Side Case Protection

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SacramentoMike

Not Safe For Work
Reaction score
I'm looking for a couple ideas for protecting the tops of my side cases from scratches. Well, to cover up the scratches I already put on the tops of my side cases, okay? But also protect them from further damage. I found some online that would probably be fine, but thought I'd ask if anybody has another idea. I know some of you have the kind I linked--how do you like them? Any issues? Like do they stay on, or maybe start to peel off? Who's done something else? Your thoughts appreciated.

Mike, I had those on my 08 for many years and had no issues. They stayed on and never started to peel even riding through the heat of a Phoenix, AZ summer.

I've always put 3M clear protection film on the sidebags before I scratched them up. Silly boy.

I'm looking for a couple ideas for protecting the tops of my side cases from scratches. Well, to cover up the scratches I already put on the tops of my side cases, okay? But also protect them from further damage. I found some online that would probably be fine, but thought I'd ask if anybody has another idea. I know some of you have the kind I linked--how do you like them? Any issues? Like do they stay on, or maybe start to peel off? Who's done something else? Your thoughts appreciated.
John Tanberg; I have used those on 2 FJR'S and they do work very good. Have not had any problems with them peeling off. Look sharp on the bike also!!

Somebody had once listed a template duplicating those Techspec pads. I bought some fake carbon fiber wrap/contact vinyl and was going to cut my own but now I can't find the template.

The TechSpec is a great product. I have them on my cases and tank. Zero issues, and I ride in all types of weather.

Just looked at your clicky and when you go to choose a product only the tank protector shows as available, not the saddlebag protectors.