The Crap Just Won't Go Away.....

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, spend a few days away and come back to all of this.

I've only been around the FJR (meaning EZ) scene since Christmas and I don't recall "mknewman" posting or admining. WC was always the shaker and the mover and the wealth of information. Guys don't get me wrong I know there were a lot of very knowledgable people on the board but WC kinda stuck out ;) more then the others.

Glad he is here on this board.

Thanks WC :clap:

FtLFjr

I'm starting to get bugged because I think this really is a constitutional issue. I've been going through the eZboard Terms of Use (TOU) and don't see where he has the authority to stop people from linking. If it's not codified in the TOU, against the law, or somehow specifically prohibited--then the 1st amendment would kick in you think.
Trust me, it's NOT a First Amendment violation because there's no state action in this context. Check my post a couple below yours over there where I've explained it.

But even if it isn't a constitutional violation, his citing of terms permitting banning (e.g., threatening, defamatory or tortious posts) is also a load of crap, as I've also noted in that post. The reality is that he doesn't really need a reason to ban someone and be within his legal rights to do so. Might lose him even more members, though, as irritated members vote with their feet, as the saying goes.

I don't think he really gets it about people's reactions to what he's doing. If the guy was smart, he'd allow links to what's being discussed here. E.g., Warchild might post some farkling procedure here that is inquired about over there. Better to post a link to WC's farkle procedure here in a response over there than get absolutely nothing over there in response, doncha think? He's just minimizing the resource there with his childish fiat against script that includes this URL.

:headbonk:

Warchild, Greg, Bounce

I'm one up on all a y'all :haha:

Stef

banneded1.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Bounce has been bounced! Atta boy! :clap:
Welp. Sure enough he deleted my posts, even though I had removed a link like he requested. Just in case the new one goes away again.

Bounce

Mile eater

(7/7/05 5:33 am)

Quote: Mark, I have asked you previously to remove the link in your sig.

Since I have never seen the EZ Board mail system until now, I didn't see it (or the other 2 posts in it) People have always used EZ Board to send me mail directly (even though EZ Board hides the address from them). I'd have seen it that way. Hidding in some thread I might not see, or on a remote mail box that never announces pending mail to a user when they log in is not a way to expect assured delivery.

Your post to this thread asked me to remove "the link" in my sig block. I had 2 so how could I know which you meant. It took me 4 or 5 tries and I still couldn't get my sig block edited in the last post I made. I finally had to just empty the message since EZ Board doesn't let a user delete a post they make. [note: evidently once a post is made the sig can't be edited even if you change your settings.] I then posted that I had complied with your request only to find it and my empty messages deleted and some asinine comment about bouncing Bounce in its place. If that means that my posting ability has been removed from the FJROwners section (this one) against my will, then I demand a refund for my donations back when EZ Board had to come begging to people just so it could continue to operate. That was the first 2 and maybe 3 years of operation.

Links

I'm starting to get bugged because I think this really is a constitutional issue.
Naw. It's a private board and, as such, they can do whatever they want. Same as withthe old BBS systems. I can make you leave my house if I don't like what you're saying. Same thing. It's not a government stopping you from saying something, so it's not protected speach.

Ya wanna hear the one about how Neeeeewman, in his first every rally, planned a 23.5 hour route in a 24 hour rally (without consideration for the time each bonus stop takes), had a little problem with a required telephone call "bonus" (which everyone had but still managed to finish the rally in spite of) and then publicly bitched that it was the Rally Masters fault for his DNF? For 3 years? In every forum and even in FtF situations? And kept signing up for each following Waltz in spite of the name calling and accusations? Even to the point of asking the Rally Staff if the same "asshole who ran it last time" was RMing it again? He fuqued up big time. Everyone does eventually. But instead of learning from it and moving on he blamed everyone else but himself and did it publicly to the tune trying to defame the Rally.

His current actions are no different. And (given that 3 years after the fact, he walked up to where I was setting, grabbed a chair and started in with the same bitching all over again) I doubt that his anger with this Board will ever be resolved. In front of at least a few witnesses I finally had to tell him to shut the fuque up and quick being a baby about his DNF as no one cared about it but him.

Since his comments in these situations were always in public forums, none of this is "actionable" disclosure. I just wanted people to know the type of mindset they were dealing with.

I am continually amazed by how far and how fast this train has gotten off the tracks :angry: . Here's hoping the topic of this board vs. the other board will be left alone, and we can all get on with our lives :eh: .

Hey... cut that out! Um...what am I up to now?

:erm:

Yeah, you're right on the personal board vs. state when it comes to contitutional issues. I'm doing it to illustrate how his censorship is un American.

Bounce, your back on at the other site. Marc seems to be cooling down a bit and accepting the fact that his isn't the only board in town any more.

Bounce, your back on at the other site. Marc seems to be cooling down a bit and accepting the fact that his isn't the only board in town any more.
Bi-polars will do that. Give it a minute or two.

Fjrchooser,

Mmmm...this could just be good news!

Does that mean he granted a stay to my execution too? :aarambo:

Stef

Hey Stef,

I don't think the Guv is handing out mass pardons just yet.

Wasn't aware you got the boot too ?!! Lots of complaining over there about the bans, even some of the butt smoochers are getting aboard.

Hope to see all of us at either board in the not too distant future. Per Rad's caution I'm not holding my breath waiting on it though.

fjrchooser,

Naw, I confess my earlier post on this thread (06:17 AM) is bogus. No execution was ever planned although I PM'ed a number of guys informing them of this Forum.

Truth be told, I did try to terminate my account, but as an EZBoard supporter I can't. :erm:

Stef

Truth be told, I did try to terminate my account, but as an EZBoard supporter I can't. :erm:
Stef
When I discovered that I couldn't terminate my EZBoard account because I am also an EZBoard supporter, I was left baffled... I mean, WTF can be the possible reason for that?! Why can't an EZBoard supporter just terminate? It's not like I was demanding the money back from the system or anything, so.... WTF?!
shrug.gif