The Five Faces of my FJR.......

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Screw the gay scoot! lookit the poor bastage under it. But, then again if you're gonna wear a pink and yellow shirt ya probably deserve it.

:jester:

BustanutJoker,

Hahahahaha... I was actually wondering what ya thought of the blue and stripes..

Too funny though... Just realized that!!!

Thanks odot, had to clean it up for my Bro after I striped it for um.

WW

I really like the striping you did on the bike, bags, and top box. Looks very good. I also liked the backrest you showed without the top box. Where did you get that?

Looks great!!! I had the dealer swap out all the painted parts on my 07 for the AE silver (which I really like) because I didn't like the 07 A model color....but I have to say it looks really good in the sunlight.

Gary

Looks great!!! I had the dealer swap out all the painted parts on my 07 for the AE silver (which I really like) because I didn't like the 07 A model color....but I have to say it looks really good in the sunlight.
Gary
Gary,

I got to admit.. At first, I wasn't sure if I would like the color either..... Once I seen it in the sun, and the silver stripe kit, I was SOLD!

WW

Ok Guys,
I forgot to add a Pic of my Bro's 06 Blue with the stripe kit.

06striped.jpg

What do you think of the 06 Blue with the stripes??

WW
Your bike is a thing of beauty - wonder what those stripes would look like on an '08???

Was that you that your brother ran over?

Sherman,

Hahahahaha, No my Bro gave up the pink stuff long time ago!!

Thanx!! I suspect the silver stripe kit would look awesome on the 08!!

WW

Very nice!!!
Great add-ons/mods from OhioFJR and Garauld, as well as yourself.

Boy, if your FJR has 4 personalities, I guess that make mine a schitzophrenic. :dribble:
Perhaps he suffers from Quadrophenia, eh Scooter the Mod?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey WW, what did you use to paint the silver stripe on the Givi box? I like that look, kinda breaks up the big side of the box.

Hey WW, what did you use to paint the silver stripe on the Givi box? I like that look, kinda breaks up the big side of the box.
LDRydr,

I taped off the 45 degree angles...and taped off the rest of the box. Used a GM silver touch up that I bought at the Auto parts store... GM 3859 that said it also contained topcoat Clear 3701. I actually taped off the name plate cover in layers (to match the edges in the plastic their) and built it up with layers of the touch up paint until it striped up like the rest of the plastic. It kind of hid the luggage name plate..That I would never use. It really closely closely matches the silver trim of the Givi Box and is a close match to the silver stripes and the overall silver on the bike.

WW

Just added a few more pics on page 2 and another pic of my Bro's with mine. It amazes me how different the Black Cherry can look in different types of light. Hope you all like them.

WW

:D

Last edited by a moderator:
WW,

What a nice looking setup... the pride shows through.

May you get some decent weather soon to really enjoy it!

WW,
What a nice looking setup... the pride shows through.

May you get some decent weather soon to really enjoy it!
03HiYoSilver,

Thanks for the words of encouragement . The warmer weather is just getting here now. Put on almost 150 miles today. Low 40's and Sunny!!

WW

The bikes look great! I like the black cherry better, but I think I am biased! :)

Those pipes are sick! I love the shape. That makes me want to trade from my Staintunes, but I think that your striping makes them fit the bike that much better. I guess I will stick to the Staintunes. Besides, they help me make sure my fly is zipped when I walk up to the bike. :rolleyes:

Keep up the great work! That is my favorite part. How much you love the bike and want to tinker with it! I totally understand. My wiife, maybe not so much, but I get it!