SICK of this bike!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
%20Auschwitz%20dwarfs.jpg

OM's right-she's hot in black, doncha think?

Did she mention that the side-stand sux as well?

(Am I the last one to post in this thread? Do I get a prize?)

Get in while the gettin' is good folks.... I'm gonna shut this thread down at the 24-hour mark (which about 90 minutes from now), primarily due to it's poor positioning..... the OP should have posted this on Thursday, not Monday.
It is throwing off our traditional Dogpile Fridays, and we can't be having that. Traditions must be upheld. Always.

90 minutes... let's see how many of you can get in a last shot! :lol:
You'll open it back on Friday right? :angry:

am I missing something? :wacko:
I think your problem, barb, is that you think 'normally', as in, all synapses appear to be firing as advertised, etc, etc.

Not sure that is the case for the OP.... :huh: :D
Now THAT'S some funny shit right there!! :lol: :lol2:

Funny in the way of I-happen-to-agree with you, that is.

I'll say it again...

Best.

Thread.

EVER!!!

:jerry:

:trinibob:

WAIT a second...

I think I found a picture of the OP.

No WONDER she's been having so many issues...

BackwardsHelmet.jpg

When a woman is under the influence of PMS, the only correct answer is 'Yes, dear' or silence. Most of the married men on the forum already know this. Some will bear scars, gained during the period in which they learned this.
fts! a myth propogated by those who desire a shift to a matriarchal society! those women who try to pull that are the same ones that you see with 2 black eyes... because they didn't understand what STFU meant the first time.

[SIZE=8pt]now pardon me while i send this and close the screen before some woman sees me typing it.[/SIZE]

I'd almost say an ERC course would probably benefit this person, I've never had a problem handing the Feej at low speeds but unless you are used to slipping the clutch or confident in your skills I can see how it would be a difficult bike to handle, As awesome as I think the Feej is, it does take some finesse at low speeds since she is a heavy beast... IMHO Sport Tourers are like that in general (With the possible exception of the VFR)
I took an ERC over this past weekend and the ridercoach pointed out something that I did unconsciously but never thought about is that sport tourers don't have the same handlebar lock to lock travel as other bikes so you need to do more lean bike only and slip the clutch in order to do slow speed tight turns. If you are not used to that, the bike CAN feel like he is describing...
Okay, I've been riding for 15 years. I have taken the beginner, the intermediate, and the advanced courses. I have put 9,000 miles on the FJR since she was purchased last year. 30,000 on the Suzuki I just sold. 15,000 on the FZ1 I sold before I purchased the FJR. I could go on and on but I'm getting tired of defending myself. So go ahead and keep saying I'm inexperienced and need confidence if it makes you feel better. I guess that is a lot better than admitting that the FJR sucks.
1) You have lowered the bike. The fact that you have lowered other bikes means nothing to me. You have changed the dynamics of how the bike was designed, then you complain when it didn't handle right with 30#s on it.

2) You've stalled the bike. I can't make heads or tails of that. I've been riding since 1971, and I actually did stall my FJR one time. It was clearly sloppy clutch work on my part - even with my experience if you ride long enough it will happen occassionally. One thing I will admit to is that the idle speed on the FJR is known to be set too low - I had to raise my idle speed.

I respect that the FJR for you did not work out. But the FJR has been out for what - seven year now, and these are problems that I've never seen anyone complain about. I'm sorry for your situation, but have a hard time accepting that your experience makes it a horrible bike. I have 40,000 miles on mine and love it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Absolutely (LOVE) to death of this bike!! She is hitting the road next Spring if I can (RIDE) the bitch. I’ve never loved a bike so much in my life. Have dropped her twice because (i`m a bumbass) & stalled on take off (MY HAND ARE TOO TINY) but the last straw happened last weekend. I have her lowered (BECAUSE I`M too FRIGGEN SHORT) and worked extremely hard to dial in the suspension. We go on the first 3 day weekend ride and I load her up with about 30 extra pounds (AFTER A BIG BREAKFAST). Totally changed everything!! (SHE IS SWEET NOW) Tightening the shock did (THE TRICK). (BEST) ride I’ve ever experience on a bike in my life. (FLYING) around corners; (FANTASTIC) to hold a line. Scared the living HELL out of me!! (SAVED ON MY GPS AS) one of the best loops I’ve ever been on. Hundreds of miles of twisting turns. Who in gods name would have thought a few extra (TURNS) could have made such a difference. She is the (LAST) bike (I`LL) own and I (LOVE) messing with her. She (MAKES) history as soon as I can make it happen. Good luck to the rest of you and hope you enjoy yours.

So i changed a few word & it worked out a little better :yahoo:

OH IT`S FRIDAY

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.