SWFOG 2009 Host Motel

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Badcat

Reaction score
We can get much better rates by forgoing the group rate and booking individually!

Ok gang, here is what Gregory and I have come up with.....you can get a reservation at the Courtyard by Marriot in Page for $125 + tax per night if you book now and pay the deposit. I believe there is a $139 rate that doesn't require a deposit.

DO NOT WAIT TOO LONG. Because we are not blocking out a group of rooms there is no guarantee that one will be available if you wait. I spoke to the reservations person and they have a large inventory of rooms right now. They could have a bus tour wipe that out in minutes.

The Courtyard is by far the best location for this event. I think this way of getting rooms will work fine.

I will open a topic on the forum for roommates. There are cheaper motels near by the host location.

Dates again are Sept 24 thru the 27th.

Courtyard By Marriot Page, AZ

Drop me a PM when you have your room.

Burk

Last edited by a moderator:
The Courtyard is by far the best location for this event.
Thanks Burk. We're trying to firm up our child-care arrangements, but will be booking soon. $125+tax seems like a descent rate for a nice hotel.

FWIW, we also looked at the Pageboy Motel (or something like that) which is .7 miles away and just up the hill, and they offer $69/night, but if I remember right, that's a damned steep hill to try and stumble up after a beer or three. :dribble: I'm pretty sure we'll book the Marriott. :D

Cheers,

Dave

Aaaaargh!! Phriggin Puter!! After tree attempts and what appeared to be no success I gave up & shut the damned thing off, figured I'd try again tonight, ...Sorry 'bout that!

...and thanks, thanks, thanks for the answer, answer, answer.

Badcat Burk: Many thanks to you for reviving and energizing SW-FOG. Thank you for letting me be your room mate and gratitude that you appointed me Day Rides Commander; I'll not disappoint anyone on our Southern Utah/No. Arizona rides!

Very happy to see that the Pinhead Colorado Clan will be there. I will be with the Southern California FJR Forum Group Wednesday night in Spokane and at Canadian FJR Rally for four days next weekend: I will beat the drum loudly for SW-FOG!

Geez if you have a govt/military ID, it's only $93/night!

And yeah, where's all my socali peeps?? Y'all better be comin to this! I predict Park City type fun.

And yeah, where's all my socali peeps?? Y'all better be comin to this! I predict Park City type fun.
Badcat: fjrchik has a good point. I've an Old, Old Farts Discount Card, I'll send you my AARP number via private message!

No worries fjrchik: I'll be wearing Fairlaner, Jorstin, MCML, dcarver, djbill and socali peeps like a dirty diaper about SW-FOG!

Made my reservation today. Got the Senior Marriott rate at $118 plus tax. Another benefit of being older than dirt. Senior rate requires no deposit and has a 24 hour cancellation.

Looking foreword to this. Weather should be great in Sept/Oct.

Bruce

Made my reservation today. Got the Senior Marriott rate at $118 plus tax. Another benefit of being older than dirt. Senior rate requires no deposit and has a 24 hour cancellation.Looking foreword to this. Weather should be great in Sept/Oct.

Bruce

That's good news Bruce...looking forward to seeing you again.

Burk

+1

Looking forward to seeing you again Bruce,

Greg

Very good to know! I'll be at work tomorrow and see if I can get the time off... good rate and my VA employee ID might finally be worth something! Hope I can go.