• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Skyway's '06 FJR Frame Sliders

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a quick update for everyone waiting for sliders. I am almost complete with yet another batch of sliders that will be ready to go by the middle of next week. Please do not send me email or PM's for updates as this only impacts my time even more in getting them finished.
Thanks everyone for your patience.
so i guess i can quit salivating every time the UPS truck goes by? :)

thanks for the update, ian. goodonya. got another 600 miles on without dropping vroom. looks like i'll make it. thank goodness my twitchy throttle hasn't bucked me off yet... :lol:

shu

dang, lookie there. i'm an FNG again. guess i gotta go ride some more. tough club!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I just sent paypal. 2006 fjr machined silver. $88. so much nicer looking than the motos. thanks!!!

Ian:

I wonder if you could produce a longer set of sliders for an '06 that could double as highway pegs? Anyone ever try using the existing length sliders as pegs? Is the heat a problem on the '06?

Mike

I just sent paypal. 2006 fjr machined silver. $88. so much nicer looking than the motos. thanks!!!
Ding, ding, ding, I was thinking the same thing.... or putting making them long enough that a stubby peg could fold into it (or out of it) as needed.

Anyway... Skyway I'm going to be needing a set. Can you PM me your PayPal Info?

Thanks.

-MD

Ian:
I wonder if you could produce a longer set of sliders for an '06 that could double as highway pegs? Anyone ever try using the existing length sliders as pegs? Is the heat a problem on the '06?

Mike
I don't have heat problems on my 06, but as beautiful as they are, Skyway's '06 sliders do get HOT. You'll have black goo from the bottom of your boot if you try riding with your feet on them for any length of time. That's not my style anyway, so I don't see it as a problem. If you're looking for something to do double-duty, I'd suggest not going with a slider/peg like these.

Anyone order in late June and get their's yet? Pushing 3 weeks and I haven't seen mine :(
A note to everyone. I know I promised an earlier ship date, but due to a medical situation in my family (hopefully nothing to worry about until the big test results come back) I have been off track in getting my stuff straight lately. I promise that all sliders will be shipping out on Saturday. I am packaging everything up right now.

Sorry for the delay. :(

Anyone order in late June and get their's yet? Pushing 3 weeks and I haven't seen mine :(
A note to everyone. I know I promised an earlier ship date, but due to a medical situation in my family (hopefully nothing to worry about until the big test results come back) I have been off track in getting my stuff straight lately. I promise that all sliders will be shipping out on Saturday. I am packaging everything up right now.

Sorry for the delay. :(
Hey man, no big deal. I'm just appreciative of an update. Hope whomever gets well, and gets well fast.

Does that include new orders like mine? :)

Thanks for the update, and do take care of your family.

-MD

thanks ian,

knew you were a standup guy and there had to be a reason. best of luck with your family health issue. nothing more important in the world than that....

best,

shu

Ian:

I wonder if you could produce a longer set of sliders for an '06 that could double as highway pegs?

Anyone ever try using the existing length sliders as pegs? Is the heat a problem on the '06?

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts