Smoked an obnoxious HD this morning

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, some people need to lightenup.its his god given right to remind someone that what they ride is an overly priced,underengineered,overwieght,excessively loud, slow,hardly motorcycle. :ph34r: :yahoo:

Nice work!! I wish someone could explain the logic of riding something that is so freakin loud?
Famous quote: " If I had to try and explain it to you,....].

That, and, ride to live.

Actually, Spider could probably explain it to you. Do you have a few extra hours to kill?

I live in the biker trash capitol of northern California, lovely Rio Linda. All you Sacramento area folks know what I'm talking about. I live just off Rio Linda Blvd and it seems like every other vehicle going by is a HD with open pipes and hammered down. God how I've come to hate those people :angry:
Anyway, there's guy who often hits the stop light with me in the morning. He rides a massive hog with open pipes, the most obnoxious SOB you can imagine. He has riding habits to match. Loves to pass with the throttle wide open and doesn't mind making everybody else on the road swerve to avoid crashing.

So I see his fat ass in the mirror this morning coming up fast and I say to myself not today a**hole! About the time he comes abreast and my teeth are starting to rattle from his lous ass pipes, I downshift and hammer down. Front wheel comes up a couple of inches and he's a speck in the mirror stuck behind the 3 trucks I passed in a heartbeat.

I turned left up the road a bit and he went by as I was waiting and I swear he sounded humbled. At least he wasn't wide open anyway. God that felt good :D
Do it all the time on my Burgman 650 scooter. Auto trans - 630 cc and all. No sweat. Syonara motoscooter! Baggers of the HD type are slow.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll defend Mr. Evil on this... I've done it. No, it's not a challenge to "smoke" a Harley... but it's fun, so who cares? This past Friday, a group of about 8 Harleys, seemed to want to keep me behind them... 110 mph later they're in the rear view. At least I waved after I passed. :p
How many fingers did they wave back with? :)

Hmmmm,
Spanking a Harley, that is like taking candy from a baby!!!

Todd
Well in this case it was more like spanking a bratty little kid who desperately needed it. Even though doing it presents no physical challenge it's still very satisfying. That guy is a poster boy for rude biker trash. :thumbsdownsmileyanim:

You can't tell me you beat
20761087.jpg

Why, it's the pic that forms in my mind when I hear the word Performance

Oh, and a fine howdy do to The Queen of the RV World, Mr jadoca. . Tidy, hard hitting, smart. Whoa. Hook the faucet up to the wrong tank there, Mr Camping World?

Last edited by a moderator: