SICK of this bike!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely sick to death of this bike!! She is hitting the road next Spring if I can sell the bitch. I’ve never loved or hated a bike so much in my life. Have dropped her twice because the bitch stalled on take off but the last straw happened last weekend. I have her lowered and worked extremely hard to dial in the suspension. We go on the first 3 day weekend ride and I load her up with about 30 extra pounds. Totally changed everything!! Tightening the shock did nothing. Worst ride I’ve ever experience on a bike in my life. Bounced around corners; impossible to hold a line. Scared the living HELL out of me!! Ruined one of the best loops I’ve ever been on. Hundreds of miles of twisting turns. Who in gods name would have thought a few extra pounds could have made such a difference. She is the 6th bike I’ve owned and I’m sick of messing with her. She is history as soon as I can make it happen. Good luck to the rest of you and hope you enjoy yours.

see ya son and don't come home

flyingz06 said:
Absolutely sick to death of this bike!! She is hitting the road next Spring if I can sell the bitch. I’ve never loved or hated a bike so much in my life. Have dropped her twice because the bitch stalled on take off but the last straw happened last weekend. I have her lowered and worked extremely hard to dial in the suspension. We go on the first 3 day weekend ride and I load her up with about 30 extra pounds. Totally changed everything!! Tightening the shock did nothing. Worst ride I’ve ever experience on a bike in my life. Bounced around corners; impossible to hold a line. Scared the living HELL out of me!! Ruined one of the best loops I’ve ever been on. Hundreds of miles of twisting turns. Who in gods name would have thought a few extra pounds could have made such a difference. She is the 6th bike I’ve owned and I’m sick of messing with her. She is history as soon as I can make it happen. Good luck to the rest of you and hope you enjoy yours.

see ya son and don't come home

WHERE ARE THE MODERATORS TO TURN THIS TO A WORTHLESS THREAD?????? The mods move posts all the time for no apparent reason....... so why let this one run???

I was going through my garage and came across my kids lowered Go-Ped that we might be willing to trade for that 08 slightly dropped Fjeer if your interested.

P.S

Go-Ped comes with stock pipe and also race pipe for when you feel a little more comfortable and ready for some more horsepower

Damn you must be one hell of an expert rider. you've provided more in depth analysis of the weak handling characteristics of an FJR than anybody on this board. I'm sure it was just a matter of time before an expert such as yoursself found us all out. you obviously do not belong on this board.

Now maybe you can give us an expert analysis of Bustanut grandmother's "personal massager"!

If you had to lower it, maybe it's too big for you, if you dropped it because you stalled it.... It's definately too big for you. Just sayin....

YES, she is too big for me as every bike I have ever owned has been too big for me. Unfortunately they really don't make them for a woman my size so I've had to adapt or give up and I'm NOT giving up. All my bikes have been lowered. None have stalled on take off as much as this one. None have been near as temperamental as this one. I did my research. I asked lots of questions on this site about lowering the FJR. I made damn sure the forks were lowed the same as the rear. I spent an entire day on highway 12 dialing in the suspension after reading every post I could find on this site about the subject. Had her dialed in so well my husband could not lose me in the turns on his FZ1. Wonderful, or so I thought. If a little weight can throw her off this much, to hell with it. Awful, AWFUL ride!!
Did you check your rear tire air pressure? Makes one hell of a difference on my bike if my tire is just a little low.

As far as stalling goes, have you bumped up your idle speed yet?

Luckily I have long legs so I haven't dropped it yet, but I did come damn close today when the pavement crumbled beneath my left foot and I almost went over.

The issue is very elementary. "She's" a "He" and is very sensitive about his masculinity. pgrhodes1 flat ass pissed him off with all the gender confusion

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=18pt]Yeah, everything they said! But nobody offered up a good PK![/SIZE]

Just had to get in on this historical thread :yahoo:

pgrhodes1, you sound hot. You got a man?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

See, now *that's* the true reason for this thread... the entertainment value! :D

Couldn't have said it better! There are places that charge extra for entertainment like this. Without the daily thrill of the IBR reports, something of this nature was needed to keep the readership numbers up.

