SkooterG munches Playa dust!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lets hope it's on the other bike. Or.....do you have a new cell on your FJR now? :D :D
....pretty sure I don't have a Tanji on mine. I'd definitely notice the F-18's continually catching the 3 wire on my ass if it was.

....pretty sure I don't have a Tanji on mine. I'd definitely notice the F-18's continually catching the 3 wire on my ass if it was.
Yeah, I mount strobes and gear back there to wave them off. The F14 pilots were cool, the RIO would tell them not to land, no ball. The F18 jockeys don't have anyone to help them. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Damn Scoot!

Adreniln mask some pain for awhile. endo your bruised up for sure. A collarbone is not too bad a heal. They didn't do anything for mine. Don't get hooked on the pain drugs. Glad everything was well handled. Take the time to heal. TJ

I am inpressed an FJR can endo and still be rideable (steering off only 5 degrees)! :rolleyes:

Glad to hear you're not too badly injured, Skooter. But I can't help thinking that '04 might have been telling you something -- didn't it pitch you on Sonora Pass once before? Hoping that newer one is better behaved.
My guess is that it's pissed off he bought another one and is trying to kill him for being a lying dirty no-good cheater. Is it any wonder we give them female names? :D

I'm amazed at how the MC community, and especially the LD and FJR folks stand up when someone suffers adversity. You can't pay for that kind of help. Heal up fast Skooter!
I'm impressed by pretty much everyone on this board! I can only hope that some of you are around if/when I have my get-off.

Heal up soon, Skoots. N' remember, there's a REASON people drank whiskey in the good ol' days.

Greg,

We just met the one time, but could tell you're a dedicated LD kind of guy and this won't keep you down long. Collarbones are overrated, last I heard 11 lbs. of pressure was required to break a good one and 7 lbs. to break a "repaired" one. Mine took about 3 months to heal up good enough to get an work release, but I was just a few weeks past 21, so yours might take a day or two longer. :rolleyes: Keep the get offs to 6.9 lbs. or less like I have and you'll be fine.

Heal quick.

JW

Hey Skooter,Good to see you up and posting!
Greg, sorry to hear about your accident. I am thankful that you are a survivor. I thought about you yesterday when I passed thru Casa Grande. Your adventure is a taste of reality that no matter how often we ride and how careful we may be that things can go wrong and we can learn from our mistakes.

Take it easy and get back on the bike ASAP. I remember when I was in recovery from open heart surgery, after a month of feeling down, I remembered what has always made me feel up- I got on my FJR and went riding. It was great medicine for me. I have been on the road on the bike almost non stop since February 2006. :yahoo:

Take care buddy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Greg,

I have no idea what a playa is, but I believe I will avoid them. I do know what a broken clavical is, kinda like the wishbone on a chicken. Broken one - OUCH!

Sorry about your digger man. Hope you heal up soon.

hey skooter,

heal quickly and get back on. you got lots of time to get playa dust outta everything now, huh?

here's a shot of my favorite hat.

shu

brchat.JPG

Kudos to all that helped skooter. I had to ride my bike home when I crashed my V-Twin, but I know how good it felt when a guy stopped and helped me pick up the bike and followed me home.
When I crashed my FJR, a couple stopped to help me out. I was a bit dazed and confused by the suddeness and helmet strike. They helped me pick up the pieces and lash them to the bike. They asked if they could call anyone for me. Then they followed me about two miles home to my house to make sure I got there OK. When I pulled into my driveway I only had time to wave and yell "Thanks!" before they just vanished into thin air.

God bless 'em!

JB

brchat.JPG
Does anyone else give the wave to ambulances and EMTs?

brchat.JPG
Does anyone else give the wave to ambulances and EMTs?

usually, but after working FD and aid for 20+ years, i usually just use the middle finger...

jes' kiddin. it was a great gig, a lot of fun, and i hated to retire, but me lower back was DONE. my 2004 gig with the black rock city fire department was some of my best work. never rode an aid rig in a sarong before....

shu