To the group of HOG posers at the gas station in Monroe WA, Saturday.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Taff! Give me a shout next time you're in my neck of the woods (Monroe). If we're not booked for a gig, I'm always up for a ride. My FJR is in the garage (getting ready for NAFO) so I take my ZX14. There's a lot of great rides out this way!
From what I have seen/noticed, the RIDERS are usually riding a HD lookalike (Kawasaki, Suzuki, Honda, etc.) and yes, many wear the assless chaps but they also wear fullface helmets.

The HD posers (not all, of course) are doing exactly what the HD TV ads tell them to... it's a lifestyle. Remember, they don't buy HD's to ride the twisties. They only go on the major roads in a straight line to the nearest biker-friendly bar. The rule is: dress like a Neanderthal (assless chaps, beany hat, skull bandana, sleeveless vest, etc.) and the women dress like hookers. Seems to be the norm.

If I ride north, I like to stop at the HD dealer at Smokey Point for a latte. I sit outside and watch the folks... posers, et al. Admittedly, most of the folks are nice. Many are new riders and new to HD. Many of the folks KNOW what a ZX14 is (that includes the sales guys) and what it can do, so I usually don't get the power ranger talk.

Speaking of power rangers, there's also the squids... the other end of the spectrum.

Anyway, back on subject. Give me a call. I LOVE to ride... with anyone.
Hey Stephen,

Sure will.

I am going to NAFO, want to hook up, maybe with some of our OR FJR pilots?

.... now back to washing my Feejer.
What is this Washing thing you refer too? Is that what happens on our daily rides as that liquid Seattle Sunshine rains down on us? :angry2:

Or is it that bucket and sponge thing that I wait until July to accomplish once I can be assured of a week without rain? :yahoo:

I actually thought about washing my FJR this past weekend, but decided to check the weather forecast first. I know, why bother? Sure enough there's daily rain in the forecast for this week, so I'll have to ride a dirty bike for a while longer.
Washing=riding to get the bike in the rain to get "washed" :clapping: :clapping: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :blink: :blink: :blink:

I used to have a Roadstar warrior and have a nice set of assless chap...and wore them over my jeans last week on a long highway ride. Keeps my jeans from flapping. I really don't care what anyone thinks. no tassles at least. But we will be getting some kevlar riding clothes for the Blue Ridge this summer

Any of you guys from Texas can visit many of these 'riders' at the R.O.T. Rally every summer in Austin. Seems to bring every weekend biker who knows more about bikes that the guy next to him.

Probably from all the reading he gets done while trailering the bike to the rally...................... <_<

I used to have a Roadstar warrior and have a nice set of assless chap...and wore them over my jeans last week on a long highway ride. Keeps my jeans from flapping. I really don't care what anyone thinks. no tassles at least. But we will be getting some kevlar riding clothes for the Blue Ridge this summer
I usually wear a pair of Tourmaster armored riding pants I've had for a while, but I've also got some chaps from my Harley days (I still own a Sportster) that I keep in one of the side cases in case I get caught out in the cold wearing just jeans. I agree with you: to hell with what anyone else thinks. I don't ride, or dress, to please anyone but myself. As to jerk Harley riders, we can broaden that to jerk motorcycle riders, because they come in every flavor.

Any of you guys from Texas can visit many of these 'riders' at the R.O.T. Rally every summer in Austin. Seems to bring every weekend biker who knows more about bikes that the guy next to him.

No kidding. Like during a lot of the other mass events in Austin, a good time to stay far away from downtown.

ROT is always a good time for a good friend of mine who happens to be an orthopedic surgeon. Them thar weekend HOG riders tend to have insurance, ya see... :clapping:

Prior to buying my 08 sportster I asked a Harley sportster rider that also had an FJR to compare the two. He said your going to feel like yout riding a antique when you get on the sportster.
Yep. My Sportster reminds me of riding a mini-bike in 8th grade. My first bike ever was an '03 Sporty. Still own it; sittin' in the garage. I'm pleased to say I astonished my Harley dealer buddies by putting 47,000 miles on that baby commuting up till I bought the FJR two years ago. Now I pretty much only ride the Sporty around town. But the fact is, I just don't feel safe on it.

The thing is, they say don't write a check with your ego that your skills can't cash. But with the Sporty it's just the other way around: I've got the skills, but the bike can't deliver on the swerving and braking end of things.

I'm about to post it for sale.jb
I dunno Hans, maybe you could work it into a scooter beater. :D :p

Ahhhhh.... we haven't watched television in years except stuff we record: National Geographic, History, Speed channel, etc.

To lose a child.... wow! I'm glad the family stayed together.

I was laughing so hard beneath my full face helmet, little tears were flowing out!

I must have gotten in with the right group when I signed up for the FJRforum...

I'm amazed by the number for well dressed business men that I've seen , get Harley's and all of the sudden are wearing blue jeans , black HD t-shirts and chain drive wallets..

And when you you get behind a group of HD's going into a 100mph curve, all you see are brake lights and down shifting..

As my dear old daddy use to say " couldn't drive a wooden peg up a goats ass..."

I could go on and on about Harley riders ,, and usually do ,,, sufficient to say I don't care for their attitude and think they are a bunch of dip-shits... :yahoo:

Manufacturing Defects??? Possessed by Evil Spirits???

A Harley-Davidson© rider was killed early Wednesday in a Douglas County crash.

The accident happened at 8:54 a.m. when the man, on a Harley-Davidson© motorcycle, was going west on Lincoln Avenue in the left lane.

When the Harley-Davidson© rider approached First Street, witnesses said he changed to the right lane at normal speed, but then abruptly veered off the road onto the shoulder and crashed. No vehicles other than the Harley-Davidson© were involved in the crash.

Another…

A Harley-Davidson© rider was not wearing a helmet when he died in a fatal crash early this morning in northeast Harris County, authorities said.

The rider apparently lost control of his Harley-Davidson© motorcycle about 2:15 a.m. along the 2100 block of westbound FM 1942, Harris County Sheriff's deputies said.

And another…

A Brunswick man died Sunday when his Harley-Davidson© motorcycle crashed into a tree in the median at Georgia Spur 25 and U.S. 17, police said.

Police found Harold Yarbrough, 49, lying dead in the median about 6:50 p.m. a few feet away from his white Harley-Davidson© motorcycle, said Officer Kevin Jones of the Glynn County Police Department.

A preliminary investigation indicated Yarbrough had been driving south on Spur 25 when he veered off the highway at its intersection with U.S. 17. The Harley-Davidson© went into the center median, crossed the southbound lane of U.S. 17, tree and threw off Yarborough, Jones said.

And another…

On Wednesday, March 5, 2008, at 6:57 a.m., the Folsom Police Department responded to Iron Point Road and Cavitt Drive to investigate a Harley-Davidson© accident. The driver, a 49 year old woman from El Dorado Hills, suffered serious head trauma and was pronounced dead at the scene.

The Folsom Police Department's Major Accident Response Team responded to investigate the collision. Investigators believe the motorcycle, a 2004 Harley-Davidson©, was traveling eastbound on Iron Point Road when for unknown reasons, the Harley-Davidson© struck the center median throwing the woman from the motorcycle.

This guy didn’t even have time to get on his steeds bad side and look what it got him…

A Monett man received moderate injuries when he lost control of his Harley-Davidson© and overturned several times Saturday at 1:25 p.m. near County Road 70 on Gum Road.

Michael McCallum, 53, was heading eastbound, just east of Carthage, when he failed to negotiate a curve, ran into a ditch and was thrown from his 2002 Harley-Davidson© motorcycle.

A close friend of McCallum said he had just purchased the Harley-Davidson© in Carthage about 30 minutes before the accident.

I told you something is wrong with these “motorcycles” from The Motor Company©. These things appear to be possessed, even witnesses stating that the thing just “veered off the road” for no reason. I never believed in the devil before…but these types of stories are giving me pause…so be wary of the Harley-Davidson© rider…if he is still upright on his Milwaukee Mastadon he just may have a pact with El Diablo…you never know.

I told you something is wrong with these “motorcycles” from The Motor Company©. These things appear to be possessed, even witnesses stating that the thing just “veered off the road” for no reason. I never believed in the devil before…but these types of stories are giving me pause…so be wary of the Harley-Davidson© rider…if he is still upright on his Milwaukee Mastadon he just may have a pact with El Diablo…you never know.
You got to be kidding me.

It's the RIDER you nit!

You got to be kidding me.

It's the RIDER you NUTSACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
fixed it fer ya.

I was laughing so hard beneath my full face helmet, little tears were flowing out!

I must have gotten in with the right group when I signed up for the FJRforum...

I'm amazed by the number for well dressed business men that I've seen , get Harley's and all of the sudden are wearing blue jeans , black HD t-shirts and chain drive wallets..

And when you you get behind a group of HD's going into a 100mph curve, all you see are brake lights and down shifting..

As my dear old daddy use to say " couldn't drive a wooden peg up a goats ass..."

I could go on and on about Harley riders ,, and usually do ,,, sufficient to say I don't care for their attitude and think they are a bunch of dip-shits... :yahoo:
You took the word's right outta my mouth.

HOG's are aptly named IMHO :yahoo: :yahoo: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :assassin: :assassin: :assassin:

I was just readin' some commentary in a magazine how Rolly Free hated and/or despised HD his entire life. Interesting reading.

Well, to be fair, some HD forum is probably talking about squids and power rangers on sportbikes.

I will say this: Since I've taken up riding again after a brief "un-bike" time, I've spent numerous rides and get-togethers with the local sport-touring folks as well as a bunch of local sportbikers. In all cases, the riders and pillions were dressed to ride. Not sayin' all of them were power rangers, but they all wore full-face helmets, boots, jackets, gloves, etc. When we stopped during a ride for lunch or after the ride for dinner, only a very few imbibed alcohol.

Oh, I do like a glass of wine with dinner. :clapping: