Sidestand fix?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sparky3008, give it a rest. We get the point that you think it is dumb. Other people are interested in Fred's point and your juvenile posts are tired.
:****:

I stopped as many others chimed in such as Dale Skooter and others so I let them have at it.

Why don't you tell them to give it a rest too. :****:

I will also add that I love the way you guys pick on Spedboy and others for the comments they made but didn't say such nice things about Dale or SkooterG or Ignacio when they made virtually the same exact comments.

Chicken maybe!!!

And one more :****:

Last edited by a moderator:
Fred, I follow your reasoning on this one. I had one instance where I almost fucked up deploying the side stand. At work, of course, in front of plenty of witnesses. Luckily, I realized the stand wasn't completely down before I got too much lean angle on the fat girl, and I was able to do the two-step with her but not drop her.

Good thing I squat 600 lbs. Pounds? I meant ounces. Anyway, it scared the shit out of me, and now I am an obsessive-compulsive poster child when it comes to the FJR sidestand.

And, I just got finished repairing $250 damage to my daughter's new Kawasaki 650R, the newest Ninja, because of a sidestand screw up. That one was all on us, though; the old sloping downhill the wrong way, not in gear kind of screw up.

That's what mistakes are for, to learn from.

No, no.... think of it as like, free entertainment. Kinda like the goofy-ass "I can shift 55 times a minute" thread. :lol: :lol:
I'm still laughing my ass off over the electric shift versus cluch lever thread.

Motorcycling is about choices. I'm glad we have a lot of choices. Otherwise, we'd all be riding the same bike. Well, not the SAME bike, but bikes that are all alike. And even if there WERE only one kind of bike, you know we'd farkle the hell out of them to make them different.

OK, back to the regularly scheduled rant.

I apologize for implying that any of you are fools or tools. I love this forum and the fast and loose bickering we have here. I'm just stating the truth as I see it with the stand. So sorry all about the name-calling and FWIW, please bite my bag.

You know what would be cool, if for no other reason than the "bling" factor? Attach a electromagnetic thrust plunger, like on an automotive door lock.

You know what would be cool, if for no other reason than the "bling" factor? Attach a electromagnetic thrust plunger, like on an automotive door lock.
Adapt an air shifter to the stand also and with a push of the button it is down!!!

Thank goodness nobody complained about how hard it is to get Feejer on the center stand in an attempt to bypass the side stand entirely.

:assassin:

Thank goodness nobody complained about how hard it is to get Feejer on the center stand in an attempt to bypass the side stand entirely.

:assassin:
The problem for Fred wasn't getting it on the stand, he had a problem once coming off the centerstand.

He said the sidestand then was not still all the way down and he almost dropped it. He apparently never checked. In my experience with bringing the bike off the centerstand with the sidestand down it would hit and I would expect very easily would move the sidestand...

That's why I didn't leave the sidestand down when coming off the centerstand and then once down would then redeploy the sidestand, completely.

The times I have gotten into trouble is after rocking the bike off the centerstand with the sidestand all the way down. It seems that when the bike rocks off the centerstand it drops enough to make the deployed sidestand to move just off the stop a bit. Then when you lean the bike over, the side stand retracts. The obvious solution is to put the sidestand down AFTER taking it off the centerstand instead of before, but I would like to investigate fixing the sidestand so that it locks forward on it's own like it should. If you don't have this problem, then more power to you, but I would like to fix my bike so that I don't drop it, and I suspect others out there might also be interested.

he had a problem once coming off the centerstand. He said the sidestand then was not still all the way down and he almost dropped it. He apparently never checked. In my experience with bringing the bike off the centerstand with the sidestand down it would hit and I would expect very easily would move the sidestand...
I saw where Fred mentioned the centerstand as a means to test the side stand. Must have missed that he was going from the centerstand with the side stand down when he had the problem. So this means that I can't bring up hydraulic centerstands to go with pneumatic and electrical sidestand deployment? :lol:

he had a problem once coming off the centerstand. He said the sidestand then was not still all the way down and he almost dropped it. He apparently never checked. In my experience with bringing the bike off the centerstand with the sidestand down it would hit and I would expect very easily would move the sidestand...
I saw where Fred mentioned the centerstand as a means to test the side stand. Must have missed that he was going from the centerstand with the side stand down when he had the problem. So this means that I can't bring up hydraulic centerstands to go with pneumatic and electrical sidestand deployment? :lol:
Well, maybe this will shed even more light as to why I was so hard on him!!!

So this means that I can't bring up hydraulic centerstands to go with pneumatic and electrical sidestand deployment? :lol:

Yes, that's means you cannot bring it up. That would make us a bunch of beemer wannabe's. To maintain our original and seperate identity, the center stand deployment method would have to be a manual screw-jack activation.

NO! WAIT! It could be hydraulic. It would just need to be a manual pump activated by 447 quick successive deployments/stowages of the sidestand that is mounted to the handle.

:search: Um, I think we can stop now - Fred appears to have left the building. That and how the **** can we actually drone on for 6 pages and 113 posts about a frickin' side stand? Cheese, anyone? :blink: But thanks for all the laughs!

I have been working on this problem for some time now, concerned that with the growing popularity of the FJR platform, untold thousands to follow would be at risk due to the horror Yamaha calls a "kickstand". I mean, who will care for the riding children to come?

My new RADOMATIC2007© auto-sidestand deployment & retraction system will hopefully be the answer all seek.

Top Secret Photo
15671.jpg

Prof Rad

"RADOMATIC2007© auto-sidestand deployment system will hopefully be the answer all seek.

Prof Rad"

Looks to me like its gonna have a heat issue.

Well, that just renders my ideas useless folly by comparison. I bow to the prof.

"RADOMATIC2007© auto-sidestand deployment system will hopefully be the answer all seek.
Prof Rad"

Top men in my HEATBLAMEOLOGY© department are hard at work on this new development.

Prof Rad

Prof Rad"

Top men in my HEATBLAMEOLOGY© department are hard at work on this new development.

That should be good for another 6 pages or so :p