Unlucky day today

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A politician, a priest and a homo walk into a bar..... :eek:

:fans:

whining.gif

The only person who could reasonably be opposed to a sobriety checkpoint at 2am near a bar is someone who is driving with a guilty conscience.
You missed the point entirely. But then I'm sure you were busy turning in other family menbers to the authorities. We all know how taxing that can be... :dribble:

P.S. Sieg Heil! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Right back at you. And people wonder why...
There's a lot I'd like to say to you, sleddoc, and Starcruiser. Doing it on a keyboard is crap anyway. Maybe we'll all be at a rally someday and can talk or whatever...I vote for whatever.

If it's the "whatever" and I'm around... I got your back!
RELAX - have another doughnut with FJR pig, pick up your radar gun and get back to work. You might get to save the planet by writing tickets, If you wright enough of them the city, county or state won't even need to pay your salary the tickets will cover it. :****:

The only person who could reasonably be opposed to a sobriety checkpoint at 2am near a bar is someone who is driving with a guilty conscience.
You missed the point entirely. But then I'm sure you were busy turning in other family menbers to the authorities. We all know how taxing that can be... :dribble:

P.S. Sieg Heil! :lol:

FYI,,,,you can blow a .02 just by brushing your teeth. Who ever said breathalizers were accurate? They surely haven't gone thru the same evolution radar guns have...

True Story,,,,,,,,friend and this guy doesn't drink much or very ofter either,,,,anyway he leaves a Greenville Ave bar on his Harley, and plus this guy is the kind of guy that will usually piss ya off until you get to know him. He just has one of those annoying voices... Anyway he hits a road block on Greenville and cop ask him if he'd had anything to drink...he answers: Yea he had one beer........but remember, this guy's voice always sounds like he's being a smart ass........He passes the field sobriety test, then the cop announces his taking him downtown to take a breathalyzer, which he's agreeable to do since he's only had one beer.......When they get down to the station, there are 2 cops administering the breathalyzer, the arresting cop and another one....HE BLOWS...the cop says " Charlie looks like you got to let him go, he only blew a .06"......Charlie (the arresting cop) turns around and says " Ben, you're reading that wrong, what it says is .16!!!" My friend is arrested for DWI and was out $7,000 in legal fees, fines, etc and is still probably on probation today......And he wasn't even the slightest bit drunk and to blow a .16 you'd have to be too drunk to walk!!!!.......He was just a victim of "THE COLLECTORS" the new word I've invented for policeman...

YEA, Screw ROADBLOCKS

If it's anything like what I see on "Cops", the conversation went something like "What sign? I ain't gots no sign! Thats my cousins sign! You planted that sign!"

FYI,,,,you can blow a .02 just by brushing your teeth. Who ever said breathalizers were accurate? They surely haven't gone thru the same evolution radar guns have...

True Story,,,,,,,,friend and this guy doesn't drink much or very ofter either,,,,anyway he leaves a Greenville Ave bar on his Harley, and plus this guy is the kind of guy that will usually piss ya off until you get to know him. He just has one of those annoying voices... Anyway he hits a road block on Greenville and cop ask him if he'd had anything to drink...he answers: Yea he had one beer........but remember, this guy's voice always sounds like he's being a smart ass........He passes the field sobriety test, then the cop announces his taking him downtown to take a breathalyzer, which he's agreeable to do since he's only had one beer.......When they get down to the station, there are 2 cops administering the breathalyzer, the arresting cop and another one....HE BLOWS...the cop says " Charlie looks like you got to let him go, he only blew a .06"......Charlie (the arresting cop) turns around and says " Ben, you're reading that wrong, what it says is .16!!!" My friend is arrested for DWI and was out $7,000 in legal fees, fines, etc and is still probably on probation today......And he wasn't even the slightest bit drunk and to blow a .16 you'd have to be too drunk to walk!!!!.......He was just a victim of "THE COLLECTORS" the new word I've invented for policeman...

YEA, Screw ROADBLOCKS

That's an interesting "story" . Number one - brushing your teeth gives you a .02 BA. ??? Take a blood test. One beer gives you a BA of .06 -- never heard of that. So we have "TWO" cops willing to risk their big pensions to get one dirt bag in a misdemeanor bust/conviction. Have youever watched a DUI trial??? There is more testimony than just the BAC. Did the friend testify???

This story has many holes, however many will choose to take it as gospel and repeat it often as true.

By the way -- radar detectors do work. You will be the first one in your group to know you're going to get stopped.

Also how many of you have gotten a tcket for less than ten miles over the posted limit??? 22 in a 20 zone????

