• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Skyway's Aux. Fuel Cell Kit

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The machine is being preped for the fuel cell mounts as we speak. The 03-05 will be cut first followed right after by the 06-07 bikes.
I'm very sorry about the long delay on this mounting kit, but I had to get some details straightened out before I could begin shipping this item. Starting a company and having the means to comfortably carry a product such as this has delayed it's release, but I can now proceed without any further delays.

They will now be delivered as quickly as I can make them.
Bump

Have not heard anything lately on the cell mount and cover. Any updates for us?

I spoke with Ian back on the back on August 27th and was told that the '03-'05 kits were being sent that Friday. I plan to contact Ian today since I haven't received any type of order confirmation. I will ask Ian to post an update.

Canadian FJR

The machine is being preped for the fuel cell mounts as we speak. The 03-05 will be cut first followed right after by the 06-07 bikes.
I'm very sorry about the long delay on this mounting kit, but I had to get some details straightened out before I could begin shipping this item. Starting a company and having the means to comfortably carry a product such as this has delayed it's release, but I can now proceed without any further delays.

They will now be delivered as quickly as I can make them.
Bump

Have not heard anything lately on the cell mount and cover. Any updates for us?
Hmmmm, this silence is disturbing. Has anyone received anything other than the tank?

Nope. But I'm not overly concerned. Ian's been up to his neck in alligators lately. I believe they were gettin close to the front of the line, so I imagine he'll be letting us know soon enough. I still have a bulkhead fitting to install anyway...

Ian and I spoke on Monday and a few items need to be finished up on the bracket. He is not making the covers himself but will be in touch with the person making them. He indicated that the kits may go out this week. I told him that I would call back on Friday. I will post any news.

Canadian FJR

I got a whole lotta nothing (re: the mounting kit and tank cover... all the other stuff I've had for a while)... Haven't heard anything new from Ian lately...

I've not seen or heard anything about the cover, mount or hardware since I paid $570 at the end of February. I got the canceled check.

Has anybody received their order?

Anyone seen anything on the mounting kits, or heard word from Ian?

Well, given the date this thread was started, and the fact that it predates the start of the "Last" Soltek thread by 5 months, I think we've all been very patient. I was just trying to determine if anyone had any news, since it hasn't exactly been flowing like a river recently... and this purchase has now taken longer than my PDP'd bike...

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, given the date this thread was started, and the fact that it predates the start of the "Last" Soltek thread by 5 months, I think we've all been very patient. I was just trying to determine if anyone had any news, since it hasn't exactly been flowing like a river recently... and this purchase has now taken longer than my PDP'd bike...
Well said.

Patience might be some consolation if we knew if those who advocate it actually had a dog in this hunt.

And to answer your question, the only first hand info I have was from the man himself and his then target ship date has now been elapsed by four months. Nothing since.

Hopefully Ian will make an appearance to give us an update...

Status
Not open for further replies.