The 2006 Wfo-5 Event

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking foward to this. Anybody interested in a group ride for the East coastersIt could start way east and get bigger as we head west. I would join in Colorado.
I have 3 coming up from Pensacola Florida via Arkansas and then through the moutains into Taos NM and Moab UT then along the Loneliest Hwy (50) into Reno NV .

Maybe we could meet some others on the way?

Skippy

It doesn't matter which way I go north to WY south to NM or just head west

young er old man.

Am also thinking of using the ride as a qualifing SS1000.

does it count if you ride with a group?

Sounds like there will be a flock of feeger's heading West.

The more the merrier

Almost there folks! At least for registration. Then it's just a couple of seasons away for the actual event. :D

200 Feejers in formation through the twistees would really suck. Thats way too many bikes in a group for any spirited riding. Groups of 5 max is the best way to go...but it would be nice to have an entire ballroom full at the hotel!

:clap:

I have this vision of a guy (prob TDub) riding down the 4th floor hall, legs up in the air, waving a bottle of Chianti, chasing some sweet young thang, while in room 512 the Dyno runs have commenced.... :D Toecutter's climbing the stairs, while Trinibob makes the jump from the top of the hotel to another. And me arriving and just riding through the front door, through the lobby, directly into the pool. YeeHaw!!!!!! B)

Last edited by a moderator:
BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!! Someone better bring a video camera! This is starting to set up to be a blast!

Like having a banquet at a motorcycle show ... atmosphere for gear heads. Fantastic.

Already Well Done, and it appears that the team has only begun ...

Leonard

Warchild,

(Not being impatient, just excited to lock in my reservation for myself and fiancee)

Will you be posting the link to the WFO-5 (2006 National Meet) here when it's finished, or someplace else? Just wanted to know where to monitor so I can get my rally fee in and make reservations as soon as possible :D

Will you be posting the link to the WFO-5 (2006 National Meet) here when it's finished, or someplace else?
Right here, most definitely. Also over at FJROwners. A non-banned member will have to post it on the old board.

We're in final testing of the PayPal mechanism right now, and it looks like it's behaving as advertised. There will actually be three PayPal mechanisms... one for the rally fee, one for Banquet tickets, and one for the Rallyshirts.

The site should be released in the next day or two.

Just to clarify... the WFO-5 IS the national meet this year, right?
Color me confused.
It's our hope it will become that. From the original post I believe the status is about the same. Waiting on Yamaha. Send those positive vibes and support it either way. Let's get hundreds of FJR's parked in that space.

The WFO-5 Committee has started planning this event with the goal of morphing this into the inaugural FJR1300 National Meet. We are awaiting feedback from many vendors and Yamaha USA to before going into any further details at this time. Assuming the FJR National initiative does indeed happen, the intent is to make WFO the first hosts, then rotate the "FJR National" to other regional organizers (EOM, CFO, etc), thus moving the event location around the country each year.

I just regestered S.O. and I for the event. Can't wait. This is shaping up to be the best WFO yet. :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Status
Not open for further replies.