Now, will the next chapter involve Old Michael giving 'riding lessons' to the OP? Don't think we need pictures though. (Although Bustanut probably has something inappropriately suitable in his library of grossness).

pgrhodes1 - I agree whole heartedly! FJR's are the biggest piles of crap made! I thought we should burn the bike and dump it over a cliff. But then I thought green, and the environment, felt kind of guilty. I'll come buy and pick it up from you, no charge. I'll take the toxic FeeJ and get ride it for ya. I'll need the title signed ready to go for the green disposal. You'll never have to worry about the bike from hell again.

I can't believe you actually bought one! Oh man, I feel your pain.

Give me a PM and we'll arrange it all.

Assuming that the OP is/was genuine and not trolling around to stir the pot, I actually have some empathy with her. I've had days when I've ridden home teary-eyed and frustrated, knowing that the beast was way too big for me. The frustration comes from knowing what a great bike it can be, for the right rider, and that I'm not that rider. I am 5'2" with a 26" inseam. My bike is lowered, to allow me a pointed toe down on each side.
I have chosen to ride on paved surfaces only and to avoid gravel like the plague. My bike needs to be very carefully parked, with a view to riding it out of the parking space. I'm not shy about asking for help. The slow speed stuff scares the bejeebers out of me, since my skills are not the best and the bike is so darn top heavy. OTOH, I've never had a problem with poor handling at speed, or with stalling. Pazzo levers have been helpful for my small hands.

Realizing that a lack of slow speed control is not the bike's fault, I'm trying to hone my skills on a smaller bike, then use those skills on the beast. Dare I admit here on the FJR forum that I'm actually enjoying the smaller bike? It has a 29" seat height, weighs 400lbs wet and carries it's weight down low. I'm quite happy about riding it on dirt, gravel, water crossings etc. Sure, it's no FJR on the freeway but perhaps us little people have to deal with that.

For now, I have no thought of parting with my FJR. Sure, it's too big for me but it doesn't suck. Then again, perhaps that's because I have the faster, '03.
I respectfully submit an idea for a theme song to highlight this thread: Short People by Randy Newman

I'll send in the first request for Silver Penguin (Jill: The Birthday Girl), PGRhodes, Barb, Krashdragon (Mary), Kasey (Catherine), MEM (Mary Ellen), Ric-in-Sac, Last Chance and the other hundreds of "inseam challenged" owners who have adjusted their riding style, lowered their bikes or modified their seats and still enjoy their FJRs.

At last count, I think there were something like 23 lady riders on this forum. Of course, 3 or 4 are registered but ride other bikes, like Tyler's Triumph Trophy 1200.

Penny, I'm sorry you are having so many problems with yours. Regarding the stalling issue, it does sound like your idle is too low OR you have an electronic issue (ECU of TPS). A dealer should be able to repair those problems AND they should be under warranty/recall.

Re: suspension. Too many variables bith spring settings, weight, tire pressures, etc. It sounds like you didn't have it dialed in for the load you were carrying. For instance, when I was running the stock shock, I'd leave mine on "soft" unless I was heavily loaded (both side cases and top case). I weight 250+ lbs. before adding luggage and run my tires between 40 & 42 lbs pressure, depending on load.

If you've had enough issues that cause anxiety or a touch of distrust/fear, your best solution is probably to sell this platform and find one that will instill confidence as you travel. Good luck.

And one other thing....

After :rofl: reading this whole thing post by post, I thought of our old friend TWN. I'm sure he would have some words of wisdom for us all. ;)

BTW - This is the best laugh I've had in quite some time. Now I remember why I hang out here. :D

I guess that is a lot better than admitting that the FJR sucks.
OMG! you're not SERIOUS?! What size ARE you? Yeah, the Feej is a big bike but I LOVE mine !!! (and I'm not very big )

Oh yeah. Rhetorical question since you're off the Forum ...... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.