Tire Pump - Great Buy!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got back from Auto Zone. The unit they are selling for 9.99 after the $20 rebate is the very small one without an integral gauge.

It's not the one that was previously linked to, it's this one:

Slime Power Sport Tire Inflator - Model 40001

As you can see if you follow my link, it's rated to 300 psi (if you have enough time...) comes with all the power attachment doo-dads you could want (except for a powerlet adapter), and all fits neatly in a nice little zippered up case. The rebate deal allows purchase of 2, however excludes CT and RI (weird, that).

So I naturally scored a pair of these bad boys. I'm keeping one and tossing one into our family's Yankee swap this weekend.

Hey, maybe I'll get lucky and have it gifted back. I could put them both to good use.

;)

Great Buy... Picked one up last night.
at AutoZone thru January 8th you can get the "Slime" Power Sport Tire Inflator for $9.95, it is $29.95 with a $20.00 mail in rebate. It is Motorcycle Consumer News pick. Heck for $10 cant see how you can go wrong.

Pump Comparison Test
Thanks Fred for the tip. I went to AutoZone today and almost bought the wrong one. The place where I was had two of them on special (with the rebate). One was the unit you found with the case and adapters, etc, and one without all the adapters. Just a heads up if anybody else is looking for one.

The Power Sport Tire Inflator is a great little unit with a case and all.

Thanks again and Merry Christmas all.

I had to go to 3 autozones, but finally found one. They have the rebait forms behind the counter (or did at the one I went to).

Now, don't forget to send in those forms!

I am going to buy one of these little units, but I would like to ask what you fellows use for flat repairs? I have heard that the slime in your tire is messy to clean up.

Jer

Great Buy... Picked one up last night.
at AutoZone thru January 8th you can get the "Slime" Power Sport Tire Inflator for $9.95, it is $29.95 with a $20.00 mail in rebate. It is Motorcycle Consumer News pick. Heck for $10 cant see how you can go wrong.

Pump Comparison Test
Thanks for this heads up! If any other riders are around Little Rock the Autozone on Rodney Parham has 5 more of them. The rebate was good for 2 units according to the clerk and form so I got a very inexpensive Christmas gift for my brother. Thanks again. :yahoo:

I am going to buy one of these little units, but I would like to ask what you fellows use for flat repairs? I have heard that the slime in your tire is messy to clean up.
Jer
I picked one up also. I had one already but it was a larger case with a small slime bottle in it - same compressor. I wanted the smaller case.

To answer your question, get a T-handle plug kit with some of those 4" long sticky plugs. You can find them in the same section that you find the Slime compressor in. It comes in a kit - one T-handle is a file looking item, the other is like a big needle with an eyelit at the end for "threading" the sticky plug into said hole in tire. These are commonly used to patch car tires. It doesn't take much room and is very effective at repairing flats.

Herkypilot

Does anybody carry a pressurized cylinder inflator kit? That is all I use. Is the electrically powered inflator somehow better?
I have one, but what if you need to pump the tire up to find the leak (like when you find a flat tire in the morning) and then pump it up again after repairing?Better bring lots of cylinders....

I got mine today. BUTT, be sure to get the printed rebate form from the store, not the pre-printed one with the early-December expiration date. They can print you one at the store, and put their store stamp on it. The rebate form IS NOT available online (I looked).

Last summer I picked up 1/4 inch screw on Rt 37 in B.C. I never plugged a tire so I didn't want to do it on the road. I had to fill my rear tire about twenty times before I camped that night. I am buying a new pump for this year, I do not know the pumps life spand. I will keep the old one for home projects. I ran the pump off a sae connector I run directly to the battery with no fuse. That lead just hangs under the tank by the neck with a wire tie. I will use that line if I ever have to charge my battry or use something like the pump. Sits und the reat seat.

Jer
I carry this kit from https://www.stopngo.com/motorcycle.asp :

ptp.jpg

For the longest time I carried one of the gummy-worm type repair kits, until I watched a guy fix his flat with this kit...fast, no glue to mess with.

Just ordered another one to keep on the FJR.

Last edited by a moderator:
I carry this kit from https://www.stopngo.com/motorcycle.asp :
ptp.jpg

For the longest time I carried one of the gummy-worm type repair kits, until I watched a guy fix his flat with this kit...fast, no glue to mess with.
Just say NO to that P.O.S. tire repair kit.

You don't need to use glue with the sticky worm type plug, although it probably doesn't hurt.

I bought that stupid Stopngo tire plug kit. After several repairs that didn't hold air, I went to the sticky string method. Never been let down by them.

Jer
Thanks for all of the replys. I have ridden for years without a flat, but I know that my luck can't last. I will have the pump and repair kit under my seat next spring.

Just say NO to that P.O.S. tire repair kit.
You don't need to use glue with the sticky worm type plug, although it probably doesn't hurt.

I bought that stupid Stopngo tire plug kit. After several repairs that didn't hold air, I went to the sticky string method. Never been let down by them.

I had also heard from some other folks before to stay away from the 'shrooms. :blink:

I guess they have a habit of popping back inside the tire.

Sticky string is a bit more messy but seems more reliable.

Either one should be for emergency use only to get back home. Then pull the tire off and put one of these tee patch/plugs in from the inside if the tire has a lot of miles left in it. Don't forget to re-balance afterwards.

linky

more info: Dunlop web site

Last edited by a moderator: