SFO 09 Announcement

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm actually suprised they were back today. News this morning said this is the worst storm in AR history, based upon the 9,700 power poles that snapped. Some places in Madison and Carrol counties will not have power until Wednesday. There were still about 3000 homes in Carroll county without power this morning...

we are still in!!! Unless of course the economy finishes tanking and the Arkies and Okies have to travel the mother road to Kaliforney to find work!

Great area to ride. Unfortunately I've only caged it down there so far. My in-laws live in Hot Spring's Village so we've made the journey a few times. I will probably plan on attending next year if it is in the same, or similar location. I'm one of those people that have to bid on vacations practically a year in advance, so It's to late for this year.

I'm in.....called in my reservations today and sent the contact email.... rode a lot of years but first motorcycle rally.. really looking forward to being there.. decided to give myself a birthday present....

Hamie

[SIZE=36pt]I'm pleased to announce...[/SIZE]

SFO 2009 [SIZE=14pt][/SIZE]

will be

[SIZE=36pt]April 30 - May 2, 2009[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt][/SIZE]

in Eureka Springs, AR

[SIZE=18pt]Registration is now open, [/SIZE]

please visit the SFO website for all details!

sfo09ll2.jpg

[SIZE=14pt]See ya there peeps!![/SIZE] :yahoo: :clapping:
I am sooo excited about Eureka Springs. I have never been to a FJR rally. I am coming from Memphis, and I have been there before. There is some great riding in that area. See you soon. winewhisperer

Chik,
You can mark me off the registration list. I've tried my best to weasel out of my duties on May 2nd and can't. My bad.
well shoot. i guess we'll have to discuss the finer points of global warming another time. :lol:

we'll miss ya!

I'm in.....called in my reservations today and sent the contact email.... rode a lot of years but first motorcycle rally.. really looking forward to being there.. decided to give myself a birthday present....
Hamie
Hamie,

Looks like we're both riding up from Austin. Give me a holler if you want to ride together, I just booked my room....

Jeff

I just registered. I am looking forward to this year after having to cancel last year at the last moment. My plan is to take a week off and head to N Georgia/N Carolina/Tennessee and then catch SFO on the way back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hamie
Hamie,

Looks like we're both riding up from Austin. Give me a holler if you want to ride together, I just booked my room....

Jeff
Jeff,

Sent you a PM....

Hamie

I'm in!

Looking forward to seeing you guys and gals.

Hey Chik, anything you need help with just hollar.

Mark

I'm In!! :yahoo:

I've been wanting to do this for years.

No more excuses! Now all I have to do is calculate how much travel time to give myself.

Might need some help with that! Starting from West Palm Beach, FL! Any suggestions?

No more excuses! Now all I have to do is calculate how much travel time to give myself.

Might need some help with that! Starting from West Palm Beach, FL! Any suggestions?
maps.google.com - looks to be just shy of a 1300 mile trip. Not knowing if you've attempted a distance near that before, I would break it out into two days.

Looks like slab until Little Rock, AR then some blacktop up to the hotel.

We're in! Reservations made. Bambi and I will be there assuming work doesn't get in the way.

Anybody hear from Deerslayer (Bill)?

We're in! Reservations made. Bambi and I will be there assuming work doesn't get in the way.
Bambi.... Deerslayer.....????? :unsure:

I thought this was a motorcycle thing, not a hunting trip. Did I get on the wrong forum?

I hope you are not crossing any state lines, or the feds will be involved for sure.

B)

Excellent! Glad you can make it over.

Don't forget to register when you have a minute. Info here.

I haven't seen him post up, but I don't know that he will...

and I'm not trying to keep up with him this year....holy carp...
Damn! Glad it wasn't just me. We rode with them for a day and I was beginning to think I was old and slow.....

Excellent! Glad you can make it over.

Don't forget to register when you have a minute. Info here.
I've emailed my info twice now. I think my computer is angry at me because it knows I'm going to have a Blast and it's staying home.

Let me know if you received it Fjrchik! Thanks. Vic.