Too Easy

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am feeling neglected. How come I dont' rate a quote in your sig?
Because the quotes in my sigfile are either witty, intelligent or thoughtful.

Qualities you have been able to successfully avoid in your 41 short years on this planet.

:****:

I fear that everyone has held back a little here. Good thing I'm in a mood, because my advice is to go **** yourself.
Nobody here is crying that they paid too much and they gotta do all this stuff to their bike to make it work.
Exactly!! If you want that, go buy a Concours!

I am not sure about Lerdog... I searched through his other posts and I'm a little confused. After a test ride, it looks like Lerdog really likes the FJR...

I finally got to test ride an '06A today. I am a Goldwing rider. I must say that in many ways it made the Wing feel like riding an 18 wheeler. The shifting was smooth and quiet. The handling was smooth and "user friendly". It just sailed through curves. The biggest negative that I noticed was the helmet noise even with the shield all of the way up. It really gave me an appreciation of the still air pocket behind the Cee Bailey on my Wing. Now I have to decide to buy or not to buy.
Not knowing his dimensions, its hard to comment but I've never found the "still pocket" on my FJR and I've tried 3 different windshields. So if Lederdog is looking for the pocket of air a la Goldwing, don't buy this bike. It will always have "some" wind noise and if that bothers you, keep looking.

(edit)2. Many of us tend to be perfectionists-don't believe me just check out the threads such as the one relating to crimping pliers & the best types. I mean "crimpers" for God's sake!

3. Many of us are so enamored with the FJR & how good it is we nitpik at the few imperfections.

4. Personally the only item I think Yamaha should have done a better job at is the heat coming off of the pre06's and appearently they addressed that on the 06 version.

(edit)
You bashing my crimper thread?!? And then complain about heat?!? Man up, pussy. It's just heat, not smolten lead. :D

Scheduled maintenance/cost of maintenance on this bike is less then BMW, Ducati etc., etc.
And considering you can actually save a few bucks and do the work yourself without invalidating the warranty... Seems a no-brainer to me.

Personally, I'm sick of hearing the Feej<-->BMW comparsions. I've ridden several Beamers and simply find them nice bikes, but far, far, far overpriced for what you get. When you're charging $18k for a bike you can get elsewhere all day long for $11 - 13k, and you STILL have the audacity to charge $1100 for service... well, you're just not getting my money. Period.

Some of you guys are so dumb. I never said that the bike was a POS. Stop acting like somebody said that you had a tiny pee pee.
iirc what was said was that you had dickus minisculous. when you put down your sippy cup, you'll learn an adult term for dick.

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!! :rofl:

ATTENTION ADMINS: This brilliant quip needs to be pinned! :good:

But alas, like Fred, I believe Gene has left the building. :)

@Lerdog

All I can tell you is...

Don't let the virtual door hit you in the virtual ass on the way out! :p

Speaking for myself...

I love this bike!

I enjoy riding it, working on it, customizing it... to suit me!

It was 'great out of the crate' now 'sparkles with farkles'...

And to borrow the HD guys quote: 'If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand'

I enjoy working with my hands and the satisfaction that brings.

So, no, I don't drive a beige Volvo, wear a bowtie or sit around in tightie whities eating vanilla pudding while singing "I Wish I Were An Oscar Mayer Weiner...'

Now, go slap your...what did you call it? Pee Pee?! :dribble:

This whole thread needs to be pinned.
Pinning a thread that's mostly about glass half empty and full of flames? I don't think so. A thread that documents empirically the shortcomings of the FJR and what the community collectively would do about it? Maybe.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was hoping i could just let this post go but i am in a mood and just fed up with the complaining about this bike. I would think for one that anyone owning this machine would have owned and ridden other motorcycles. That being said there is all the comparison you need. It seems that someone has a gripe and they post it and then others think they are speaking for the masses and one stupid thought becomes a rallying cry to circle around the fjrs'. The money spent on farkles on the fjr are so much less than on other bikes ie all cruisers, goldwings, harleys, sport bikes (yeah sport bikes with the exhaust changes, suspension changes etc) My point is the owners of the fjr do their research and the bike is a smart buy. To quote a famous american, Forrest Gump, " that's all i got to say about that." OUT. Everett ride safe and be thankful

Scheduled maintenance/cost of maintenance on this bike is less then BMW, Ducati etc., etc.
And considering you can actually save a few bucks and do the work yourself without invalidating the warranty... Seems a no-brainer to me.

