Smitty Comes to LA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DANG! :angry2: Wish I could have made it down there! :dribble: I've been wanting to install the CC unit and coulda' had Smitty do it... but I had a full work schedule and it just wasn't going to happen.

DC getting the under tank install like I want on my A. <_< Hope someone is taking pictures. Don't want to hear about it if ya don't have pictures!!!

Sorry I missed ya Smitty, would have liked to say Hi in person. :drinks:

Rob

OK ill be down there on Sunday around noonish along with TWN. Yep im bring the video feeejr with me. Anyone down there can see it up close... Hope i can get some shots of Smitty work his ass off.Might make for a good video......

Jdog

Last edited by a moderator:
OK ill be down there on Sunday around noonish along with TWN. Yep im bring the video feeejr with me. Anyone down there can see it up close... Hope i can get some shots of Smitty work his ass off.Might make for a good video......Jdog
What I want to see is a video of Smitty wheeling along the freeway with you guys in hot pursuit! Come on - do it Smitty! :clapping: :clapping: :)

I'm ready to go for tomorrow morning! What time you waking up Smitty? 9am sound about right, or earlier?
Ali
9am it is, and you get to bring the starbucks.

mine is a tall hot chocolate.

Richard
You have a coffee maker? I'm sure i can dig up some starbucks coffee, but I don't have big gulp holders like bigfatnakedguy ;)

I'm ready to go for tomorrow morning! What time you waking up Smitty? 9am sound about right, or earlier?
Ali
9am it is, and you get to bring the starbucks.

mine is a tall hot chocolate.

Richard
You have a coffee maker? I'm sure i can dig up some starbucks coffee, but I don't have big gulp holders like bigfatnakedguy ;)
He used a big box was kinda cool.

R

OK ill be down there on Sunday around noonish along with TWN. Yep im bring the video feeejr with me. Anyone down there can see it up close... Hope i can get some shots of Smitty work his ass off.Might make for a good video......
Jdog
If you guys show at 12 we could go for a ride (ortega maybe) while smitty works :unsure:

TWN's appointment is scheduled for 3 so that would give us some time.

R

Richard,

I just looked it up, it's about 15 minutes away from me and it looks like there is a starbucks a couple of blocks away...i guess I could go for a walk.

See you at 9!

Ali

Jdog

If you guys show at 12 we could go for a ride (ortega maybe) while smitty works :unsure:

R

Ortega is under repairs for the next 3 years now. We got a ride in last weekend before they got started. See you tomorrow (Sun) at 9am and I will be a little early.

Trent

TWN & I are leaving Sunday from Ventura (Jack in the box on Victoria & 101) at 9:00am anyone want to join the ride down. Yeppers the cameras will be rolling.

Scotts071.jpg

See ya all over there.

Jdog

Jdog
Where is "there"? I might be able to make this with my GF. I know some are leaving from Ventura around 9:00 a.m. but we can't make that time.

Any other stops/locations to possibly hook up?

(Admittedly I've only read the last couple of pages so the info might be elsewhere in this thread... sorry.)

Jdog
Where is "there"? I might be able to make this with my GF. I know some are leaving from Ventura around 9:00 a.m. but we can't make that time.

(Admittedly I've only read the last couple of pages so the info might be elsewhere in this thread... sorry.)
There, it would be that way, but not close to here..mmmmm did you get that...na me either.. I wish i could tell you but i dont know im following TWN.

I can say it somewhere in Hunington Beach area...may be some one will get on here and post and address????

Jdog

Hope you guys are takin' care of ol' Smitty and not just workin' him to death. :huh:

He's a workaholic - so make sure someone hooks him up with a bike and allows a little "seat time" and gives him a taste of the local twisty roads... :clapping: :clapping: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Hope you guys are takin' care of ol' Smitty and not just workin' him to death. :huh:
He's a workaholic - so make sure someone hooks him up with a bike and allows a little "seat time" and gives him a taste of the local twisty roads... :clapping: :clapping: :yahoo: :yahoo:
Smitty is the man! :clapping: And he wasn't kidding about the AE type install being a bigger pain...but well worth it :)

I offered up my bike, but he was too busy working :| I don't think he even got to eat lunch today :unsure:

Thanks Smitty! :)

And to Richard for getting this setup.

And to Barry and his wife for hosting the shindig :)

Jdog

There, it would be that way, but not close to here..mmmmm did you get that...na me either.. I wish i could tell you but i dont know im following TWN.

I can say it somewhere in Hunington Beach area...may be some one will get on here and post and address????

Jdog
We are hoping to get a ride in tomorrow from there to we dont know where yet but somewhere.

Richard

Don't forget my nekkid dancing chicks! I know you drank all the booze last night, so that's out - those broads better be there!

TWN & I are leaving Sunday from Ventura (Jack in the box on Victoria & 101) at 9:00am anyone want to join the ride down. Yeppers the cameras will be rolling.
Scotts071.jpg

See ya all over there.

Jdog
I may well ride up for the ride down, kinda depends on the hangover as i just got back from dinner with Smitty and i had to drink his share.

R

Scotts071.jpg

See ya all over there.

Jdog
I may well ride up for the ride down, kinda depends on the hangover as i just got back from dinner with Smitty and i had to drink his share.

R
Smitty has my bike apart and is drilling a hole in the tank now. I will have some photo's to share later tonight. Nice clean work and now I can say that I have met Smitty and he is as cool sa everyone says he is.... :yahoo:

PS Smitty says hi and he will be home soon. :clapping: