Tire Pump - Great Buy!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Either one should be for emergency use only to get back home. Then pull the tire off and put one of these tee patch/plugs in from the inside if the tire has a lot of miles left in it. Don't forget to re-balance afterwards.
The last tire I wore out had a string plug in it for the last 6000 miles. No issues.

Got me a compressor today. My local AZ has two more on the shelf.

Thanks FJRMGM! :clapping:

Went up to Oregon City Saturday to drop off my forks at GP Suspension, then on to Portland for R&R with the wife. So I added a stop at the AZ on 11th Ave. in Eugene OR and they had a dozen of them. They printed the rebate forms (bought two) for me -- but I'll have to check that they are the later dated ones. Thanks for pointing this sale out! Been looking at these for two years and wanted to get away from the compressed gas solution......

Said this in another thread: I've never had any problems with the stopngo plug kit that uses the mushroom-shaped plugs, but I've only had to use it four times on the bike (hurray for Avon's warranty) and twice on the car. Opinions, rectums, etc.

Thanks for the heads up on this compressor, I've been looking for a decent one on the cheap and this should qualify, assuming there's no BS with them not honoring the rebate.

Last edited by a moderator:
In Pelham, Alabama the AutoZone has a separate display with a ample number of pumps. You have to ask for the correct rebate from the kids behind the counter. They don't have a clue.

I got mine today. BUTT, be sure to get the printed rebate form from the store, not the pre-printed one with the early-December expiration date. They can print you one at the store, and put their store stamp on it. The rebate form IS NOT available online (I looked).
Dang - just checked my rebate form and it was from the early December expiration so had to run back to Autozone to get the correct one!!

Had them throw away the expired ones - that's what I get for going out without my reading glasses!!

FWIW, I've been carrying a slime brand compressor on board as my primary air source for the last 3 years. Replaced the battery tender harness's stock fuse, and replaced the cigarette lighter plug on the compressor with a mating end. I've never had a problem out of my pump, and have used it for bikes, cars, and even a few bicycles here and there.

As for electric vs. cylinder: you only have a limited volume of air to inflate with based on how much space you give up to cartridges. With electric, you've got all the air you'll ever need, and if you don't have power for the pump, you've got bigger problems.

I got a pump similar a year ago and posted up on it, it's called a "Super Line" mini air compressor and got it at Walmart at $10.00. No sales or rebates to deal with. Same dimensions as the Slime pump and has a built in gauge and will inflate 40lbs in a rear 180 bike tire in about 4 minutes with no problem. It says it will do 300 lbs. but not to run it longer than 30 minutes with out a cool down. It's not online anywhere even on Walmarts page. Just go into the store and its with the other inflators in the auto department. I carry it under the FJR seat in a protective bag I had and fits just right. And don't go on a trip without at least 4 CO2 cartriges as well so in other words always carry some type of backup along with your tire repair kit. As someone has already mentioned, I also ran a whip taken from my Battery Tender and installed a 10 amp fuse so I now have a pigtail for the Battery Tender and another whip with the 10 amp fuse for the inflator or other device I might want to run. Hope this helped. PM. <>< :D

Great scoop! I just picked one up. It seems to be a real quality piece of hardware and it includes several wire adapters for any type of hook up and a very compact pencil type pressure gauge, all in a very nice hard case.

Thanks,

Charlie

Picked one up the other day. This little thing works very well...good volume and pressure for it's size.

Thanks for the tip.

I got one Friday and already had to use it to help a fellow rider on Sundays ride.

Here's the Walmart mini pump....
DelsPics013.jpg
and this is it in the box... only 10 bucks....
DelsPics010.jpg

and has a built in needle pressure gauge. I eleminated the cig plug and installed the Battery Tender plug with the 10 amp fuse. All the cords and hose tuck neatly into the hard case. It fits like a glove under the front seat ready to go. Hope this is of help if having problems getting the Slime pump. PM. <>< ;)

Hate to bring this up Painman, but I've returned 3 of those cheap Chinese-built Walmart pumps. :(

If reliability counts, they just aren't in the same league as the Slime or some others.

Bob

As I said earlier the slime pump is great, but bring a good tire gauge. I carry a good one but decided to use the gauge that came with the kit. As I but the gauge on the stem it blew apart. I was amazed at all the pieces. I guess the the tube also broke into many pieces. It was very funny. At low compression (28lbs???) to have all this crap in my hand. It didn't hurt, but did surprise me.

As I said earlier the slime pump is great, but bring a good tire gauge. I carry a good one but decided to use the gauge that came with the kit. As I but the gauge on the stem it blew apart. I was amazed at all the pieces. I guess the the tube also broke into many pieces. It was very funny. At low compression (28lbs???) to have all this crap in my hand. It didn't hurt, but did surprise me.

For jollies I used the pump on my son's bicycle tires to 50 psi and it worked fast. You have to have it flat on the ground though (as instructed -- who reads that sh*t anyway?) or the shiny silver plastic gets scuffed. I used the little air pressure guage with the kit and it didn't explode, but it was off by 4 pounds -- not bad in a pinch I guess.

Bought two yesterday, to compliment the one I have had for the past year. Gotta love a great deal.

I bought the slime pump a few months ago and just discovered it stores perfectly under the rider seat of my new 07.