• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Skyway's '06 FJR Frame Sliders

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sliders were waitin' for me when I got home this evening. They look fantastic. Note to others: If you haven't ordered these from Skyway yet, you're missin' out.

I'll be waiting for an answer to rockmurf's stupid question... :D

Skyway: Do you have any left ?? If I mail you a check will you send me a set ?? :unsure:

The next batch will be ready to go in about a week. ;)

Thank's Skyway these sliders rock ! :D I received them today and installed them tonight - 15 minutes and then went for a lap around the track - I love them, outstanding product. :yahoo:

Okay, never mind rockmurf's question. It's pretty obvious once I got off my arse and took the sliders out to the mc.. :rolleyes:

thx Ian! The frame sliders are a lot lighter than I'd thought! :)

Now we just need the highway footpeg farkle for it :D

Got my sliders today, sorry but i have a stupid question. Which side does the longer slider go on? Thanks Everett
Everett, Look at the 2 different screw counterbores on both sides of the bike. You will notice that one is deeper than the other. The longest slider fits into the deepest counterbore. Also make sure that both bolts protrude equal amounts from the end of each slider when they're fully inserted.

If you feel your getting into trouble, PM me your phone # and I'll walk you through it.

Where is everyone digging up the 12mm allen wrench? I thought i had just about every tool and size but my allen wrenches only go up to 10mm and went to lowes and 10mm was the largest they had too.

Where is everyone digging up the 12mm allen wrench? I thought i had just about every tool and size but my allen wrenches only go up to 10mm and went to lowes and 10mm was the largest they had too.
You don't need a 12mm allen wrench, 10mm is the right size. You are confusing 12mm thread vs. 10mm allen wrench.

Okay, so I promise this is my last post on Skyway's sliders. I just can't help it.

These things are sweet. Mind you that the '06 needs no dressin' up as is the best lookin' bike out there already :p , but dangggggg, those sliders from Skyway make the bike look good.

Just put them on a couple of hours ago over at FJR&R's house with the help of him and his tools. We were both drooling :dribble: .

I was just getting to the point where I didn't have to stand in my garage and stare at the motorcycle :blink: . Back to square one on that. Skyway, you are the man.

Got my sliders today, sorry but i have a stupid question. Which side does the longer slider go on? Thanks Everett
Everett, Look at the 2 different screw counterbores on both sides of the bike. You will notice that one is deeper than the other. The longest slider fits into the deepest counterbore. Also make sure that both bolts protrude equal amounts from the end of each slider when they're fully inserted.

If you feel your getting into trouble, PM me your phone # and I'll walk you through it.

They look great Ian, very professionally done!

Since it is done already I hope I figured it out correctly. My method was to stand the bolts on end (head on the workbench) and position the sliders over them completely. Put the sliders over one way until they rest on the bench, and the bolts are different lengths, switch and the same amount of thread pokes out. That was the bolt I used. They seem to look identical when mounted and snugged up without problem. Used some threadlock. To specifically answer rockmurf, it is obvious when you mount them (so in case I screw this up triple check) but the long one goes on the left (shift lever side) of the bike.

They do look pretty.......gotta get some Q-tips for the wax buildup now <_<

Got mine this morning as well. They look great. Thank you for time and effort. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Just curious, have mine shiped? Spoke to soon, went to the mail box and there they were!

Thanks,cary

Last edited by a moderator:

Since it is done already I hope I figured it out correctly. My method was to stand the bolts on end (head on the workbench) and position the sliders over them completely. Put the sliders over one way until they rest on the bench, and the bolts are different lengths, switch and the same amount of thread pokes out. That was the bolt I used. They seem to look identical when mounted and snugged up without problem. Used some threadlock. To specifically answer rockmurf, it is obvious when you mount them (so in case I screw this up triple check) but the long one goes on the left (shift lever side) of the bike.

I got them on. Snapped off the handle to the allen wrench taking off the right side. Thanks all Everett

I got them on. Snapped off the handle to the allen wrench taking off the right side. Thanks all Everett
Damn, that engine bolt sounds like it was way over torqued? To break a 10mm allen wrench would require considerable force. At least I now know you've been eating your Wheaties. :D

ian,

know you are incredibly busy. goodonya. paypal-ed on the 14th. got any idea when i might see 'em?

just curious, not worried. except about dropping the feej before they get here... had a spasmo tippy-toe moment in the garage today, and found out that, like a mother who can lift a car off her child, i can pretty much dead-lift the feej from a ridiculously low angle with one foot still clawing for purchase on gravel... :eek:

thanks,

shu

My left side bolt was not tight at all! Right side was tight.

Cary

Just wanted to show you guys how the blue sliders came out. You are looking at Jim Walczak's set that will be on the way to him tommorow. Until I see them on the bike, it will be hard to know for sure how close the color match will be. I'm certain that no anodize will be a perfect match, but I'm sure that they will blend into the bike more than the polished silver.

IMG_1617.jpg

How much for the pretty blue ones, huh, huh, how much? :smilingsmiley:

Forgive me if you've already posted it... Would love to see a pic with them on an 06!

Status
Not open for further replies.