Tire Pump - Great Buy!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hate to bring this up Painman, but I've returned 3 of those cheap Chinese-built Walmart pumps. :( If reliability counts, they just aren't in the same league as the Slime or some others.

Bob
Bob, thanks for the heads up but I will have to disagree about the quality. I don't want to steal anymore from FJRMGM's thread but thought this might help. One of the main reasons for these small pumps to fail, Slimes included, is to run them with less than a 10 amp fuse. You can look at the Slime site on this. Also another main reason for failures on these pumps, Slime's included, is to run the pump too long and overheat it. The pump I had pictured above is made in China as probablly is the Slime pump. The pump I pictured above uses the exact same pump as the Hausfeld Claus pump many here have stripped from the larger Walmart pump and have had no issues with failures that I know of. Just follow the two rules of using a 10 amp or larger fuse (don't use the 3 amp plug in the dash on the FJR) and don't over-heat the pump and by following the time limits of operation you should be fine whatever pump you use. I personally would buy the Slime pump if I had it to do over again because it does look somewhat smaller than the mini-pump I use except the gauge in my pump is accurate and is built in. Slime does offer a pump very similar to the Walmart pump I use with the built in dial guage. Just trying to help. PM. <>< :D

Last edited by a moderator:
So, where is the best place to store the pump? And where is the most logical location to place the leads if you are going to hardwire them to the battery?

So, where is the best place to store the pump? And where is the most logical location to place the leads if you are going to hardwire them to the battery?
I have a short PowerLet to SAE adapter that I carry in the glove box. My powerlet connector is in the "D" panel and hardwired to the battery through a 10A fuse.

The pump case will NOT fit anywhere under the seat that I can find. Either one of the side, tail or tank bags would be required storage spots. Maybe it would fit in the tail section behind the seat if it was removed from the nifty case?

The hose and wire can unscrew. Without the carrying case it can fit under the small seat on the 04.

How will it handle the vibration? Anyone else store it there? Is there enough room for an 05 model?

Ok.....it's been a few weeks since I bought the thing. Been aboot the same time since I sent the rebate paperwork back. Has anyone who bought one of these things actually received the rebate money back yet?

Ok.....it's been a few weeks since I bought the thing. Been aboot the same time since I sent the rebate paperwork back. Has anyone who bought one of these things actually received the rebate money back yet?
Nope, not yet, but that isn't all that unusual in the rebate world. One reason why I hate them... :glare:

Wasn't there supposed to be somewhere online that you were supposed to be able to track the rebate?

[edit] Yep, found it www.autozonerebates.com. Now to check it out

[edit 2] Wow that was fun. Entered the form data and it can't find anything for me. I'm gonna be pissed if I don't get the rebates back. I bought 2.

[edit 3] Rebate form says "Please allow 10-12 weeks for delivery" Zzzzzzzzzz

Yuppers....of course mine wouldn't show up in their computer system. Now to email them and wait....tic tock tic tock.

Mine came in a little hard case, the tire plugging stuff fits in the case as well and it all fits under the driver seat, even with the seat in the lower position. I didn't pre wire because of the outlet in the glove box. "07" 2nd Gen. What are these vibrations you speak of? :blink:

Oh, the vibrater is just there to keep the gerbil company. It's an old TWN trick....pm him for details.

Nope, not yet, but that isn't all that unusual in the rebate world. One reason why I hate them... :glare:

Wasn't there supposed to be somewhere online that you were supposed to be able to track the rebate?

[edit] Yep, found it www.autozonerebates.com. Now to check it out

[edit 2] Wow that was fun. Entered the form data and it can't find anything for me. I'm gonna be pissed if I don't get the rebates back. I bought 2.

[edit 3] Rebate form says "Please allow 10-12 weeks for delivery" Zzzzzzzzzz

I sent in for two rebates as well. Got pissed when I got home and read the fine print on the rebate form that said only one allowed per household bull****. I sent them both in anyway. Hope they do the right thing..........

I sent in for two rebates as well. Got pissed when I got home and read the fine print on the rebate form that said only one allowed per household bull****. I sent them both in anyway. Hope they do the right thing..........
I hope that didn't mess you up. The rebate form reads that you can get rebate on up to 2 units per rebate form, but only one form per household. I had to re-read that form a couple of times myself.