Personally, I'm sick of hearing the Feej<-->BMW comparsions. I've ridden several Beamers and simply find them nice bikes, but far, far, far overpriced for what you get. When you're charging $18k for a bike you can get elsewhere all day long for $11 - 13k, and you STILL have the audacity to charge $1100 for service... well, you're just not getting my money. Period.
I was just looking at one of the past issues of Rider magazine that I keep in my uhhhhhh...library, and the BMW K1200GT was on the cover. As I read the fairly decent review on the bike, I looked at the price. 18,800.00 before you start adding crap. And they say that the Yamaha FJR1300 better start looking over it's shoulder. They're kidding, right? And what exactly are you paying an additional 5-6k for? A little more HP (IF you're running premium), and a little more load capacity? Not to mention that IMHO it looks like crap (yeah, I know, esthetics are a matter of personal taste).

I was just looking at one of the past issues of Rider magazine that I keep in my uhhhhhh...library, and the BMW K1200GT was on the cover. As I read the fairly decent review on the bike, I looked at the price. 18,800.00 before you start adding crap. And they say that the Yamaha FJR1300 better start looking over it's shoulder. They're kidding, right? And what exactly are you paying an additional 5-6k for? A little more HP (IF you're running premium), and a little more load capacity? Not to mention that IMHO it looks like crap (yeah, I know, esthetics are a matter of personal taste).

AAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAH Ok, that's funny. The hardest sport tourer to get, the one that has arguably the smallest market share, the one that non-buyers have hardly even heard of - THAT'S the bike that has to look over its shoulders? That's funny.

Stock the bikes and advertise it, then watch *most* other sport touring bikes look over *their* shoulders.

But alas, like Fred, I believe Gene has left the building.
Too bad on Fred, despite the beating he took on the kickstand I think he was an asset. Loved his review of the autocom pro.

Did Fred duck out permanently? If so, then I waaay overestimated his staying power.

Last edited by a moderator:
My $.02 here.

Before I ordered an 05 ABS I test rode a couple BMWs and a ST1300. I was considering the ST when I met a FJR rider, Antonis, who offered to let me try his 03 out. A 12 mile ride and I knew I'd be ordering an 05 FJR.

For me the FJR was a better value than the BMWs that were more expensive and mucho expensive to maintain. Our local dealer offered a "maintenance contract" that was several grand for the first 2 years as I recall.

I concluded the FJR was a better bike than the ST1300 because 1) it was a couple thousand less, 2) it had more "get up and go", and 3) I preferred the ergos of the FJR. Yes, the ST1300 had a 3 yr warranty. But the YES extended warranty brought my warranty up to 4 years for ~$400. So I still saved $$$ compared to the ST. Finally I thought the ST looked naked without its hard bags on and the FJR doesn't.

A couple months ago I took a 05 Goldwing out for a test ride because I was curious about the Wings. I thought the Wing was smooth and surprisingly nimble given its weight. Where I really noticed a difference though was when I opened the throttle at 65 on the Wing. It took its sweet time getting up to 90+. When you do this on the FJR, hold on because you're there in a heartbeat. I was also aware of the Wings' relatively poor mpg (32+ I heard) relative to my 05's 48+ mpg (where I live at 6,000' altitude). Riding a bike for me is a recreational pursuit. Why would I ride something that gets 66% of the mpg relative to another bike that has more punch?

I can appreciate why some people like Wings. They are superb machines but not my style.

Did Fred duck out permanently? If so, then I waaay overestimated his staying power.
I certainly hope not but can't blame him if he did.

He brings up some idea on the kickstand and is dogpilled with "Operator error."

And someone else forgets to latch his bag and they come up with the pin idea and their a hero. No operator error there is there? What the hell is up with that? Just depends on who you are it seems.

Fred is a very active member of other boards and his efforts and contributions, which even include "how to" videos are well received.

Very foolish and arogant mistake by board members IMHO.