my worthless retired time manufacturing such nonsense.

I made it back home after wandering 1021 km (634 miles) around the wilds of West Virginia, Pennsylvania, New York and the Great White North. A planning error on my part put me too close to Pittsburgh and I spent too much time in suburbia hell getting caught by thousands to stoplights. Other than that and dodging fracking trucks it was a decent ride that kept me off the slab until I reached the border. It was 14 hours getting home. I could have stopped at my brother's place in Niagara Falls but with rain in the forecast I decided to stay with it and finish it in the dry.

Even though Wheatie is correct and KJ is a douche and I would add a jam tart, he did a great job putting together the Ramble and even Bungie didn't complain which I think is a first.

This is the "we ride and don't take fookin pictures meet, dammit" meet.

If you weren't there, then well feck ya.

It was totally awesome btw.

I'm disappointed in the weather and the ride reports........ where the hell were the water crossings this year?Wish I coulda been there...........
I could of used a water crossing this year to wash my bike! Tim (madmudder) and I had rain all thru PA on the way down on Thurs. Didn't offset by a fraction of all the fun, super great peeps and twisty roads we took in.

BMWboat-L_zps00bec279.jpg

Pics are forthcoming, maybe tomorrow for me.......

DSC01418_zpszztgrvor.jpg

I really liked the combined WV roads w SEO. Mineral Wells was a excellent landing spot, and I agree^^^^, I think the Cracker Barrel is my new favorite cheap restaurant also!

My tire plugging kit worked again! I love how that happens...takes a plugging, keeps on trucking!
Good lord Wheatie, another tire with plugs? Must be a record or sumptin'
Yeah, and just like FJRay in Yreka in 2011, another rider (petey) saw my low rear tire after a lunch break. Tire seemed fine before lunch. Also like Yreka, a single string did not do the trick...double was required. However, I don't have Nevada to speed rate the strings. However, it did just fine for the rest of the trip.

biggrin.png

I'm disappointed in the weather and the ride reports........ where the hell were the water crossings this year?Wish I coulda been there...........
I could of used a water crossing this year to wash my bike! Tim (madmudder) and I had rain all thru PA on the way down on Thurs. Didn't offset by a fraction of all the fun, super great peeps and twisty roads we took in.

I must say even with all the rain it was a fun ride even after the GoPro launched itself from my bikes mount. So no photos from me, the biggest disappointment was that it was not recording at the time. KJ thanks for taking the lead and keeping us on track for a reasonable arrival time in Mineral Wells.

I noticed my Fendaextenda also took leave on this ride when I got started washing the Blue brute.

I really liked the combined WV roads w SEO. Mineral Wells was a excellent landing spot, and I agree^^^^, I think the Cracker Barrel is my new favorite cheap restaurant also!

DSC01418_zpszztgrvor.jpg

The cleanest bike in Mineral Wells and you find a dirty spot.

DSC01418_zpszztgrvor.jpg

The cleanest bike in Mineral Wells and you find a dirty spot.
Was that an Oreo splat? It was definitely the cleanest bike on the road,

That's what you get for following K.J. after he ate a Homewrecker.

Could have been worse.

Arriving on Thursday, all-day rain made for a messy ride-in; for Tim (madmudder) and myself.

DSC01401_zpsbznvw3jb.jpg

Fridays loop took on the Snowshoe-400, an awesome ride that included the likes of the Highlands Scenic Highway (39). The "Plan" was to meet FYB in the Snowshoe Mtns...

20150501_131627_zpsv4ondf96.jpg

So I waited.... and waited.... (but) in Bob's defense, I was about 30 mins late, the rest of my group said it was less, oh I guess that debate rolls on ;) The restaurant was closed for the season. Ugh! well that last time I was down there it was skiing season, so I should of figured this out prior!

20150501_131712_zpsnlg4egjd.jpg

Rte 219 just south of Snowshoe is a real gem btw. A no misser and one that rivals anything we took in down in the Great Smokey Mtns. (twisty rock lined roads with drop-offs, fabbbb-u-lous!

Parking for lunch, we find we are right xcross from the courthouse. After local conversation, they told us we would get towed without Quarters in the meters. Only problem is, none of us had any! ...well, except some Canadian ones eh!

DSC01404_zpsaizygf9u.jpg

After shifting around, and then having restaurant patrons offer us the coinage, we get to eat! (sorta).. and I'm not going post the food pics!

Our waitress was a trip however!!! Slow as could be, def not multitasking ;) ...and, Charlie's such a big flirt-bag!

