SWFOG 2009 Host Motel

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BIG D,

Get in contact with me dude can maybe ride together from Havasu. And get together with the guy in Kingman. I am not quite sure if. I am leavings Thursday or Friday yet. Looking foward to cooler weather. God its Fn hot here right now!

Anyone else gonna join us in Page?? Hope so! B)

By far, one of the most scenic areas in the country. It's been on my list for a long time to see. Should be a great place for a rally!

Last edited by a moderator:
By far, one of the most scenic areas in the country. It's been on my list for a long time to see. Should be a great place for a rally!
I'm interested,but a little hesitant. Gettin to be time that I make a decision, I suppose.

Mike

A bike ride. A beautiful part of the country. Some cool people (and a biker dog) to hang out with. Margaritas in/around the pool. Then another bike ride next day. What's not to like?

Can't believe there aren't more Californians making this.I'm very disappointed in them. :(
Just found this. Has potential to sway me into saying 'Maybe'!

I've been wanting to go to Monument Valley, but this may fit.

Work, and life in general, has been pretty intense of late. A break may be in order.

The wife and I will be in touch.

Can't believe there aren't more Californians making this.I'm very disappointed in them. :(
OM, I also am very disappointed that we Zonies are not getting more Los Californios attending. We're getting many Texans and others from East of Arizona arriving. It seems a natural for FJR riders who only live 5-6 hours and 300-400 miles away!

Can't believe there aren't more Californians making this.
Just found this. Has potential to sway me into saying 'Maybe'!
Wendell, it would be treat to see you and Hit the Road Jill there.

OM, I also am very disappointed that we Zonies are not getting more Los Californios attending. We're getting many Texans and others from East of Arizona arriving. It seems a natural for FJR riders who only live 5-6 hours and 300-400 miles away!
Los Californios. I like that Don. Sounds......exotic. :blink:

I'm adopting this as a personal challenge, and will now set about recruiting.

Lord knows, it'll be a struggle, as my FJR "locals" are a hard-headed bunch.

(Would you be willing to sneak 6 or 8 sleeping bags and riders into your room beemerdons?)

No Problems, Old Michael; what happens in Page, stays in Page! If the price of rooms at Courtyard by Marriott is keeping anone away due to some budget crunches: There are still rooms at the Motel 6 where Marcusorelius and Duke are staying.

This from Marty Berke's Motorcycle Journeys Through The Southwest -

"Page, begun as a construction camp for Glen Canyon Dam, is the gateway to Lake Powell.

Sitting on Manson Mesa, it has a perfect view of the lake. Lake Powell's Wahweap Marina and Campground

is a large National Recreation Area complex below Page, on the shores of the red rock,

blue water lake.

With the water at 75 degrees and days between 85 and 90 degrees during late

September, this is an excellent destination for a late gasp of summer's breath.

Swimming at the Coves is a unique experience. The flooding of Glen Canyon enables you to step off

30- and 40-foot cliffs into 500-foot deep waters."

Now THAT sounds like a good time.

(Hell, just the chance to push Eeksnake off one of those cliffs would make the trip worthwhile!

...and do Britbike salesmen float?)

Last edited by a moderator:
Geez if you have a govt/military ID, it's only $93/night!
And yeah, where's all my socali peeps?? Y'all better be comin to this! I predict Park City type fun.
Badcat: fjrchik has a good point. I've an Old, Old Farts Discount Card, I'll send you my AARP number via private message!

No worries fjrchik: I'll be wearing Fairlaner, Jorstin, MCML, dcarver, djbill and socali peeps like a dirty diaper about SW-FOG!
Nopeee's, I have to serve time to society and will be unavailable for fun and frolicking. BeemerDons will need to light and carry the party torch for Central Kali.

My sentiments exactly. Last rally of the year, you'd think many more would try to make it. I've been poking and prodding where I can and maybe have rustled up one more LA attendee but seems the recession is doin most in. Hey I'm broke too people and I'm still going!! :lol:

I have been out of town the last week for a funeral. I think I got all of my SWFOG PM's answered. If I missed one please send me a message back and I promise I will respond.

Thanks to all of you that are pimpin' SWFOG 2009. I am hoping for a few more to come along.

A reminder that I need payment by Friday August 28th if you are attending the dinner. PM me for payment options.

The rides Don has put together will be ones to remember, if you go. The people that will be there will be friends for a lifetime, if you meet them. The dinner on Saturday night you will pass in a day or two but it will be good. :rolleyes:

See you in Page!

Burk

Got my reservations at El Cheapo. I have a 500mi ride to get there. Coming up from southern New Mexico. Look forward to meeting you guys. Well.... at least most of you. :rolleyes:

DK

Got my reservations at El Cheapo. I have a 500mi ride to get there. Coming up from southern New Mexico. Look forward to meeting you guys. Well.... at least most of you. :rolleyes:
DK
Sounds great DK, glad that you are coming to SW-FOG. It'll be a great rally, with a smaller size for fun rides and partying!!!

Hello all,

I been watching the forums and seen a lot of discussion on room rates. The Marriott is very nice, but if you are looking to save some money, Page has motels in ever price range ($50-$200). This year has been slow due to the economy, some will give even better then advertised rates. The el cheapo places are fine if you just want a bed, but they don't compare the the some of the newer motel (such as the Marriott). I live here in Page, nothing is to far away, you can be anywhere in town in 2 minutes. Most of the bars and resturants are what we call "ON the Mesa", which means the whole town is build up on a big rock. The Mariott is just "OFF the Mesa". Or .2 down the hill. The walmart, the golf course and a few other places are OFF the mesa. Not really a big deal, everything is still 2 minutes away! If intoxicated add some stagger time, or better yet we do have a taxi service called anytime taxi. I've never used them, but sounds like a great way to avoid any chance of meeting the local law enforcement. BTW we have a shit load of COPS here. Page PD, Park Service, Navajo PD, Coconino County, State and probably more. For the most part they're great, but if they're bored and your screwing up, you may get to meet more then one department at one time. Watch your speed as you enter town and as you go over the dam. A motorcycle hit a tourist last year speeding on the dam and when the sign says 25 on the dam, they mean 25. :eek:

You all will love the area great rides all around and September weather is ussaully great for riding. :rolleyes:

Wetdog/Chuck

Thanks for the tips Chuck, I'm not sure my FJR will do only 25, but I guess I better try! I leave in one month and I can't friggin wait!