• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Skyway's Aux. Fuel Cell Kit

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE...UPDATE...UPDATE

Of course, you realize this is "semi-official" because I am not affiliated with Skyway Machine or Skyway Motorcycle Accessories.....but.....

Ian called me this afternoon. He JUST...TODAY...got the new machine to communicate with his CAD program. Whatta mess! He's had that machine in his shop for 3 mo. or more and, with little or no help from the manufacturer, he has finally gotten his computer program to interface with the new machine. He was running hydration bases as we were talking and will begin using it for his commercial applications....you understand, making money to pay bills.

ANYWAY, I asked him about the fuel cell kits. He has most of the pieces assembled and will now turn his attention to getting them completed and sent out. There are a couple of machining functions left to do, be patient a little longer.

You know how "The Welshman" is, he isn't begging for forgiveness. But since I know him, I understand his frustration with what his company has been going through (in other words, paying for a machine that won't work or perform as represented) AND he knows how frustrated he'd be if he were on the receiving end and awaiting pieces for his FJR.

Hang in there folks....I don't think he realized how overrwhelmed he'd be trying to get the new machine and the new company "off the ground". He told me he was down at the shop until 10 PM last night. I work 12-14 hour days when we are busy, so I understand, I hope you do, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand but in all fairness, that's the exact same story I got weeks ago after speaking with Ian on the phone. No big deal at this point, the riding season up here is almost done so I'm sure I'll have it before next season starts.

Canadian FJR

I understand. We talked about the problems of replacing machinery, running the company and doing 2 group buys all at the same time was a recipe for disaster. At the time he thought he could do it and thought he would help everyone at the same time. In the end, he's one guy trying to do too much.

He's one helluva great guy that looks to being as close to perfection as possible before releasing anything. Bummer He got so behind though. Looking forward to many more awesome products !

Maybe it'll be a Christmas present... what year is the question...

I saw this picture and this has me .....ah..... well, a little upset. Maybe it shouldn't ....maybe a little more information would help me to understand. PM's welcome!

287127303.jpg

I do believe that is a photo of TurboDave's FJR. And I also do believe that it was his FJR that was used to develop the prototype mounting for the GEN II FJRs. Note the incomplete look to the mounting.

I do believe that is a photo of TurboDave's FJR. And I also do believe that it was his FJR that was used to develop the prototype mounting for the GEN II FJRs. Note the incomplete look to the mounting.

That is correct. Turbo's AE was used as the design mule by Skyway.

Any updates?

Hows the CNC machine programming coming along?

Hello.......out here..... :unsure:

MarkB

Vancouver, BC

Evidently, Skyway lent his tank and cover to RenoJohn. That prototype has been going back and forth from RenoJohn to Bluestreek and back. DOh! Fellas, he NEEDS it to finish measurements and OUR product....

He just got the cover back to take it to Mag's Bags to get the covers done for the rest of us. Jeez, Louise!

[SIZE=12pt]ATTN: Skyway[/SIZE]

No more lending prototypes. Tell them, "No. I'm sorry, but NO! there are too many others awaiting their finished product, you can wait, too."

Dang, drat, heck, fap and pshaw!

Evidently, Skyway lent his tank and cover to RenoJohn. That prototype has been going back and forth from RenoJohn to Bluestreek and back. DOh! Fellas, he NEEDS it to finish measurements and OUR product....He just got the cover back to take it to Mag's Bags to get the covers done for the rest of us. Jeez, Louise!

[SIZE=12pt]ATTN: Skyway[/SIZE]

No more lending prototypes. Tell them, "No. I'm sorry, but NO! there are too many others awaiting their finished product, you can wait, too."

Dang, drat, heck, fap and pshaw!

I have been trying to be patient with this also. But a little communication to let everybody know what is going on is VERY needed. And NOT BY TWO PARTY MEMBERS. I also am a business owner and I also have had jobs go south on me, but a little communication goes a looooonnnnngggggg way and WE HAVE NOT HAD IT with regard to this Vendor.

Like somebody who lives up north said, the riding season for me is over, so at this point if I get it that's fine. And I'm sure it will be a very well made product. But the communication does suck.

Do you know what the Cat said when it got its tail caught in the door ? "It won't be long now" . . . .There are many unforseen things that happen in life. I'm sure Skyway is not happy about the length of the project either. . . . :exhappysmiley:

[SIZE=12pt]This has become the farkle/group buy from hell.[/SIZE]

It isn't RenoJohn's fault. It isn't BlueStreek's fault. Only God knows....and he isn't telling.

Too many stories, too many innuendos. Only Ian knows the complete story and we wait. I'm betting it is on everyone's mind and Ian is overrun with a thousand other issues and problems, and we wait. Only "The Shadow" knows, and we wait. Everybody is hoping to be the first to post, "I got mine", and we wait.

:fingers drumming on table smiley:

C'mon Ian, I know you can get this finished and the parts sent. :yahoo:

We want to celebrate. We want to install our tanks. You can do it!

Status
Not open for further replies.