Single Best Farkle Ever - what have you added that you rate as #1?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1 - Vista Cruise, by far the best piece of plastic I own!

2 - Stebel horn, mounted inconspicuously, of course!

3 - Pro Motion frame sliders, which I plan not to use!

4 - Pillion back rest - can't sit back there any way!

1. aftermarket suspension upgrade front and rear2. Russells seats

3. StarComm

4. V-stream
Gotta agree with Auburn, only I haven't yet installed the Ohlins or GPS front forks. But the Russell allowed me to enjoy a 300+ mile day (necessary for WFO and CFR), Starcom saved me from boredom and allowed bike 2 bike, and Vstream cut out the buffeting and noise.

I'd also add Michelin PR2's, which greatly enhanced traction

Audiovox cruise control. If you wanna run 600 miles or more in a day, it is a hand/wrist/brain saver.

Ok, I changed my mind. Sliders (mine were OES) were the best farkle. I used them a few weeks ago when I had the bike tip over. They were the difference b/t a little bit of damage and a lot of damage.

I like how my farkles work for me - I can't think of any one I'd want to give up:

- Alarm system - Phantom-X

- Brake light, auxiliiary, modulated - Whelen Dominator-2 light bar w/external flasher

- Cruise control - Audiovox CS-100 & Bergman bracket

- Driving lights - Hella Micro-DE Xenon HID w/Garauld mounting brackets

- Foot guards - OEM

- Frame 'sliders' - Skyway

- Fuse block - Blueseas 6 circuit

- Headlight modulator - Comagination

- Heated grips - OEM Speed Sensitive

- Intercom system - Autocom Pro-M1

- Navigator GPS - Garmin Zumo 660 w/___ Stem nut mount

- Speed bleeders

- Speedo Healer

- Storage - Corbin Smuggler

Last edited by a moderator:
Since I didn't really make a list in my last post:

Vista Cruise (previous owner)

PR2's

Magnum Horns

WigWag (previous owner)

Aux 12v

WynPro Rambone

Custom Gaurald rack with pillion rest (previous owner)

Bluesea box (previous owner)

WynPro kickstand pad

Seat reworked by someone local - best comfort farkle.

Heli triple clamp - best "take away the buzz" farkle.

Fiamm horns & 3M tape - best safety farkle.

GPSuspension fork rework and Penske 8983... Forks shipped to GPS tomorrow. I can already say will be the best "make the bike stick like glue" farkle.

PCIII - best "no more embarrassed at full stop then full throttle" farkle.

Motovation sliders & manic salamander bar ends w/ throttle lock - best "first question from someone else in the form 'Hey, what are those?' " farkle.

Meguiar's paint cleaner, wash, polish, and wax - best "getting the looks and waves from the chicks" farkle.

V1 - best "keeping my ass out of jail" farkle.

So this is the "list all my farkles" thread. Well, I'll try to pick that elusive "Single Best Farkle Ever."

And yes, there are a lot of contenders for the title, but the one I feel best about, for my personal safety in traffic and in the middle of nowhere in the dark, is those Clearwater LED lights. They DO see me. Ask somebody who's ridden in front of me. And I can see THEM, too. Hiding in the bushes by the side of the road. That's hard to top.

Ok, I changed my mind. Sliders (mine were OES) were the best farkle. I used them a few weeks ago when I had the bike tip over. They were the difference b/t a little bit of damage and a lot of damage.
"Had the bike tip over?" Hmm, sounds like mistakes were made. :p

So this is the "list all my farkles" thread. Well, I'll try to pick that elusive "Single Best Farkle Ever."
Well sir, the INTENT when I started the thread was to list the SINGLE best farkle. I'd assumed that eventually we'd cover the whole gamut of known farkles if everyone listed one.

But here's the rub...

No one reads...thus we started seeing "lists" of farkles appearing. I tried once to suggest folks at least highlight their ONE pick from any lists posted - and by and large, this is what folks have been doing.

As I've aged and matured, I've mellowed. Those distant days of yore when I began the thread are so long behind me now that I simply roll with the flow now. Besides, there can be FAR worse things than a thread listing scads of farkles for new folks to find and pour through. ;)

Viva Los Farkles!

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking at it from a slightly different POV, I asked myself, if someone told me I had to return the bike to stock except for ONE farkle, which one would I keep? No question, I would keep my Russel seat. Other improvements don't count for much when my butt is aching and burning.

Looking at it from a slightly different POV, I asked myself, if someone told me I had to return the bike to stock except for ONE farkle, which one would I keep? No question, I would keep my Russel seat. Other improvements don't count for much when my butt is aching and burning.

+1 on the seat being the most important farkle. In my case, SARGENT.