Sidestand fix?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And then I took a heat gun set on "low", and removed the gay-ass red reflectors on the hard bags. The final result added 3hp put to the ground.
Be careful doing that... I set mine on high and I screwed up the paint. I think it also melted my side stand because the bike fell over and scratched the bag. Without the reflector on the bag, it did more damage to the already screwed up paint.

NOTE: Some parts of the above story are true, others are not.

Last edited by a moderator:
140? 140 what?

Hell, I'm feeling generous. 141!

I was ROBBED! Where's my damn attorney.

Shit. I had already done paypal and everthing.

That's it. You are ALL off the christmas card list (except RadioHowie - long story)

<------Picking up my marbles and going home.

Bastards.

I was warming my bike up sitting on the centerstand this morning parked next to a tree.
I shifted 55 times in a minute; then the throttle got too sensitive; the seat was too hard, my grips were too hard the throttle spring was too hard and it started ticking and roasted my left leg so I put the sidestand down to take it off the centerstand. I pulled the front brake lever in until it touched the grip.

When I was lowering it off the centerstand, the sidestand collapsed and it landed on my metal slider which broke my frame causing my Metzeler tire to fail and both sidebags to unlock and fall off. The car swerving into my lane couldn't hear my wimpy horn and there was no grease on my spline.

The glovebox wouldn't open and the suspension was too mushy.

Picking it up, I tore my bicep, wrenched my back, both knees and got monkey butt....

I have a set of 04 bags for sale. I want $500 for the pair or $250 for one plus the shipping costs. Unfortunely I am leaving on vacation in the morning. Will be gone till September 10. If interested, PM me and I will get in touch when I return.
Hm...only one reference to my tree theory. I quess I am just a genius in my own mind. And so much for my pillow theory. We can just throw that out the window. That and my engineer's degree from hoodwink's gross misconduct college. :glare:

I was warming my bike up sitting on the centerstand this morning parked next to a tree.

I shifted 55 times in a minute; then the throttle got too sensitive; the seat was too hard, my grips were too hard the throttle spring was too hard and it started ticking and roasted my left leg so I put the sidestand down to take it off the centerstand. I pulled the front brake lever in until it touched the grip.

When I was lowering it off the centerstand, the sidestand collapsed and it landed on my metal slider which broke my frame causing my Metzeler tire to fail and both sidebags to unlock and fall off. The car swerving into my lane couldn't hear my wimpy horn and there was no grease on my spline.

The glovebox wouldn't open and the suspension was too mushy.

Picking it up, I tore my bicep, wrenched my back, both knees and got monkey butt....

I have a set of 04 bags for sale. I want $500 for the pair or $250 for one plus the shipping costs. Unfortunely I am leaving on vacation in the morning. Will be gone till September 10. If interested, PM me and I will get in touch when I return.
Hm...only one reference to my tree theory. I quess I am just a genius in my own mind. And so much for my pillow theory. We can just throw that out the window. That and my engineer's degree from hoodwink's gross misconduct college. :glare:
Nonsense....

I specifically went back and edited my tale to include 'parked next to a tree'.

I appreciated it 'cuz I, in fact, am an engineer: BSEE Arizona State '90.

My Electrical Engineering degree included a great deal of software; like your pillows....

140? 140 what?
The WINNER of the 140th post is... [SIZE=12pt]SCAB![/SIZE]
EDIT!

Scab looses! [SIZE=12pt]FJR1300[/SIZE] WINS!

There is no winner of this thread but Scythian and I am his prophet. (Peace be unto Me)

Who is going to be number 150 on the "thread that won't die"? It ain't rockit sigh-ence, yuh noe!

[SIZE=8pt]Ooooh baby, 2 for the show![/SIZE]

"I appreciated it 'cuz I, in fact, am an engineer: BSEE Arizona State '90."
OK, Scythian... I need help.. Mr. EE.... please respond.. PLEASE? https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?s...ic=11935&hl=
>>the impedance imbalance caused by using a earth ground headset/earbud causes the DA system to have difficulties and their solution is to use their specific earbuds, which I may or may not like (they arrive tommorrow).<<

They gave you the right answer there.

Anything built for a floating ground has digital rectifiers in it that keep things 'going in the right direction'. Once you try to hook up an earth ground system to it, it's gonna dampen out. Think of a one-way shock absorber that only works for bumps and not dips.

Electricity is like a teenage girl in a car, it always takes the path of least resistance and, like, whatever....

OK, Scythian... I need help.. Mr. EE.... please respond.. PLEASE? https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?s...ic=11935&hl=
>>the impedance imbalance caused by using a earth ground headset/earbud causes the DA system to have difficulties and their solution is to use their specific earbuds, which I may or may not like (they arrive tommorrow).<<

Anything built for a floating ground has digital rectifiers in it that keep things 'going in the right direction'. Once you try to hook up an earth ground system to it, it's gonna dampen out. Think of a one-way shock absorber that only works for bumps and not dips.

Electricity is like a teenage girl in a car, it always takes the path of least resistance and, like, whatever....
Apoligies for the hijack, but this is important to me... what can I do to make the Er6i's work with the DA system? Can I install diodes to rectify the current flow? Would it be as simple as to simply cut off their stock earbuds and splice into the ER6i's? Serious questions, please help..Once again, sorry for the hijack. if better, please respond to the original thread.. https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?s...ic=11935&hl=..
and Thank You.. Seriously.

Dude, have you read any of this crap? And you're worried about a hijack on page 8? This thing has been hijacked, rejacked, jacked-up, jacked over and jack daniel'd. (odot did that last one)

Apoligies for the hijack, but this is important to me... what can I do to make the Er6i's work with the DA system? Can I install diodes to rectify the current flow? Would it be as simple as to simply cut off their stock earbuds and splice into the ER6i's? Serious questions, please help..Once again, sorry for the hijack. if better, please respond to the original thread.. https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?s...ic=11935&hl=..
and Thank You.. Seriously.
I think you're gonna have to go with their earbuds....

Y'know, regardless of their advertising, there is going to be some audible 'hum' or 'static' in these things depending on ambient conditions.

You should see the amount of design, testing, hardening and maintenance that goes into military electronic systems that function in similar conditions.

Having said that--I don't have any intercom or audio on my bike.... My bike is where I go to get away from all that stuff!

Make your reservations now for next year's Kickstand Clinic, being hosted by FredH and sponsored by:

kickstandcafe.jpg

(yeah, found it on Google..)