Sidestand fix?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[snip]
Yes, pointless thread unless you own an '06 and would like a better stand...This is my stand and I'm standing with it..LOL

Only two more months to go before all the 07 guy's start kicking in with their Sidestand fix questions.

And their "Whats the Best Oil for an 07"

"What tires for an 07"

"What kind of Air should I put in my 07 tires"

I can hardly wait....

It is terrible to have people new to FJRs that would like to gain knowledge from a site known for it....real bummer to share, best to drive the noobs into the dirt :clapping:
No way man... I like Newbs, I was a newb once. Newbs are delicious.

As for the side stand, you say poh-tate-oh, I say poh-tot-oh. I know how to adjust it if I need to. Fred dun showed us all side-stand-deficient folks how to make it work much better for us if we so desire.

That's what's great about this place, you will learn stuff, you just might take a beating expressing yourself now and then.

Take TWN and his love of interior decorating. I don't much care for it, but hey, I learned a few things reading that thread.

I don't see what some of you guys are bitchin about; the Amish already had a sidestand mod!

blacksmith20promo20photo202095.jpg

I've never seen so many miss the point & work around it. If this has been an issue from day 1 with FJRs ,albeit a small one, you'd think it would have been dealt with. Just common sense to put stand all the way down and bike in gear but does not address the situation with the stand itself. Fact on mine is it will stay in any position I put it , normal for FJR ? Not normal for motocycles in general. Yes I am able to overcome this by being aware of it and will have to grind some to get stand a bit more forward where most bikes are (not sure of earlier FJRs) to keep it from easily moving position. Because someone does not regularly post here does not exclude his knowledge. If I stop riding and start posting more what does that say ? Not much for me personally for sure.
Oh brother. :(

What fool resurrected this turd of a thread?

Is it too late to dogpile Fred? :D

Seriously, if I can do something simple to save me some $$$ when I have one of my dumbass moments I'm willing to listen. Right on Fred!

And, oh yea ... DOWN WITH THE HATE! :drinks:

Josh

What fool resurrected this turd of a thread?
Didn't you notice the "Never-Ending" in the page title?

I forgot. Are we supposed to kinder and gentler...........?
Uhmmmmm... :rolleyes:

Yeah, I know, the Admins must read every thread. And yes, some of the arguments, complaints and questions are tediously repetitive. Also, the questioner/poster has no idea that the subject has been discussed previously and are sure that they are the only owners who have faced this issue. However, I remember that, I too, was once a "Noob" and was kindly tolerated and accepted into the brotherhood of the FJR ownership experience.

I know you can both do it. I really believe it. Take a deep breath, exhale, repeat. Now, isn't that better? :D

Last edited by a moderator:
However, I remember that, I too, was once a "Noob" and was kindly tolerated and accepted into the brotherhood of the FJR ownership experience.
Actually, that's not quite accurate.

You were not kindly tolerated, accepted, or even liked as a "noob". It wasn't until we saw what a big motherf***er you are and realized you could kick our ass that we finally started to like you.

:****:

Last night my bike fell over after I put it on the sidestand, and luckily I caught it just before it hit the ground and muscled it back upright.
This is the second time the sidestand has tried to collapse on me, and though I am aware of the problem and try to make sure it is always positively locked forward, it still seems to happen sometimes.

snip

Thoughts?
Try a DL-1000 sidestand and you will appreciate the FJR sidestand as being much better?

Actually, that's not quite accurate.
You were not kindly tolerated, accepted, or even liked as a "noob". It wasn't until we saw what a big motherf***er you are and realized you could kick our ass that we finally started to like you.

:****:
:bleh: :rofl:

Last night my bike fell over after I put it on the sidestand, and luckily I caught it just before it hit the ground and muscled it back upright.

This is the second time the sidestand has tried to collapse on me, and though I am aware of the problem and try to make sure it is always positively locked forward, it still seems to happen sometimes.

snip

Thoughts?
Try a DL-1000 sidestand and you will appreciate the FJR sidestand as being much better?
Back to the original posting/problem. Comparing different bike's sidestands isn't soving the problem other than identifying there is an issue with many different manufacturers and models.

IF you are having a problem then I assume you are searching for a solution not merely looking for a podium from which to complain. That being said, the easiest way to solve the kickstand position on the FJR is to grind or file a small portion of material away from the contact point with the sidestand stop. That way the sidestand will rotate forward a few more degrees and be more stable.

OR you could manufacture a different, shorter version and sell it on the forum as others have done to solve issues they knew of. Hey, it's the American way!

Last edited by a moderator:
If we don't have a problem with the side stand does it mean one still exists? If I am stupid enough not to check to make sure each and everytime it is secure, does this make it the bikes problem or mine?

If your 2006 doesn't have a problem, or you don't have a problem with it, No, If it /you have a problem with it , it does...Caution may apply to other years/riders....