The 2006 Wfo-5 Event

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Woodstock........good question, I was wondering if the organizers were going to negotiate a group rate for us - or leave us to our own devices. Maybe I'm jumping the gun here............but WFO4 was such fun, I'm ready for the next one already!

I was wondering the same thing 'bout the reservations...but I don't wanna reserve now and end up missing the boat on some great rate later on.

Warchild, I know we're forbidden from asking questions about this event, but would you recommend that we book now, or wait?

At thought about Reno for Warchild, and others:

FARKLING STATIONS

what if we could have a few 'stations' set up..with/without vendors...perhaps nicely stocked with tools and some 'staff' from either the sponsors, or maybe some 'volunteers'....

so..say I want to buy an Autocom or GPS rig ora PowerLet, or, or, or...Maybe at night, whoever needs help doing an 'install' of something could ask for volunteers (of course, liquid 'payment' options could prevail..).

Maybe nothing as hard core as tire/shock/brake line replacements (or maybe they COULD happen)..there's probably some insurance things to look at...

I know I sure would be more comfy farkling a few things if I had some seasoned 'experts' around to lend a hand, a tool, and some 'NO..don't take that off first' advice....

just a thought to ponder for the next 10 months....

At thought about Reno for Warchild, and others:
FARKLING STATIONS

what if we could have a few 'stations' set up..with/without vendors...perhaps nicely stocked with tools and some 'staff' from either the sponsors, or maybe some 'volunteers'....

so..say I want to buy an Autocom or GPS rig ora PowerLet, or, or, or...Maybe at night, whoever needs help doing an 'install' of something could ask for volunteers (of course, liquid 'payment' options could prevail..).

Maybe nothing as hard core as tire/shock/brake line replacements (or maybe they COULD happen)..there's probably some insurance things to look at...

I know I sure would be more comfy farkling a few things if I had some seasoned 'experts' around to lend a hand, a tool, and some 'NO..don't take that off first' advice....

just a thought to ponder for the next 10 months....
That'd rock. :clap:

My suggestion on reservations is that although they can always be cancelled at some later date prior to the event if you want to make them now... you're probably better off waiting till you get the go ahead from Dale...

The Farkling station idea is kinda neat.... along those same lines... how about getting someone like Rifle or Cee Baileys to come out and bring a whole bunch of the different shapes/sizes of their windshields... let you put down a deposit, and take a short testdrive to see if you like the airflow/turbulence????? You could narrow down to the size/shape you wanted without too much trouble... Bet the line to sign up would be out the door... That to me (the activity, not the waiting in line) would just kick royal ass.... and I'd bet they'd sell a bunch of windshields.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have people started to make reservations at the Hiton?
I would hold off making reservation for the moment..... the FJR National web site will be up in late September, and it will contain all the Reno Hilton info you'll need to take advantage of a killer Event Rate for your rooms.

Have people started to make reservations at the Hiton?
I would hold off making reservation for the moment..... the FJR National web site will be up in late September, and it will contain all the Reno Hilton info you'll need to take advantage of a killer Event Rate for your rooms.
Cool, thanks WC.

Sounds awesome. I'm sitting in New Jersey and it's 97 and humid as hell.

I'M IN! :D

Count me and the misses in! :D Just got back tonight from WFO...Someplace north of 5700 miles round trip. Even took in Sturgis on the return. What a scene, everyone should go once. Ride report coming shortly.

--G

Well my summer vacation for next year just was planned for me...Reno, huh...hmmm. Now if I can just avoid the tables. Rad, I will take plenty of pics for you. Sounds like a great opportunity to see Rocky Mountain NP, Canyonlands NP, Arches NP, Capitol Reef NP, Grand Staircase Escalante(Axealantae for the ebonic phoneticians in the group), Bryce Canyon NP and Zion NP along the way. It will have been 2 years since I was on a 4K+ trip so I will be well rested.

Better put in for vacation the week before and after. WC, perhaps a local dealer doing oil changes while we're there at the hotel??? Definitely going to need bike power for the MP3 player now, new rubber before I leave, an effective ECM platform. At least I have a year to get ready...

:blink:

Reguarding farkle stations, perhaps a dealer could be talked into providing 'On Site' oil and tire changes? Along with being able to show and sell goodies?

As far as the weather goes, its mid-afternoon and early evening when its the warmest.

A cool vest and cool tie, have worked well for me.

I also recommend a 'Camelback', hydration system.

Its quite nice to ride in that part of the world, I do it a couple of times a year, and love it!

It prolly ain'ta gonna madder much. Suthern Iddy-hoe en Eastern Orey-gone gets mighty warm, 'tsall high desert, don'tcha know. Why, heck, all-uh Nevaddie gits hotter'en ####! Best be-uh thinkin' bout ridin' in thuh early morn er thuh laight evenin'. Yuh might even cunsider buyin' 2 uh them thar kool-vest things soes yuh cud change'em often.

I have family in Fernley. I think i will make it to the shindig!

NOW, Who want's to trailer their FJR's out there? I live in Springfield,MO, And could get access to a 4 bike trailer. ANY TAKERS?

Thats a bit far for me to ride... But drive? I could make it for sure in record time!

Adam

Count me in.

I'll probably be doing an extended vacation in concert with the WFO, to get the best out of all of those miles.

Windshield testing ? GREAT idea !

Oil change ? I'll need one by the time I get there...

Inside FJR parking ? PRICELESS !

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Well, Nobody seems interested(except Rad) in the whole meet up and trailer out bikes out there. I guess i should just give it time.

Status
Not open for further replies.