Seats

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatt boy

Reaction score
I have noticed alot of the pictures i look at of fjrs have a sergant seats......what kind of price range to these run???

and who would you order them from.....?

i ran the bead riders on my venture and harley.....they help let air get under your butt, but after 600 miles they start wearing on the butt...

well keep looking....

thanks

fatt boy

Last edited by a moderator:
I have noticed alot of the pictures i look at of fjrs have a sergant seats......what kind of price range to these run???
Google is your friend spelling Sargent the other way.

But, if you're thinking Sargent....I'd recommend a truly custom saddle from Russell. Also, talked about many, Many, MANY times on this forum.

I have noticed alot of the pictures i look at of fjrs have a sergant seats
you are finding the people who think that spending 75% of the cost of a Russell in the hopes that a different off-the-shelf saddle will somehow allow them to avoid the price of a really custom seat.

look at the comments from people who bought a russell after they waited and jumped through hoops to avoid buying a russell. it's usually something along the lines of, "i didn't believe everyone who tried to tell me", or "i can't believe i waited this long."

Google is your friend spelling Sargent the other way.

But, if you're thinking Sargent....I'd recommend a truly custom saddle from Russell. Also, talked about many, Many, MANY times on this forum.

Totally ghey. :dribble:

The only reason you guys buy Russell is you like the idea of sitting on "his" lap.. ;)

$200.00 from krash dragon here, an hour or so reworking mine and it's just as good.

Then again I'm an upholsterer.....

:jester:

I have noticed alot of the pictures i look at of fjrs have a sergant seats
you are finding the people who think that spending 75% of the cost of a Russell in the hopes that a different off-the-shelf saddle will somehow allow them to avoid the price of a really custom seat.

look at the comments from people who bought a russell after waited and jumped through hoops to avoid buying a russell. it's usually something along the lines of, "i didn't believe everyone who tried to tell me", or "i can't believe i waited this long."
In my case, 13,000 miles was about 12,900 miles too long. Should have sprung for the Russell after the first ride. I was lucky, though, I only went through three kinds of sheepskin, and a gel pad before I came to my senses. I'm sure that there are folks out there who have had a Russell and hated it, but I bet they are the exception rather than the rule.

I just bought a Sargent seat last week. So far , so good. Not that I have anything against Russell other than my 30" inseam that would've made touching the ground a little challenging. I've heard nothing but good things about the Russell though. Because of the good press that Russell get from this forum, I recommend Russell to my taller friends. Bike Bandit has the best prices for Sargent seats that I've seen yet. Hope this helps.

I've got around 85,000 miles on Sargent seats between my previous Gen I and my current Gen II FJR...can't complain at all. Good for those occasional 500 miles days. Also, you can usually find a lightly used Sargent for a FJR on Ebay or here on the FJR forum for a pretty decent price if you don't need it next week.

p.s. also have the Sargent on my little Zuk GSX650F...put around 4,000 miles on it so far, and am happy with it. The OEM seat was even worse than the FJR OEM seat.

I've got a sargent worldsport on my VFR. It's a pretty nice seat. Tons better than any Corbin I've ever sat on

It is pretty good for allowing all day riding, but it is nowhere near as comfortable as the Russell on my FJR.

But somehow, a Russell on a VFR just doesn't seem right... :unsure:

I know that is how some folks feel about their FJRs too.

But somehow, a Russell on a VFR just doesn't seem right... :unsure: I know that is how some folks feel about their FJRs too.
I feel this way about the Russell. I am sure it is comfy and all, but I hate the looks and seems like it might "lock" my butt into one riding position. I like to shift my booty around when riding aggressive. The stock seat is fitting me well up to about 3-4 hours seat time. Towards the end of that time I definitely start getting some tooshy pains. Thinking about a Sargent with some mods. For me it isn't the cost as much as the look and riding feedback. I want my FJR to look sleak/fast as hell, which IMO you don't get with a nice cushy Russell on top.

...and which I don't think you get even without a Russell. The FJR is just not that sporty of a bike. (especially with an automagic!!)

I like the Sargent on my bike and even better with an Airhawk Airpad on top.

Rode home from Pigeon Forge 13 hours (650 mi -> 10.5 hours in the saddle) yesterday with little or no issues.

I also won't ride wearing anything underneath except LDComfort shorts.

YMMV

...and which I don't think you get even without a Russell. The FJR is just not that sporty of a bike. (especially with an automagic!!)

Maybe ur not riding it right - it can be . . . not like my others, but I was surprised how it can be tossed around.

I agree with some of the others above on the form over function of the Sargent vs Russell seats ... I do like the looks of the Sargent ... and I DO think the FJR is the sportiest looking of the ST class bikes. I had a Corbin on my 05 that was installed when I bought it and while it was "ok", I still couldn't do the longer days without some discomfort.

I found the best price I could for the Sargent here <clicky> (free shipping and no tax outside TX) though they were out of the black trimmed version so I had to pop an extra $17 for the silver trim (which ended up looking great, actually). The free shipping and the mix up with the out of stock version showing in stock ended up taking 12 days to get the seat to me.

I just got it 2 days ago and am leaving on a 1200 mile trip this weekend, so I'll get to break it in and can report back on how it works out.

I just got it 2 days ago and am leaving on a 1200 mile trip this weekend, so I'll get to break it in and can report back on how it works out.
Please do, I would be interested in your "impressions!" :clapping: :clapping:

Maybe ur not riding it right - it can be . . . not like my others, but I was surprised how it can be tossed around.
Yeah, that's probably it. :unsure: When you ride it harder it magically loses 150 lbs. :rolleyes:

Yeah, that's probably it. :unsure: When you ride it harder it magically loses 150 lbs. :rolleyes:
No that's so not true . . . it loses 250 lbs. Sheesh get it right! :lol: