Smitty Comes to LA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First time I've seen Smitty with a beer in his hand. Man, he looks older.... must be the reason. <_<

Haven't received any post cards yet.... :angry2:

How come everybody has jackets on except Smitty? Oh, right.... Southern California.... :unsure:

Had fish at a steak house? Think nothing of it.... they have a whole room named in his honor at the Fish Place down home.

B)

Hey Fairlaner,

Is that Jdog’s bike (the blue one) in the first video with that marvelous sounding :yes: exhaust? Looked like his custom seat but wasn’t certain. Anyway, my compliments, really like the notes those pipes make.

Save me from doing a search, what brand of pipes are those “por favor”?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well guys I made it home. It was a great trip, but most of all a chance to meet some great people. Thanks Richard for putting this together and for the meals you paid for. I wan't to say thanks to Barry and his lovely bride Jean for the place to stay, some great meals (Barry grilled some of the best chicken I have eaten) and the friendship. Jean went over the top with lunch and more (the chili was great). She saved my life on Friday with cheese and crackers, and a apple. That was the day I went with out lunch, and she took very good care of me. Hope to do it again if posible, I really enjoyed coming out there. Next time I will make time to rent a bike and ride....
I want to thank to thank everyone who had a install, and hope everyone is happy. Thanks it for now, going to take my bride out for dinner. Cheers Smitty
Maybe I will get out to see you sometime soon

R

It was a good experience all around. I enjoyed meeting Smitty, even though I didn't have any work done on my bike.

Gotta do this again, because we only saw the first part of 'The Long Way Around'. As they say, the best is yet to come.

Jill

Richard,

Great video! I like the voice over part that says, "Who are these assholes!!" Too funny.

Hey Fairlaner,
Is that Jdog’s bike (the blue one) in the first video with that marvelous sounding :yes: exhaust? Looked like his custom seat but wasn’t certain. Anyway, my compliments, really like the notes those pipes make.

Save me from doing a search, what brand of pipes are those “por favor”?
The first video is me on my 05 and Jdog on an AE (belongs to 206fjr) the 2nd video is Jdog on my 05.

That is a full holeshot system.

R

Richard,
Great video! I like the voice over part that says, "Who are these assholes!!" Too funny.
that would be commentary by twowheelnut. :yahoo:

Richard

Richard,
I liked that bit too. Wonder what the neighbors thought? First there was one blue bike. Then one blue and one red. Then a constant parade of blue and silver bikes.

(Bet Andy brought the loudest one though).

Jill

Richard,
I liked that bit too. Wonder what the neighbors thought? First there was one blue bike. Then one blue and one red. Then a constant parade of blue and silver bikes.

Jill

I bleave that was potty mouth himself---TWN.... Who you calling asshole, :****:

Jdog

Video is done and uloaded waiting on youtube to release it for view..

That is a full holeshot system.
Thanks Fairlaner,

Very, very nice IMO!

Added to my wish list. May not have a set by WFO, since I’ve already got 4 or 5 goodies on my must-have list between now and then, but they’re definitely on my wish list.

As a Smitty-Abuser, I wish to make amends. I feel guilty that Smitty did nothing but work his fingers to soreness for us incompetent dumb ass folks who have little mechanical skills. So, Mr. Smitty, if you are ever back in CA, you are welcome to stay, free of charge, no work expected, meals included (no Mexican food this time) at the Hondarosa. I will even show you all the great roads around the area and let you ride the FJR while I ride one of the other bikes. (But then again, I'd hate to pass you on the outside of a corner while riding my Harley! :rolleyes: . I'll even let you run the tractor and build some jumps for me.. UhOh, there I have you working again.. When done though, we could do some dirt bike stuff too. Seriously Smitty, you are one class dude. I wish you lived closer. dcarver.

