Single Best Farkle Ever - what have you added that you rate as #1?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GP Suspension forks and Penske Rear. Simply make me a better rider. More confident, the thing is now on rails and I know what it's going to do going into a corner. Extremely precise steering and body control.

This is my first major suspension improvement on any bike. Now all my bikes will get some upgrades.

Shawn Pearsall

05 FJR

99 SV650S

94 GTS 1000

93 GTS 1000

71 R5 350

My list includes Cox radiator guard, Throttlemeister, GPS, radar detector, SPOT, bar risers, B Meyer seat, Givi top case, Kissan signal minder and headlight flasher, magnum blasters, frame sliders, wave rotors, steel brake/clutch lines, PCIII, Fuseblock, powelet outlets, Starcom, Wilbers suspension components, Cee Bailey headlight protectors and windscreen, and more. I recommend them all (but would likely choose a different suspension vendor).

That said:

#1 Multivex Mirrors - the best view of lurking dangers available

#2 PTT GMRS radio - being in touch with others on a ride is delightful and adds to overall efficiency

Last edited by a moderator:
My list includes Cox radiator guard, Throttlemeister, GPS, radar detector, SPOT, bar risers, B Meyer seat, Givi top case, Kissan signal minder and headlight flasher, magnum blasters, frame sliders, wave rotors, steel brake/clutch lines, PCIII, Fuseblock, powelet outlets, Starcom, Wilbers suspension components, Cee Bailey headlight protectors and windscreen, and more. I recommend them all (but would likely choose a different suspension vendor).
That said:

#1 Multivex Mirrors - the best view of lurking dangers available

#2 PTT GMRS radio - being in touch with others on a ride is delightful and adds to overall efficiency
Bullshit!!! I'm betting that at one time just last summer, there was a certain remote welding shop farklization that was at the very top of that list. :lol:

Noting that it said "best farkle ever", and NOT "best farkle right now". :p

Bullshit!!! I'm betting that at one time just last summer, there was a certain remote welding shop farklization that was at the very top of that list.
Noting that it said "best farkle ever", and NOT "best farkle right now".
I stand corrected and appolgize for mis-interpreting the original question.

P3150244.jpg

P7010285.jpg

Yep, without a doubt, my "best farkle ever" !!

.....of course, it was nice to have the radio to be able to call Steve for assistance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bullshit!!! I'm betting that at one time just last summer, there was a certain remote welding shop farklization that was at the very top of that list.
Noting that it said "best farkle ever", and NOT "best farkle right now".
I stand corrected and appolgize for mis-interpreting the original question.

P3150244.jpg

P7010285.jpg

Yep, without a doubt, my "best farkle ever" !!

.....of course, it was nice to have the radio to be able to call Steve for assistance.

I would need to disagree. I think the tire really got things kicked off as the best ever!

11537_1.jpg

Zumo 550 with xm radio for those long rides . . . then a Russell seat so I can actually enjoy the music while I am riding instead of thinking about the pain in my arse.

Single best farkle ever.... not even bike specific... the PINLOCK VISOR.

Now I can ride even when the temps are low enough that folks think I am crazy....

(or make that crazier..)

KM
What is that??
Pinlocks are small posts on a helmet visors screen that allow specific inserts to be installed across the visor. These inserts seal to the visor creating a non-fogging area that covers most of the visor surface. They should be mandatory, IMO, since breathing isn't optional! :)

If I had to pick my favorite farkle that is specific to the FJR, I'd have to be one of the many saying the Russell Day Long but in conjunction with the Heli-bar riser. The combination of those two farkles really is what made the bike ideally comfortable for miles and days of continuous riding... after that though, I'd be pushed to pick between my VStream shield and PCIII... Both have been fantastic... Overall though, it still just has to be the Russell seat, because without it, I wouldn't be able to enjoy the bike for any serious distances...