So, I Ran Out of Gas...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was in Maupin, OR last friday night and realized that no gas stations were open after 8pm or before 8am. Oops - I had just gone on reserve. I'm comfortable going 50 miles into reserve (but not much more because I've experienced sputtering), but the closest gas station that was open all night was 55 miles away, so our planned early departure was delayed so we could go 8 miles out of the way to a station that opened at 7am.

It's interesting that in the few gas stops in OR between Boise, ID and Hwy 97 heading into WA, not once did anyone even hand me a hose. I ran my card at the pump and pumped my own fuel. I figured with the pump jockey rule that there wouldn't be any pumps available 24/7 when the store was closed but sounds like they may have lightened up about the rules a little.

Just be glad we have 6.6 gallons to deal with vs. 5.8 gallons on the Kawasaki C-14. This was one of the feature eliminators for me (there were others).

Dan

Well, at least we know what the usable capacity of the FJR is.
punk.gif

This thread reminds me, I need to get my 9g tank repainted and mounted.

Gallons to fill: 6.528.

Again - the useable capacity of my Gen 1 was 6.6x. My current Gen 3, not more than 6.3. I can't say if that is a universal Gen 3 thing, but it is reliable data on my own bike. 0.3 gallon doesn't seem like much, but if I am babying the throttle at 50 mph, it might be 10-15 miles worth. That's eliminating a lot of walking....