As a Smitty-Abuser, I wish to make amends. I feel guilty that Smitty did nothing but work his fingers to soreness for us incompetent dumb ass folks who have little mechanical skills. So, Mr. Smitty, if you are ever back in CA, you are welcome to stay, free of charge, no work expected, meals included (no Mexican food this time) at the Hondarosa. I will even show you all the great roads around the area and let you ride the FJR while I ride one of the other bikes. (But then again, I'd hate to pass you on the outside of a corner while riding my Harley! :rolleyes: . I'll even let you run the tractor and build some jumps for me.. UhOh, there I have you working again.. When done though, we could do some dirt bike stuff too. Seriously Smitty, you are one class dude. I wish you lived closer. dcarver.
+100 :clapping:

Well guys I made it home. It was a great trip, but most of all a chance to meet some great people. Thanks Richard for putting this together and for the meals you paid for. I wan't to say thanks to Barry and his lovely bride Jean for the place to stay, some great meals (Barry grilled some of the best chicken I have eaten) and the friendship. Jean went over the top with lunch and more (the chili was great). She saved my life on Friday with cheese and crackers, and a apple. That was the day I went with out lunch, and she took very good care of me. Hope to do it again if posible, I really enjoyed coming out there. Next time I will make time to rent a bike and ride....
I want to thank to thank everyone who had a install, and hope everyone is happy. Thanks it for now, going to take my bride out for dinner. Cheers Smitty

R
BBG, anyone? :)

Richard,

Jill

Jdog

Yep, 'twas me a-cussin' you two boneheads! Drag racing down a public street... What's wrong with you? More importantly, why'd you let Fairlaner win?! :****:

R

Richard,

Jill

Jdog

Yep, 'twas me a-cussin' you two boneheads! Drag racing down a public street... What's wrong with you? More importantly, why'd you let Fairlaner win?! :****:

Cause i was on the that dam AE kept grabbing for de clutch ...DOooooo. No clutch.. to confusing to me

R

Richard,

Jill

Jdog

Cause i was on the that dam AE kept grabbing for de clutch ...DOooooo. No clutch.. to confusing to me
excuses excuses. :crazy:

My early Friday AM ride started after an all night rain leaving the roads wet, the air crisp, some patchy fog and snow in the local low-lying mountains. This shot shows snow above Lake Cachuma (154 just east of 101).

Apparently, 154 used to be a stage coach route:

CruiseControlInstall011.jpg

..and then it was beat feet to Huntington Beach to see Smitty!

Smitty at work

The servo is mounted-

Hey, who stole my FI?

The second coolest dog in the whole world…

Rap, rap, rap, they call him the wrapper…

Tag, tag, tag, they call him the tagger!

It was a real treat to meet Mr. Smitty and ZzKenoman too. Barry was/is a great host and his wife is truly awesome for putting up with all the testosterone for several days. Thanks to Fairlaner for getting this project off the ground. I had a blast.

Then it was off to Morro Bay – pix posted on that thread.

Man, I look like the EATER. I am going on a diet!! All in all, it was a big win/win. Seems like this should be a yearly thing.

Hey, it was really good stopping by on Sunday and meeting youse guyz - specially Smitty, the CC king.

I wanted to stop by on Saturday and see Mr. DCarver and SilverPenguin - but alas, I had a Bday party for Kaitlyn - and SEVEN OF HER REALLY HYPER FRIENDS. (Every time I headed for the garage, my SO knew right where to find me. I simply could not hide.)

So - I got to meet Jdog, 2006FJR, and Smitty, and I got to see Fairlaner, Barabus, and that TWNut guy again. All good peeps.

And a really killer bowl of chili - complements of Jean, the better half of Barabus. (Barry, hope I spelled Jean's name right!) It had these killer chunks of jalapeno in it. NICE !! oh yeah - the corn bread muffins right out of the oven were really tasty !!

And I gotta tell ya, Smitty has lots of patience. There he is trying to work, and all of these miscreants are gathering round the bike a pointin' and a lookin', a gettin in the way. And not ONCE did I see him test the heat output of his soldering iron on someone's forearm........ although I imagine he thought it. A true Gentleman.