Sport Touring at It's Finest - North

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy

Reaction score
Last year, a group of 7 of us put together a mixed-brand sport touring event that was attended by approximately 80 riders. We're doing it again this year.... times 2. We're doing a north and a south version.

This post is for the north version.

As of now, the plans are to meet at 9:00 am at the Petro Truck Stop in Carlisle, PA on Sunday, August 17. For those that attended last year, as of now, the starting and ending spots are the same. There will be (at least) 5 self-guided routes laid out including a paved/unpaved route for the adventure-tourers. Russell Fleming is again leading the charge and there are 6 of us pulling participation for the various brands.

More details to follow, but, wanted to give a preliminary heads up so you can pencil it in on your calendars.

edit....more details as promised....

SPORT TOURING AT ITS FINEST

Sunday August 17, 2008

Meet for Breakfast at 9 am at the IRON SKILLET at the PETRO truck stop in Carlisle PA

1201 Harrisburg Pike, Carlisle PA

GPS Coordinates N 40-13.903 W 077-08.551

There will be 6 rides to choose from 150 to 200 miles long

All rides end at the Middlesex Diner in Carlisle PA

1 of the rides will be a mix of PAVED AND UNPAVED ROADS

Last edited by a moderator:
I went last year and had a great time. Hope to make it out again. Thanks for doing this again Randy.

Wrote it up with a Sharpie. (Bled through so do I get to go in September also???)

OK Randy, times quickly approaching.

how are things progressing for this road trip(s)?

OK Randy, times quickly approaching.
how are things progressing for this road trip(s)?
It's a go. Was at the restaurants this weekend to make sure things were all set up. Hope to see you then. Anyone has any comments/questions, lemme know.

For those unfamiliar with it, there is no registration, no fees, no nothing. Show up, eat breakfast if ya want. Head out at your own pace. Understanding there is nothing binding, who's thinking of coming?

Randy,

Do you know the major cross streets for the Petro Truck Stop?

I think the address is:

1201 Harrisburg Pike

Carlisle, PA 17013;but just wanted to confirm.

It's a go. Was at the restaurants this weekend to make sure things were all set up. Hope to see you then. Anyone has any comments/questions, lemme know.
For those unfamiliar with it, there is no registration, no fees, no nothing. Show up, eat breakfast if ya want. Head out at your own pace. Understanding there is nothing binding, who's thinking of coming?
I'll be there, rain or shine.

Randy,Do you know the major cross streets for the Petro Truck Stop?

I think the address is:

1201 Harrisburg Pike

Carlisle, PA 17013;but just wanted to confirm.
You are correct, sir. Original post has been updated with more details.