Time for a new bike?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow I have riden through Detriot a few times on a bike... I seen a few that wander around in their lanes....

Very glad you can tell us the story, and will be able ride another day! Motorcycles are replacable you aren't!

Never met ya Wayne, but know you have a fine set up for suspention as we have same stuff and shared a e-mail or two about them.

Glad your are mostly OK, and sorry to hear about your ride! Heal well.

I can't imagine an evasive maneuver hard enough to cause a low side on what I suppose was good traction conditions.

You must have seriously thought that you had no other choice, and took extreme angles to flee the hit.

I recently had a 1 ton pickup truck that nearly hit me, less than 6", when he 'swooped' my lane to get back into the far right lane to pass the pack. I tried to chase him, but the 650 I was on was not able chase, thankfully.

Wayne, I've never met you but from what I've read on the forum and talked to other peeps, you are a very competent rider.

(Who has had two hard crashes)

I think you might be right regarding your commuting to work, given the drivers and habits in that hood.

For me, I'm lucky, it's still pretty rural, my biggest threat is rut season, not drivers.

Best to you my friend,

Hope to shake your hand someday.

yes, there should be no question about it - motorcycle specific clothing is directly responsible for my having skin and muscle left on my legs, arms, chest. There is so much good gear out there, and many affordable places to get it from. Please do. Michigan changed the helmet law this year to make it optional if certain conditions are met. The EMT's who were on site were amazed that I did not have more serious injuries. I have always been an advocate for wearing proper gear, this just reinforces that mindset. Food for thought...

Glad you're not seriously hurt...another testimonial for me to get serious about buying some proper gear. I guess you can look forward to a 'winter of farkling' a new bike!

Wayne,

I'm glad to hear that you made it through this as well as you did.

Take care...you've got all winter to heal and get a new ride.

I expect to see you in SE Ohio in the spring.

Damn, I still can't believe this happend.

I'm not so sure a '13 is really the way I want to go.
Yeah yeah yeah. You're just saying that to appease Annette. :huh:

I'm just glad you had on clean underwear. 'Cause otherwise ... this would be awkward.

Glad you're OK, and go buy that lottery ticket, would ya?

I'm not so sure a '13 is really the way I want to go.
Yeah yeah yeah. You're just saying that to appease Annette. :huh:

I'm just glad you had on clean underwear. 'Cause otherwise ... this would be awkward.

Glad you're OK, and go buy that lottery ticket, would ya?

Rumor has it that he was wearing his brand new Ninja Turtles undies... ;)

Detroit Sucks...that's what I take away from this. :clapping:
Dang it Mark.. If your going to trash Detroit at least get the current spelling right.

It's Detoilet and yes it does suck. Nothing but a big tax suckhole the rest of the state bails out every 10 years or so.

f38a865e.gif

BTW - hey, Wayne? tstaff has (or maybe had?) his very well sorted out '06 for sale...

Last edited by a moderator:
Fairlaner's is an '08 - so with the silver wheels it will be down on horsepower and agility compared to the '09...

I looked at this'09 today. Very clean, virgin well kept bike. Price is fair.

Just have to wait on AllState. Phone call today from the adjuster - he says it's repairable at this point. The estimate is missing various pieces - both saddlebags, Givi & mount, CeeBailey windshield, Ohlins pre-load knob (maybe that will mean the entire unit??), and Sargent seat. I think the shop esitmate is going to be much higher as they will account for potential damage under the fairings.

We will see...

Thanks, Joe - yes, we are going to have to get SE Ohio rolling for May. Mark has other plans for the spring, so he won't be organizing, but I"m sure you'll do a fine job. I've got web space available...

I will either be on another FJR or maybe this Moto Guzzi V11 Cafe Sport.

Wayne,

I'm glad to hear that you made it through this as well as you did.

Take care...you've got all winter to heal and get a new ride.

I expect to see you in SE Ohio in the spring.

Damn, I still can't believe this happend.