SMOKIN DEAL !!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HIGHLANDER

naewittyshitepostedeere
Reaction score
So thanks to Lee for the heads up about the 2006 on the BARF board, I'm now the owner of two FJRS ! :yahoo:

I don't know if the HD dealer did not know how rare a bike he had, or maybe didn't want FJR horsepower bleeding all over his showrom floor.... who cares... but I stole a 2006A, with 2800 miles for $9600!! :clapping: :clapping:

How's that song go " I'm a happy boy, happy boy

I'm a happy boy, happy boy

Don't you love when things are going you way

HEY, HEY "

Money's transfered and I pick it up tomorrow. B)

Comes with a $900 Corbin set up, headlight covers, fatty grips, jumbo bar-ends, tankslapper kit, Sliders, refective kit on the bags and throttle lock. :D

I feel like a freekin newbie again !! :p

2856628-mvc-058s.jpg

2856629-mvc-059s.jpg

2856631-mvc-060s.jpg

Looks like I'll be busy this weekend stripping down the 04 !!! :D

Excellent deal Highlander!! Congrats! She's a beauty - I can't hardly see the bike through all those sparkles in the first shot.

I'm sure by talking to the right people we could make you a newbie again Dave :lol: :yahoo: ....oh ya congratulations on the new toy....

Dang! Wow! You got it from a “stealer” at that price. Congrats!

Even looks like that rider seat has a built in backrest.

Congrats on a great deal, bastage! :D

Personally, I'm stunned here. I'd like to hear from the original owner of this FJR. :eek:

Must be one of those more money than time remaining on this Earth to spend it types. Maybe his original purchase went like this:

Buyer: Gimme this bike and gimme the works!

Dealer: Yes Sir!

Several thousand tacked-on dollars worth of farkles later, he's off, only to decide a month or so later, nah, gonna try me one o' them Harleys instead.

I wonder if he traded the Harley in yet?

Several thousand tacked-on dollars worth of farkles later, he's off, only to decide a month or so later, nah, gonna try me one o' them Harleys instead.
Exactly what I was thinking!

Dave, congratulations on the new ride. I'm glad you're the one who scored the bike. So this will be a farkle weekend at the Highlander Estate! Aaaannnndddd, you'll be riding the "new blue" to San Mateo on the 16th?!?!?!? They say, "Once you've gone blue....you'll never go back."

Nice!

Is that an upgraded bug catcher? Looks big....

Enjoy your prize!

Yep, the PO took a major hit, probably around 7k in Cali, plus all the farkles ! :blink:

PO wanted " something more upright with bigger bags " per the sales guy.

Overheard thes nuggets on the sales floor while I waited.........

" Harley is setting the industry standard for reliability "

" They've redesigned these and they're making a ton of horsepower "

" These have leading edge technology "

I kid ya not, but hey.. if the buyers believe it more power to 'em.

No more HD bashing for me.. I love Harley dealers !! :D

Is that an upgraded bug catcher? Looks big....
It looks like a CeeBaileys +4 ht w/o flip. That'll be replaced with the "Highlander Shorty". Though it might be nice in the Winter. :rolleyes:

Could be.. not sure how the stocker looks on an 06.

Nurse.....Sawzall please .... :D

Crap! I no longer have the biggest (windscreen) in the bunch!

Wait a minute! Mine has the flip. I know the ladies LOVE dat flip.

Nurse, shield wax please.

:p

As this thread slowly spirals its way down the bowel.... :lol: .....gotta love it..... :lol: .... :eek: ....

Wow, nice find!

Changed my perspective on the one I found with 2k miles and a yammie trunk on it for $12k O.T.D.!

Highlander, will you come to Florida and help me shop? :)

Wow, nice find!Changed my perspective on the one I found with 2k miles and a yammie trunk on it for $12k O.T.D.!

Sorry Leelover, I heard there's no twisties there ! :D

Oh another thing....it has virgin peg feelers and chicken strips an inch wide ! :D

Wow, nice find!

Changed my perspective on the one I found with 2k miles and a yammie trunk on it for $12k O.T.D.!

Sorry Leelover, I heard there's no twisties there ! :D

Oh another thing....it has virgin peg feelers and chicken strips an inch wide ! :D
Yes you are correct about the twistie deficientcy :(

Congrats on the smokin' deal!

Compared to you, I didn't get a great deal on my '06A, but I have no regrets paying what I did for it!

I love this bike!

Last edited by a moderator: