SWFOG 2009 Host Motel

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Badcat Burk: Many thanks to you for reviving and energizing SW-FOG. Thank you for letting me be your room mate and gratitude that you appointed me Day Rides Commander; I'll not disappoint anyone on our Southern Utah/No. Arizona rides!
Very happy to see that the Pinhead Colorado Clan will be there. I will be with the Southern California FJR Forum Group Wednesday night in Spokane and at Canadian FJR Rally for four days next weekend: I will beat the drum loudly for SW-FOG!

Geez if you have a govt/military ID, it's only $93/night!
And yeah, where's all my socali peeps?? Y'all better be comin to this! I predict Park City type fun.

Sounds like a lot of fun. Once I get my FJR I'll see if they still have rooms left.
Mike

Geez if you have a govt/military ID, it's only $93/night!
And yeah, where's all my socali peeps?? Y'all better be comin to this! I predict Park City type fun.
Very good to know! I'll be at work tomorrow and see if I can get the time off... good rate and my VA employee ID might finally be worth something! Hope I can go.
I just called and changed my reservation to reflect that I am a Guvment employee. They honered the $93 so I saved a whopping 108.22! Thanks Uncle Sam and FJRChick for finding this discount!

Greg

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome, I'm glad that helps you guys out! I still need to book our room yet but I'm glad I haven't cause I just found out that putting it on a different card that I was gonna use originally is gonna save us 5%! Any little bit helps!

Robert and I are now booked at the Courtyard. Looks like a 10 day trip for me. Can't friggin wait! :yahoo: I'm finally gonna get to see everything I didn't get to see because Park City was too far north and Golden was too far east! And hopefully Sedona too before I leave AZ after Page.

Burk,

My room reservation is confirmed at the Marriott. Can't wait for the opportunity to escape this Havasu heat. Sounds like their room availability is rapidly disappearing.

Big-D (Dan)

It will be a pleasure to meet you.

This may not be the biggest rally in FJR forum history but it will be a good one!

I checked today and the $125 per night rate is still available at the Courtyard. It appears AAA members can get that rate without putting a deposit and then there is the government employee/military rate plus the senior rate.

Here is the list of the folks who have told me they have a room at the Courtyard or are coming for sure:

[SIZE=12pt]BigD[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Fjrchik [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Rockiesrider [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]08Missile [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Beemerdons [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Longrider [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Joe [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Gregory[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Pinhead[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]BadCat [/SIZE]

Eeksnake

Mr and Mrs Silver Penguin

Old Michael

Guy on a Victory

[SIZE=10pt]This is a great start. I will be posting information on a Saturday evening banquet soon and Beemerdons is working hard on some really good rides for us. [/SIZE]

The assignment for the rest of you is get a friend to join us in Page, AZ!! Remember an FJR is not manditory.

Just got off an extremely long phone call with Marriott, and learned that there are no rooms available for those dates now. I would have thought that they would know in seconds, but it took forever to find that out.

Just got off an extremely long phone call with Marriott, and learned that there are no rooms available for those dates now. I would have thought that they would know in seconds, but it took forever to find that out.

That's strange. There are still rooms available online.....

Short version = Mr and Mrs Silver Penguin are booked in, for three nights for SWFOG 2009.

Long version = Got suckered into a timeshare deal during our recent trip to Sedona. One of the big selling points of the deal was the availability of a personalized travel consultant who could assist with booking needs, from the road, if needed. He/she would find us the best deal on the nicest place. We actually used the service before we set off home, and stayed in a very nice resort, for the same price as the flea pit we found, on the way out.

OK, so we'll use this service to get a killer deal on a room for SWFOG. Called several numbers, to find the magic person and got transfered around and around. One call told us to use the website, then hung up. So much for personalized service! Another call got us to a desk at Marriot. The lady tried hard, but struggled to help us. I'd asked her for Fri/Sat night. No rooms available. I could try calling a special help-line. Did I have a pen handy? Would you believe 1-800-Marriot?

Very ticked off, I posted the sad news. Then after a while, got calmed down enough to navigate the timeshare website. That required a phone call to get access but I got in there eventually. I even found the hotel I was looking for, with the dates available. The exclusive discounted special gold star price.......$139 per night.

So, we're booked just like most everyone else, via our AAA membership. Not eligible for the gubmint rate.

I trust that all this frustration will have been well worth it, when we arrive in Arizona.

Short version = Mr and Mrs Silver Penguin are booked in, for three nights for SWFOG 2009.

Long version = Got suckered into a timeshare deal during our recent trip to Sedona. One of the big selling points of the deal was the availability of a personalized travel consultant who could assist with booking needs, from the road, if needed. He/she would find us the best deal on the nicest place. We actually used the service before we set off home, and stayed in a very nice resort, for the same price as the flea pit we found, on the way out.

OK, so we'll use this service to get a killer deal on a room for SWFOG. Called several numbers, to find the magic person and got transfered around and around. One call told us to use the website, then hung up. So much for personalized service! Another call got us to a desk at Marriot. The lady tried hard, but struggled to help us. I'd asked her for Fri/Sat night. No rooms available. I could try calling a special help-line. Did I have a pen handy? Would you believe 1-800-Marriot?

Very ticked off, I posted the sad news. Then after a while, got calmed down enough to navigate the timeshare website. That required a phone call to get access but I got in there eventually. I even found the hotel I was looking for, with the dates available. The exclusive discounted special gold star price.......$139 per night.

So, we're booked just like most everyone else, via our AAA membership. Not eligible for the gubmint rate.

I trust that all this frustration will have been well worth it, when we arrive in Arizona.

Goodness what an ordeal! I will try my best to make this trip a great one.

I look forward to meeting you!

Burk

Burk
It sure was a PITA but we're looking forward to the trip now and it's going to be a great one. The hotel reviews are not the best, but the company will make up for that. Besides, I needed a good excuse for a trip on my FJR instead of the BMW!

Burk
It sure was a PITA but we're looking forward to the trip now and it's going to be a great one. The hotel reviews are not the best, but the company will make up for that. Besides, I needed a good excuse for a trip on my FJR instead of the BMW!

I visited the property and it looked very nice. Wasn't there long enough to try the restaurant or services so that's an unknown. See you in Page.

Burk

The lady tried hard, but struggled to help us.
Prolly cuz y'all tawk funny.

:D

Reservation made. If I have to cancel for work, so be it, ...but I really hope to make this shindig.

I hope there won't be any swearin' or drinkin'. ;)

I was hoping to name you Chairman of the Swearin' and Drinkin' committee. Oh well....see you in Page!

Burk

My Victory friend is Peggy, no handle. If her husband can get off

he will come also, but that doesn't look good.

Joe

Reservation made. If I have to cancel for work, so be it, ...but I really hope to make this shindig.I hope there won't be any swearin' or drinkin'. ;)
Oh all right, I'll try to behave. ;)

Glad your gonna be there OM!

I am going. I have reservations at Marriot thursday and friday. Looking foward to meeting people and riding. The dude from Havasu can be in contact with me if you want to ride together to Powell.

Here is the updated list of suspects as of 7-11-2009. These folks have a room at the Marriott or have a room and have said they are coming for sure. Be sure and see the ride info Beemerdons has posted for SWFOG 2009.

[SIZE=12pt][/SIZE]

BigD

[SIZE=12pt]Fjrchik [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Rockiesrider [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]08Missile [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Beemerdons [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Longrider [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Joe [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Gregory[/SIZE]

Peggy

[SIZE=12pt]Pinhead[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]BadCat [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Eeksnake[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] [/SIZE]

Mr and Mrs Silver Penguin

Old Michael

Blueman

WetDog

[SIZE=14pt]Marcusorelius & Duke[/SIZE]

At last check the AAA, Senior, gov't and military rates are still available along with the lower rate with a deposit. Courtyard by Mariott Page, AZ web site.