The 2006 Wfo-5 Event

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers :guitar: :guitar: :guitar: last night (8/23) in Reno w/ GF, and on the way home, drove by the Hilton. Again mentioned '06 WFO to her, and she asked me if I'd made reservations yet. I explained and she cautioned: "that's right before Hot August Nights, and it's gonna be crazy, so you wanna get reservations as soon as possible." Just thought I'd mention a local's perspective.

Petty and the boys were outstanding, BTW -- always one of the best rock and roll shows anywhere.

:guitar: :guitar: :clap: :thumbup: :clap: :fans: :fans: :clap: :thumbup: :clap: :guitar: :guitar:

But you guys know that.

Last edited by a moderator:
(insert Tom Petty whaling) And I'm FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE....FREEEEEEEE Falling!! B)

(insert Tom Petty whaling) And I'm FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE....FREEEEEEEE Falling!! B)
I wanna glide down over Mulholland

I wanna write her name in the sky

Gonna free fall out into nothin'

Gonna leave this world for a while...

Yep, that was on the set list (as well as on my I-Pod for riding). TP just kills and has the audience (of early 20 somethings to 60 somethings) eating out of his hand and up dancing to almost every song. What a great band!

Most cannibis exhaust I've seen in a public venue in the last 20 years or so, too. I tried, but failed, to get a contact high off the two late 50 somethings right in front of us -- not sure how many those guys rolled for the concert, but they bogarted them all.

Sorry for the thread hijack.

Yep, that was on the set list (as well as on my I-Pod for riding). TP just kills and has the audience (of early 20 somethings to 60 somethings) eating out of his hand and up dancing to almost every song. What a great band!

Most cannibis exhaust I've seen in a public venue in the last 20 years or so, too. I tried, but failed, to get a contact high off the two late 50 somethings right in front of us -- not sure how many those guys rolled for the concert, but they bogarted them all.

Sorry for the thread hijack.
Petty rocks!

Into the great wide open,

Under them skies of blue

Out in the great wide open,

A rebel without a clue

This is one event I am planning on attending. Never been to Tahoe in the Summer but the skiing is always great. Should get things ironed out in time for RENO 2006.

WFO4 looked like a lot of fun.

BTW:

Last ride to Hyder, Alaska this weekend and looking forward to just couple more short rides (under 500K) before the snow flies but not looking good. Late summer would be good this year. Doing my swingarm/rear end this winter. That should be interesting.

Best trip this year - Prince Rupert to Eugene, Ore in 48 hours

Worst Trip - Rupert to Terrace Return (too many times!)

Another frozen northener here who will be attending. Sylvia and I have made the last two WFO's and wouldn't miss this one! Great work WC and team.

Sounds like a long way from Virginia, but after the blast I just had at EOM ---I'll be there; now to toughen up my butt...

So, at the risk of being labeled as impatient, are we any closer to seeing the FJR National Meet web site?

I'm just so darned excited 'bout the whole event, I can't wait for more info.

So, at the risk of being labeled as impatient, are we any closer to seeing the  FJR National Meet web site?
Yes.

I'm just so darned excited 'bout the whole event, I can't wait for more info.
Check your PMs, then.....
icon_twisted.gif

A little teaser from a recent recon. mission looking over the meal options. Imagine your motorcycle here.

20050927_004.jpg

i'll get to ride my new, cooler, '06 to the nevada heat...

i made hotel reservations when this was first posted, will they have a special room rate?

i made hotel reservations when this was first posted, will they have a special room rate?
Yes. I'd cancel them and await further instructions to get a special rate that rocks.

....Actually I'm curious what the standard rate is?

Yes, we do, so cancel that reservation. Basically, it will go like this:

Because of the growth of this event, the WFO rallymasters have concluded we need to charge a small nominal fee (a whopping 10 bucks) that will finance all the various sundry expenses associated with hosting an event of this magnitude. The rally fees goes towards expenses such as: parking decals, banquet wrist bracelets, ride maps, nametags, carpet protection for our indoor parking, etc.

So after you register to attend on the WFO-5 web site, you will be routed right over to PayPal where you can pay your $10 rally fee by PayPal account (if you have one). If you don't have a PayPal account, you can pay by credit card using their normal SSL secure server, just like you would for any internet credit card purchase. If neither of these appeal to you, you can even pay by snail-mail. HMarc Lewis is handling the rally fee collections.

HOWEVER..... do note....

Only when HMarc Lewis receives your rally fee receipt will he send you an email with your personal Reno Hilton reservation code, and the special phone number to call (which is NOT the normal Hilton reservation desk). You will NEED this reservation code in order to obtain the WFO-5 Group Discount rate for the Reno Hilton.

I anticipate releasing the WFO-5 web site next week... it's in testing right now....

I'm looking foward to this. Anybody interested in a group ride for the East coasters

It could start way east and get bigger as we head west. I would join in Colorado.

I'll join the group in CO also, sounds good. It's on the way for me from NE. ;)

Taking Skooter's idea,

I think I might join a group going through WI, MN, ND, MT & ID to come down into NV from the north -

as opposed to going through Utah and NV desert durung the day. :blink: :blink:

Though it will be fun guys, no matter which way you go....

Taking Skooter's idea,
I think I might join a group going through WI, MN, ND, MT & ID to come down into NV from the north -

as opposed to going through Utah and NV desert durung the day. :blink:   :blink:  

Though it will be fun guys, no matter which way you go....
On the trip this year.....Temp in Havre, MT on July 31 - Aug 1

103 F

You can run from the heat, but you can't hide.... :D :fire:

--G

Yes. I'd cancel them and await further instructions to get a special rate that rocks.

....Actually I'm curious what the standard rate is?
Stay information:

Package Name: None

Room Type: Deluxe

Arrival Date: 7/27/2006

Number of Nights: 3

Total Cost: $287.84

Thank You

Status
Not open for further replies.