DSC01402_zpsstbfoaxv.jpg

She was so confused figuring out our tabs...

DSC01403_zpsq7107l88.jpg

DSC01406_zpse2pj1gwb.jpg

After our plates of grease'ala'mode we all had squeaky drawers, and, rest stops came more frequent (plus we were not rushing down to meet FYB anymore).

DSC01407_zpsm1trzevq.jpg

Here I'm trying to push out a grease phart!... but,,,,, I think I sharted!

DSC01408_zpsm07xso6v.jpg

Most All of the time, I was way up ahead and just waited at the Intersections for the much slower FJR's to catch up ;) :)

DSC01409_zpsmnn6zc10.jpg

********** Some Friday night PL activity***********

DSC01410_zpshxr62eks.jpg

DSC01411_zpsys5jjsel.jpg

DSC01412_zpsvtnpfk00.jpg

DSC01413_zpsccx1bkmw.jpg

DSC01415_zpsaftsuh7w.jpg

DSC01416_zpshpg6cxgd.jpg

DSC01417_zps8lwolsbp.jpg

[Con't to Saturday next post]........................ (pic limitation)

We did the HillBilly Run on Saturday. Seemed to be the popular loop for the day as we saw half our crew there, all feasting there eyes (and cameras) on all the photo-op stuff around this place. Parking is very limited, some found alternative spots, and here... I'm trying to call home; since cell coverage has not been invented down here (yet!).....

20150502_121211_zps5jweyryj.jpg

Anybody who knows me?... knows I just love to "MotorBoat!" ;)

20150502_121335_zpsnshxvwml.jpg

Here's some HillBilly-ing...

20150502_121418_zpskqxgyzpe.jpg

20150502_121438_zps5uglxmz4.jpg

20150502_121539_zpsfrc3vpld.jpg

20150502_121616_zpsltwjwgbh.jpg

20150502_121643_zpsk7vidk7n.jpg

20150502_121654_zpsidli433i.jpg

I find Mikey and crew in-line for Grub, heck who's thinking of food? ;)

20150502_121717_zpswp1b5gzg.jpg

Waiting in line being entertained by all sorts of stuff, wayyyy more than you could possibly take-in, and that's with about 50 trips to this joint!

20150502_121817_zpswtztrgt6.jpg

20150502_123047_zpsnlnty0nd.jpg

20150502_123022_zpsvecxmmt2.jpg

The HUGE Menu...

20150502_123852_zpsby3rmk8k.jpg

The BIGGIN's (important part)...

20150502_123940_zpsbsrdvvmt.jpg

20150502_123925_zpsar6rl9oc.jpg

Since Guy did the "Homewrecker" (video was linked on the website) ...How could I go with anything else?

20150502_124255_zps78c2qnkk.jpg

20150502_124320_zpsgnjkchjk.jpg

Slaw carnage...

20150502_125208_zpsyik2krvf.jpg

I did whimp out, I split it with Tim. The 'half'... filled me up pretty good. The 'Homewrecker' itself was worth the money, I'm sure the several outsiders who also snapped pics of me devouring it were plenty entertained as well. Tim took much longer than myself, and I'm thinking a re-visit is in order for next year, where I do plan to do the 6min challenge and get the free T-shirt. (I really think I got this!)

20150502_125216_zpstlltcmkv.jpg

Wandering out, our belly's are quite satisfied, more stchuff!.... (for Adrian Peterson)

20150502_130411_zpshvebhubv.jpg

20150502_130441_zpsexahmlsy.jpg

20150502_130552_zpscqxk3bxz.jpg

20150502_130625_zpsqszudksy.jpg

We arrive back, kinda lazy after that "Grub", time to get some lubrication is us!

DSC01419_zpsqbvyanel.jpg

DSC01420_zpsijr8soap.jpg

Our "Plan" was to go over to the VIP Gentlemen Club (after some cheaper parking lot cocktails). I figured I better put on a body condom. ..... And here.... I thought I passed out due to a lack of oxygen, not know'n the 'mudder gave me a Col. Klanker!

20150502_193332_zps0thegktx.jpg

Long story short... I didn't have ID and the Carnival lady (in a small sliding peep window at the door) would not let me in. I wanted the rest to venture in and give stories later, but without their fearless leader? I guess they had no desire(s). hehe.

DSC01421_zpslpf6ascv.jpg

See ya at next years SEO!!! :) You guys Rock!!! :)