The Evil that is 13....

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The E/Y thing is in the vehicle descriptor block where Yamaha can put any classification they want. Perhaps E = 49 state and Y = CA? Should be fast to check because it should be consistent across all years.

Does my vin clear things up?

vin_zps8bf3288d.jpg

Just out of morbid curiosity; You guys all know that within a month of buying your bike, any jackass can run your VIN that you've now posted all over the internet and have access to not only your address, but depending on the program, your driver's license info too? Right??

It makes me laugh that a bunch of dorks that go through the trouble of blurring out their license plates from pictures happily post up a full VIN.

Remember that 80% of property crime offenders are now using social sites to troll for victims. It's like posting your address up on Facebook and then telling everyone that you've gone on a two week vacation to St. Thomas.

Just out of morbid curiosity; You guys all know that within a month of buying your bike, any jackass can run your VIN that you've now posted all over the internet and have access to not only your address, but depending on the program, your driver's license info too? Right??

It makes me laugh that a bunch of dorks that go through the trouble of blurring out their license plates from pictures happily post up a full VIN.

Remember that 80% of property crime offenders are now using social sites to troll for victims. It's like posting your address up on Facebook and then telling everyone that you've gone on a two week vacation to St. Thomas.
ashleymbhs6.edublogs.org-Disney-Chicken-Little-Sky-Falling1.jpg

So all the VINs have been the same except for the one from the Houston Motorcycle Show, and then obviously the sequential number.

So I am willing to go out on a limb and say for U.S. and perhaps north american FJRs, there is only one sequential number system.
Ummmm but mine is 24Y so that blows your theory.......

R
The 'Y' or 'E' may very well distinguish between a Cali model vs. 49 state model, however I have seen nothing to lead me to believe that there is anything but just one sequential numbering system in place.

Last edited by a moderator:
The 'Y' or 'E' may very well distinguish between a Cali model vs. 49 state model, however I have seen nothing to lead me to believe that there is anything but just one sequential numbering system in place.
Um... what part of having two VINs being identical except for E/Y and check digit did you miss?

I maybe late to the party here, but I heard that the 2013 FJR factory cruise control tops out at 80mph. Now that is "evil" right there! :D

All VIN numbers are visible to anyone who takes a look. No need to worry about posting it online. I can walk down the street and get all the VIN numbers off any vehicle that are parked and locked. The only info online is a VIN decoder that will give me some general info as to where the vehicle was assembled, engine model, vehicle year etc. No private info will be tracked down. I don't see how anyone can obtain that information legally (other than law enforcement). No worries....

All VIN numbers are visible to anyone who takes a look. No need to worry about posting it online. I can walk down the street and get all the VIN numbers off any vehicle that are parked and locked. The only info online is a VIN decoder that will give me some general info as to where the vehicle was assembled, engine model, vehicle year etc. No private info will be tracked down. I don't see how anyone can obtain that information legally (other than law enforcement). No worries....
Thanks AlleyCat. I know how VINs work. I posted a response to this same thing in another thread. Not gonna do it twice. Post up your VIN of you want. Bad guys can and do get information from them. Its not as secure as you think.

Post up what you want...Honestly, I don't care.

Um... what part of having two VINs being identical except for E/Y and check digit did you miss?
Ummmm.... WTF?!?!?! I was responding directly to a response to one of my posts. You have a problem with that? Thanks for the attitude. Much appreciated.

I maybe late to the party here, but I heard that the 2013 FJR factory cruise control tops out at 80mph. Now that is "evil" right there!
biggrin.png
Not being nit picky but its 82
tongue.png

82 *indicated* Super-Duper POS Gen III dorkus-maximus. 80mph *actual*.

Donations of cheap booze cheerfully accepted.
coolsmiley02.gif

My Gen II has been like this from day one to the present. AND, if you hold the clutch in for a count of 4 before shifting from neutral to 1st, you will almost always be rewarded with a clunk free snick into 1st even when at full running temp
Thank you sooo much for this little tidbit of advice. I have tried it and I am indeed rewarded with a "clunk-free" shift damn near every time now. I am thinking that it has got to be a little easier on the tranny this way. Thanks again.

FWIW, I've found that I can also eliminate the Ker-chunk! when shifting into 1st gear on my 1st Gen one of a few ways:

1) Start the bike in 1st gear (Doh!)

2) Start the bike in neutral but with the clutch pulled in and hold it in. Subsequently can shift into gear with no kerchunk.

3) After starting the bike in neutral with the clutch released, pull in the clutch and rev the engine up a few times quickly. This seems to break the clutch plates free from each other and allows no, or reduced, kerchunk when shifted into gear.

I generally will employ #1, but only with a warm engine to avoid the cold clutch's drag on the cold starting engine, but will then use #2 or #3 or just let it kerchunk.

Ummmm.... WTF?!?!?! I was responding directly to a response to one of my posts. You have a problem with that? Thanks for the attitude. Much appreciated.
Hello? This thing on? I don't mean to be hurting your feelings, but I've provided statements and evidence to the contrary of your theory more than once.

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/148990-the-evil-that-is-13/?p=1019449

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/148990-the-evil-that-is-13/?p=1024670

There are two #000014s in the wild. One (CA model) is on tour with the US version of the International Motorcycle Show. The other (49 state model) is parked 20 feet from me.

Sorry if that pisses you off so much.