Tech Day (SoCal)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fairlaner

The Bartender Whisperer
Reaction score
On a recent ride with the lads (TWN, Barabus, Dumpy) the subject of a tech day was discussed this is the result.

I am gonna host a Tech day in my garage on April 12th.

The plan is if you want to attend you will need to have some input (skills)

We would like to install or assist in the following (some suggestions welcomed)

Throttle body Sync

Steering head repack

Rear Spline lube

Aux lights

Auto Com

PC111

Brakes (lines and Pads)

Maybe Tires (If Hal will bring his changer)

power strips

Fuse blocks

I also have several windshields for first Gens if you want to try a different one.

This list will probably change as I get input, Obviously you will all have to bring your own parts for install.

I have most of the tools we could need but if it requires something special and you have it you will need to bring it.

I know Tim has the streering head tool and Barry has the TBS tool.

i will have some soda's and water and will be cooking burgers later in the day.

There will be a limit in the number we can accommodate so speak up early.

These are the attendees as of 3/29

Richard

Tim (TWN)

Barry (Barabus)

John (John Dumke)

Ole (faster675)

Kelvin (i Forget)

Jill & Andy (Silver Penguin)

FjrBluesman (no name given)

Dan (ynotride)

John (Jordylad)

Jeff and Germaine (Jgod and Gdog)

Lanny (Santa Fe Dreamin)

Hal (kaitsdad)

Mark (Spridal) Another 08 to pull apart.

Bronce (Smitty) We all wish, but i did try

Who else?

Duff maybe? would be fun to pull an 08 apart

R

Last edited by a moderator:
Important note:

You must bring in all of your own supplies and consumables. Likewise, Richard's garage is not the local recycling center, so you'll have to carry all of your old stuff out.

Hey, Richard? Did you forget to mention the nekkid dancing girls or was that gonna be a surprise? :p

Important note:
You must bring in all of your own supplies and consumables. Likewise, Richard's garage is not the local recycling center, so you'll have to carry all of your old stuff out.

Hey, Richard? Did you forget to mention the nekkid dancing girls or was that gonna be a surprise? :p
Yes it was gonna be a surprise for Karen....... :yahoo:

R

Most of the small stuff we can trash no problem it will be the big stuff like tires that you take with you.

Great Idea Richard !

I've done all of the following:

Throttle body Sync

Rear Spline lube

PC111

Brake Pads

Definately interested in showing up .... and maybe getting a little help swapping out all of my brake + clutch lines !

I will bring the throttle body sync tool and eat a burger. If we can do a windshield auto retract disconnect then I would be happy. If it is too busy then that is ok too. BTW, I am busy on the 19th, but I can send the tool North if need be.

I will bring the throttle body sync tool and eat a burger. If we can do a windshield auto retract disconnect then I would be happy. If it is too busy then that is ok too. BTW, I am busy on the 19th, but I can send the tool North if need be.
Then it sounds like the 12th it is.

didn't you want to do the lights as well?

R

Then it sounds like the 12th it is.

didn't you want to do the lights as well?

R
Yeah, JD's hella ff50 plus brackets are nice. But it would take some serious lead time to get that and the brackets. Maybe I will send Gurard a PM. Anybody else interested in the hella lights?

Tim was checking on the brackets so lets see.

where do we find the lights?

Nevermind i got them on amazon.

R

For the lights here are the switches. These fit well in the 2nd gen left side fairing with minimal cutting.

FJR_FF50_switch_side_view.jpg

Where to order DPDT switch - Get two end bezels, one DPDT switch, and a blank cover plate.

Failaner;

I'd be interested in attending.

I've replaced the clucth and front brake lines with Galfer lines, and done the spline lube, along with other minor little ditties.

Failaner;I'd be interested in attending.

I've replaced the clucth and front brake lines with Galfer lines, and done the spline lube, along with other minor little ditties.
Good the more the merrier.

And Barry the grommets and sleeving we still have to get somewhere.

I need to talk to John and find out what size we need.

i was also thinking about rear end oil and that kinda stuff, I have a cycle Gear that is half a mile away so we will be good for all that kinda stuff.

List of attendees on first post

R

You have room for one more? I have an 08 and really do not need to do any work but I am willing to lend a hand if needed just to get some first hand experience working on the bike beyond the oil changes.

Thanks, Dan

Edit to include name, sorry about that

You have room for one more? I have an 08 and really do not need to do any work but I am willing to lend a hand if needed just to get some first hand experience working on the bike beyond the oil changes.
Thanks
Sure come on down.

R

I need a complete engine replacement. New unit ordered and drop shipped to FairLaners.

I'll be there ASAP - please have your wenches ready.. errr. wrenches.. :rolleyes: