Smitty Comes to LA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I may well ride up for the ride down, kinda depends on the hangover as i just got back from dinner with Smitty and i had to drink his share.
R
Hangover?? Thats no way to represent. :D
I am fine. no hangover today.

Cant get get hold of TWN or jdog so not sure if they are coming down or not.

R

And rick i just got off the phone with Glen he said Hi.

Last edited by a moderator:
Malibu CA has some very tasty roads if you are looking for a ride.

A loop that I really enjoy doing (3.5 hours to do from Barry's house in Huntington Beach). You can see the roads by opening https://maps.google.com and typing in Malibu, CA (zoom in and you'll see Latigo Canyon Road somewhere to the left of the pin point off of PCH)

405 Freeway North

10 Freeway West

PCH (Highway 1) North

right turn onto Latigo Canyon Road (if you get to Kanan Dume Rd before seeing Latigo you've gone too far)

right turn onto Kanan Dume Road

right turn onto Mulholland Hwy

right turn onto Stunt Road

left turn on Saddle Peak Road

right turn onto Tuna Canyon Road and follow it back down to PCH

left turn onto PCH

10 Freeway East

405 Freeway South

This ride would make for some great video!

Hey i know those guys....lol got pleanty of picture myself will put them to a video or something in the next day or to and post it up. Glad to Meet you guys to day.... Very windy ride home though...

Jdog

Cheers Mates

DSCF0050.jpg

Jdog

Thanks, y'all! Smitty sure done a purty job! Top notch work! Thanks for the hospitality, Mr. Mrs. B. - that chili... 'scuze me... ahhhhhh!... ROCKED! ;)

Hey...where's the Smitty riding pics? Did he see anything of California besides the inside of that garage? :)
Actually not much no.

he did see the inside of a couple of mexican restaurants and last night i took him to a steakhouse where he had FISH and tonight he is at a rib joint where he will probably have curry.

I think he is ready to go back to hooterville, i know i am

R

Okay, big group hug for Smitty, all those who participated and made this happen. Everyone brought something to the table and shared. We hope to have Smitty return sometime in the not so distant future. He leaves tomorrow morning from LAX after 10 installs. I am ready to cruise.

Barry

Cheers Mates

DSCF0050.jpg

Jdog
Smitty, they got you doin' their laundry, too?!!! :(

Sumptin jez ain't rite with that crowd out dere :unsure:
Doing laundry AND holding a beer? A BEER? Smitty, you have been corrupted! Or did they just have you SERVING beers between farkles and folding sheets? :lol:
:blink: Ya, those cali boys are trying to corrupt Smitty....na, Smitty was handing the beer to somebody else...see, the bottle is still full. :unsure: :D :D

Okay, big group hug for Smitty, all those who participated and made this happen. Everyone brought something to the table and shared. We hope to have Smitty return sometime in the not so distant future. He leaves tomorrow morning from LAX after 10 installs. I am ready to cruise.
Barry
Here here (raising glass in the air). It was a pleasure getting to know you Smitty and talking to you during the install.

It's about time that you guys send his coon dog ass back so that he can do the Daytona Bike trip thing and start getting ready for the "Hooterville 400".

Not only that his dogs miss him. I think that his wife does too, not sure about that one. Its probably a whole lot more peaceful without him around, however, I'm sure that she misses the laundry service.

Chester

Smitty by the time you get home i should have a video ready ....Got about 1.2 way down last night i hope to hav it up and post by Monday Night our time....

Jdog

It's about time that you guys send his coon dog ass back so that he can do the Daytona Bike trip thing and start getting ready for the "Hooterville 400".
Not only that his dogs miss him. I think that his wife does too, not sure about that one. Its probably a whole lot more peaceful without him around, however, I'm sure that she misses the laundry service.

Chester
he his on his way to the airport right now.

R

Well I finally got to spend some time at home. seems like I have been at Barry's for months.

Here are some of the pictures that I took last week.

Firstly whats wrong with this picture

P1010534.jpg

Smitty arrived Wedensday afternoon and went right to work.

P1010531.jpg

This is kinda what we did all week just sit and watch Smitty do his thing(and we got very good at it)

P1010539.jpg

This is our fatnaked friend from Utah (who just happens to work with one of my good friends)

P1010551.jpg

When the cops showed up they didn't know which blue bike had been tearing up and down the road. :p

P1010558.jpg

More watching (jdog and the nut, Kaitsdad and 2006fjr)

P1010565.jpg

Jdog and the nut leaving

P1010569.jpg

P1010575.jpg

P1010581.jpg

Smitty got a pain in the back on Saturday so Aleve to the rescue

P1010566.jpg

Finally it is all over Well done Smitty high five from me.

P1010583.jpg

not sure if these will work but here is a couple of vids, this was when the cops came by to take a look.

Well guys I made it home. It was a great trip, but most of all a chance to meet some great people. Thanks Richard for putting this together and for the meals you paid for. I wan't to say thanks to Barry and his lovely bride Jean for the place to stay, some great meals (Barry grilled some of the best chicken I have eaten) and the friendship. Jean went over the top with lunch and more (the chili was great). She saved my life on Friday with cheese and crackers, and a apple. That was the day I went with out lunch, and she took very good care of me. Hope to do it again if posible, I really enjoyed coming out there. Next time I will make time to rent a bike and ride....

I want to thank everyone who had a install, and hope everyone is happy. Thanks it for now, going to take my bride out for dinner. Cheers Smitty