Speed

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going these kinds of speeds on public roads is just plain stupid.
Some of us haven't specified where we've ridden at these speeds. Also consider that there are public roads that are straight, flat and deserted with a clear view to the horizon, where the risk of anything going wrong is probably similar to the risk of sustaining serious injury on a toilet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of us haven't specified where we've ridden at these speeds. Also consider that there are public roads that are straight, flat and deserted with a clear view to the horizon, where the risk of anything going wrong is probably similar to the risk of sustaining serious injury on a toilet.

Have to agree Jeff. I-69 between Imlay city and Port Huron is a pretty good stretch.. ;)

:jester:

Have to agree Jeff. I-69 between Imlay city and Port Huron is a pretty good stretch.. ;)

This revelation really shocked RadioHowie and I, Bust! We figured the only thing you raced was gerbils up your butt, Ya Jackass!

This revelation really shocked RadioHowie and I, Bust! We figured the only thing you raced was gerbils up your butt, Ya Jackass!

BWAH!!!

ready-to-roll-gerbil.jpg

. . . . . risk of sustaining serious injury on a toilet.
Have ya ever dropped the seat on yer balls, while sitting??!!!??!?!
No, but I have SAT on my balls, while sitting. Age and gravity make ugly bedfellows. <_<
Speaking of nut sacks, beds, saggy balls and being an Old Feck (which I am!), don't you hate it when you roll over in bed at night and it takes "The Boys" 10 minutes to catch up with "Big Don"! Or "Big RadioHowie"! Or "Big wfooshee"!

Last edited by a moderator:
No, but I have SAT on my balls, while sitting. Age and gravity make ugly bedfellows. <_<
Speaking of nut sacks, beds, saggy balls and being an Old Feck (which I am!), don't you hate it when you roll over in bed at night and it takes "The Boys" 10 minutes to catch up with "Big Don"! Or "Big RadioHowie"! Or "Big wfooshee"!
In my case, not a problem.....haven't slept in a bed since 2001. :dribble: :dribble:

After undergoing a shitload of surgeries, I can't lie down flat, so I sleep reclined in a La-Z-Boy. Have done so for 9 years.

All that being said, getting your boys caught in the recliner mechanism is a bitch! :blink: :ph34r: :blink:

In my case, not a problem.....haven't slept in a bed since 2001. :dribble: :dribble:

After undergoing a shitload of surgeries, I can't lie down flat, so I sleep reclined in a La-Z-Boy. Have done so for 9 years.

All that being said, getting your boys caught in the recliner mechanism is a bitch! :blink: :ph34r: :blink:

Gawd you Lady's whine too much..... What would ya do without the gemstones?

Sit to pee?

peace an love,

That day when i reach 265 kph was when no wind was heavy at all, nice long open strait line. I will go & buy a Bike cam! Then i will upload a video here to show you! maybe that will help a bit, :rolleyes:
Cheers

Dewaldt
My GPS says my top speed is 345 MPH. (thank you Garmin) That is my story and I'm sticking to it. :yahoo: .

doctorj

That day when i reach 265 kph was when no wind was heavy at all, nice long open strait line. I will go & buy a Bike cam! Then i will upload a video here to show you! maybe that will help a bit, :rolleyes:
Cheers

Dewaldt
My GPS says my top speed is 345 MPH. (thank you Garmin) That is my story and I'm sticking to it. :yahoo: .

doctorj

DROP THE BOTTLE AN' STEP AWAY FROM THE PIPE!!

Doctor J... yer under arrest!

gonna happen ya keep this kinda shit up..

I suppose you are old enough to make your own choices. I prefer to live...and stay out of jail.

Yeah, I'm a sissy.

Going these kinds of speeds on public roads is just plain stupid....

You can do your own math...or maybe you can't. I suppose if you're stupid enough to go 155mph on public roads...
What speeds, then, do you recommend for the FJR on public roads (for those who may not be plain stupid)? :unsure:
Somewhere south of 100 mph seems reasonable.

Motorcycles, by tradition, are made for speed -- some more than others.

By contradiction -- to not ride as fast as you can flies in the face of tradition. ;) :)

Reminds me of my friend who was a private pilot with an old 'warbird' -- whenever he went flying, his aged mother would remind him to: "Always fly low and slow." :eek:

Motorcycles, by tradition, are made for speed -- some more than others.By contradiction -- to not ride as fast as you can flies in the face of tradition. ;) :)

Reminds me of my friend who was a private pilot with an old 'warbird' -- whenever he went flying, his aged mother would remind him to: "Always fly low and slow." :eek:
Hmm, I wonder how you would explain Harleys then...

C'mon, you HAVE to admit I have a point there...no? :rolleyes: