The Crap Just Won't Go Away.....

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When RogDeb went down in Idaho wasn't it Mark who took his FJR Banner off the wall and started everyone signing it to send to them in the hospital? I have never understood why, but FJR Banners seem to be more sought after by this crowd than cheese sandwiches and cigarettes in San Quentin.
Whoaa!!!

Unless I am totally fubared here, that was H Marc Lewis, who runs the most excellent fjr1300.info, that did the RogDeb banner thing, and also assisted in taking care of their wrecked fjr also IIRC.

H Marc Lewis is a class act, no doubt about it.

DO NOT confuse him with Marc Neuman.

And as for the years of managing the EZboard - I will go out on a limb here and say that Marc Neuman, didn't do shit except initially set the board up. It was all Warchild. Hell, until recently, it was relatively rare to see Marc viewing or posting on HIS board.

Greg - now going to go take a chill pill.

Thanks for straightening me out on the Marks/Marcs, SkooterG.

All hail Marx and Lenon!

Silly me! I was out [SIZE=14pt]RIDING[/SIZE] today when I could have stayed inside reading "As The Forum Turns"! B)

Hmm...would have sweat less, avoided that stealth move with the State Trooper....

Naah, I'm still glad I went riding today!

I don't get it either. Something is either up other than we see or some serious ostrich, sand, and myopia. Mark's defending even the admitted dog shit parts of the board. He asked what was better and I enumerated them in 10 points I thought pretty clearly. https://p083.ezboard.com/ffjr1300ownersasso...picID=479.topic

(Isn't it weird that this board doesn't censor that.....Long live freedom of expression)

I found out a couple of them were a bit off after the fact, but Marc went off on the strangest stuff. He seems intent on taking his toys away home so nobody else can play with them.

Well, I'm here and about to go read and contribute some substance. Different site, but this already now the best place. All the cool kids are here and the Internet has fulfilled it's promise of routing around the damage that appears to be Marc Neuman.

I said my piece over there and I am done. It just pissed me off that he would stand there and and tell me that it was all in my head and that EZBoard was better. What the *&$% does he take me for?? All of us can see the difference, it is real ..... the speed, the features, and the atmosphere, and all that for a far better cost savings. WTF??..... you would have to be a moron not to see the difference and he replied with "I don't see what is so spectacular". I am at a loss for words on that one. I just can't bring myself to debate with that kind of logic, it's like trying to argue with a 2 year old.

A part of me is very sad to see what is obviously the beginning of the end for that board. It was once a pillar of the FJR information community and now it's future is certainly unknown. But now that he has shown this side of himself, it makes it easier to say goodbye, still sad, but much easier.

Slapnpop, I applaud your willingness to improve the old site and migrate it here and your foresight to stand up when he refused. Thank you ......... but I am willing to bet you never imagined it would come to where we are right now. Thank you for giving me a place to stay ...... it seems my landlord has kicked me out of my last place.

Here, with the continued contributions by Warchild, radman, bobvail, twowheelnut and other knowledgable individuals, I have found a new buddy, young, lively, non-confrontive and reasonable. Thanks, guys.
I'm flattered. Truly I am, but I don't hold a candlestick to the others you've listed.

Thanks just the same, though brudda...

Let me briefly chime in here.

I joined the other board in January this year and became an instant addict (ask my Mrs, she thought I had a Board-bimbo somewhere).

Excellent technical info, great band-of-brothers spirit and a series of unbeatable Group Buys.

Yet it quickly transcended the utilitarian aspect of finding out “how to” or getting a special price on some farkle.

This brotherhood of (mostly) middle-aged, wise-cracking, self-deprecating bike riders became for me a favorite watering hole in cyberspace. I think I’ve already compared it to Sammy’s “Cheers”, with its irresistible cast of characters and a pervasive sense of camaraderie I never found in other Boards.

For a number of good reasons this crowd now started to frequent another bar. Yet I saw no crime in posting on the old board occasionally, although it had become pretty bland.

Marc needs to understand no amount of censorship and retaliation will bring the folks back to his board. In fact, the more grating the polemic becomes, the more one wants to be gone.

Let’s face it, the old board was unique as long as our swashbuckling bro Warchild set the tone and others echoed or countered his views.

Without them, there’s just no point in posting there any more. My “EZ Supporter” account will be terminated today.

I’ve never been loyal to bars because of the furniture.

Stef

Good ridance. WC, I've put up with your attitude for a long time and frankly wasn't unhappy at all to see you leave.
Boy, ain't that a kick in the ass.

Here, with the continued contributions by Warchild, radman, bobvail, twowheelnut and other knowledgable individuals, I have found a new buddy, young, lively, non-confrontive and reasonable. Thanks, guys.
Tis an honor to be included in that motley group. ;) The real tragedy of the whole thing is that Seinfelds nemesis has lost touch to the point where this new forum is successful mostly because of his insistence that EZ is Gods gift to forum integrity. Talk about blinders.

there's 5 minutes of my life I won't get back :dribble: Glad I put on 600 miles this weekend, painted my stock screen black, bought Avons, bought mag knight CF look, and washed the bike.

It's all choice, and I choose to ride.

What oil and filter should I use? Are avons the best tire? has anyone found an old venture rear end yet? Does this bike wheelie easily? Why is there no 6th gear? ;)

twowheelnut, we only want you for your avatar. (the other one) :dribble:

radman, we only want you for your charming personality and polished refinement.

stef, well said.

Happy to be here.

Phil

Stef bro, you expressed my sentiments to the point. :clap:

If you see my member number, it is easy to see that I was one of the first to jump. It was obvious that the other forum had problems, not just because of the hack-attack, but political ones as well. The ambiance had turned too thick to breath and there was something else that didn't quite jive (I just couldn't put mi finger on it, but I could sense it).

A forum is a group of people with a common interest that get together to exchange ideas. It is not a place, and it does not belong to anyone, it is an entity in and by itself. No one has the power to decide was a forum does, it is like a school of fish: the whole school moves as an entity, and there is no leader per se, it just moves freely, and if some of the fish do not want to move with it, then they get left behind, period. Marc does not seem to grasp the concept that the forum had already moved.

I am happy with the direction this forum is taking, and I am glad I am part of it. :drinks: :friends:

This brotherhood of (mostly) middle-aged, wise-cracking, self-deprecating bike riders......
Can this possibly be true?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure is, Mr J. Black... ;)

What part of it doesn't ring plausible??? Oh, I get it...that reference to middle age, perhaps??? :D

Stef

MCMLI

@FJRocha

Man, that "school of fish" simile describes it even better than my bar comparison.

...except I don't drink seawater if I can help it :drinks:

By the way, 1000 100 1000 50? Huh?
Tim, it's all in the signature line. More information than most place there. Complete name and DOB. You will figure it out. BTW, I am doing fine, thanks for asking.

If you see my member number, it is easy to see that I was one of the first to jump.
FJRoha - You beat me here by one!

And as for the years of managing the EZboard - I will go out on a limb  here and say that Marc Neuman, didn't do shit except initially set the board up.  It was all Warchild.  Hell, until recently, it was relatively rare to see Marc viewing or posting on HIS board.
Yep. Neeeeewman dropped in when he needed to ask for money. He gave admin access to 2 other folks IIRC and they did all the heavy lifting that made that place as good as it was.