The Million Mile Challenge. Who's In?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have put 6800+ miles on since January 1st. That has included some really fun rides to/from Idylwild twice, Malibu canyons with the SOCAL crew, Julian a number of times and daily commuting 50+ miles a day rain or shine. Lately its been mostly shine. :yahoo: If I had been able to ride it to Amarillo instead of caging it, that would have been over 2000 miles by the end of the trip. :( Still trying to figure out how to fit the wife and kids on the Feej with all the stuff in tow. :D

Not sure what I started the year with, but had the 16K service pre-NAFO. Had about 2,000 on from the time I left home, up thru Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Idaho, Canada, Idaho, Montana. Not exactly sure, because the digital readout got kind of fried at some point as I was bouncing and flipping over all those Helena, Montana rocks. Subsequent miles will be on the new KLR. :angry:

IMG_0495.jpg

6939 for July. This brings my total mileage for the year since I purchased the bike (used) in July 2007 to 30,000 + some change! Biggest year ever for me. :yahoo: My YTD miles is now 21,467.

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy cow batman. What a difference a NAFO makes. And the total is . . . . . 703,523.4

That's big miles sports fans. Obviously NAFO helped but my guess is that August will be a big month. I was starting to think that the bit million might not happen, but who knows?

Big thanks to the new posters. Quite a few of you. Welcome. And to you old "MMC" thread stalwarts, thanks for posting. It's fun to read your musings and ramblings.

There are some big milers out there. Sometime when SWMBO isn't looking cross eyed at me typing on a sunday I'll do another leaderboard. Several of you are well into five figures on the year.

Cheers to all

That's big miles sports fans. Obviously NAFO helped but my guess is that August will be a big month. I was starting to think that the bit million might not happen, but who knows?
I"m withholding my mileage till the end of the season. It gets to be a pain in the ass remember where I left off.

Let's see, I had 1590 miles for my BBG in May, 1213 miles in the Utah 1088, 1300 miles round trip to get to the 1088, and 752 miles round trip to get to and from Hells Kitchen to greet the Spank riders on 8-9. 4855 miles for May-August 9th. More coming!

Ok, ok, ok. Moved from the 'other' thread :p

NAFO 3987 miles, It was a slow week B)

+6320

4900 miles was our 2 week NAFO trip which included most of CO. ..plus Moab, UT. The rest was just general riding.

Last edited by a moderator:
well, it wasn't on an FJR, but i just got back to socal from watertown NY on my buell ulysses adventure. 4287 miles across and down the west coast. a memorial ride of sorts for my middle son. so add the miles to your equation. bill d.

Add an additional 1,067 for the Blue Rdge trip taken last weekend.

216 to and from SFO

5476 to and from Route 66 Mother Road Rally

2177 to and from NAFO

7869 total since 4/25/08

:ph34r:

Status
Not open for further replies.