@Starcruiser

Good luck selling that story....so, I guess you were there? Only 1 beer? Sure it's possible, but not probable...a blood test would have revealed all, his lawyer would have made sure of that. Most people are so embarrassed/ashamed by the situation that the 'story' changes later. In EMS the running joke is 'Two beers' ...we'll pick up somebody totally shit-faced & wasted, and they always tell us they only had 'two beers'. :lol: Blood test results later reveals the truth..My all time favorite quote a drunk told me : "Shur, shur..you don unerstan...I cant be drun...I wuz drinkin rum an DIET coke!"

So we have "TWO" cops willing to risk their big pensions to get one dirt bag in a misdemeanor bust/conviction. Have youever watched a DUI trial??? There is more testimony than just the BAC. Did the friend testify???

You know how much it cost to take a DWI case to trial here in Texas?......when I say it cost him $7,000, that's how much it ended up costing him to plead guilty, which his lawyers advised him to do, including paying the attorneys, he had fines, had to attend workshops etc..Now, if that ain't enough, in Texas, the right wing wackos got the law changed to where the state raises your Yearly Drivers license renewal fee to $3,000...AND THAT'S PER YEAR!!! They claim having a drivers license is a privilege, NOT A RIGHT.. And this little right is gonna cost you an additional $9,000 if you want to drive for the next 3 years.... Going back to my friend, he was dead in the water anyway. You wanna take the stand and call a COLLECTOR a liar? Uh Huh!!! And his buddy is really gonna side with you and get his partner fired! Plus, Once you blow over the limit, they don't give you an option of taking a blood test anyway.... If they did that it'd blow their little, “we arrest who we don't like” conspiracy gig.. plus it'd be proof the machines are off....can't have that now! That'd mean there'd be a gillion people arrested for DWI could ask for a retrial and end up walking home free without a criminal record. And Ohhh, that'd wouldn't be good either

Number one - brushing your teeth gives you a .02 BA. ??? That's an interesting "story" . Take a blood test. One beer gives you a BA of .06 -- never heard of that.

Yea, saw a video a DWI attorney made testing breathalyzers, showing how fallible they are. And this guy blew an .00, then brushed his teeth and blew a .02......Just by watching it, I now have legal defense for refusing to take a breathalyzer........I say refuse,,,,I'd never refuse one actually, I just demand that I want my lawyer present before I take one. .HHEHEHEHHHHEHE At least they can't tell the Judge I refuse it......And if asked why I wanted a lawyer present, I'll bring up the Video and hopefully get it admitted as evidence into court to show the jury...............Why all this you ask? Like I said, all my friend was guilty of, was being at the wrong place at the wrong time and saying the wrong thing to the wrong COLLECTOR........now he has hell to pay for the rest of his life....I'm not getting on this train my friend.

If the Gov was serious about wanting more people to drive more fuel efficient cars to reduce America's dependence on Foreign oil......they greatly encourage the use of motorcycles by making anyone riding them exempt from all traffic laws....including DWIs!!!!! Wouldn't that be kwel! You shouldn't even have to register a bike, license them or even have to carry insurance on em.......I know my gas guzzling 12 MPG Mercedes wouldn't see the light of day outside the garage again if that happened......

P.S. The Cities are installing cameras on the RED LIGHTS down here in Texas to catch the runners. Did you know if your thru the intersection but your back bumper isn't, you've run a red light? Oh, the reality of it all.

And they're making so much money of fines, you wanna guess where they want em next.......try our beautiful highways and the word is they'll snap if your going 3 mph over the posted speed limit.....I'm moving to Mexico if they do that! And I'm already learning Spanish cause it's just a matter of time...

Be kewl......

While I don't like the red light camera idea at all, and I know there are cops, like other members of society, who are in a position of authority, and abuse the position, I'mmmm not exactly quite that ready to join the Black Chopper Club as are some here......... :blink: :D

Only someone with a guilty concience would be against red light cameras :eek:

I like them so much I calibrate them for free with my nifty red light camera calibration tool:

sten20on2098Custom.jpg

However, based on alcohol related deaths, 16,694 alcohol-related fatalities in 2004 – 39 percent of the total traffic fatalities for the year (NHTSA numbers), I personally don't have a problem with "sobriety checkpoints".
You do understand that NHTSA's statistics for "alcohol related" include those in the "other" vehicle, too. Right? So a car hit by a drunk counts the non-drunks, too. A guy drinks a beer after work, heads home, and is creamed by Dad (on vacation with the rug rats) who stays behind the wheel too long, falls asleep, and crosses the center line. In NHTSA's book, that's "alcohol related".

I specifically asked some NHTSA folks back in the days when I worked down the hall from them. They confirmed my scenarios where the alcohol wasn't the "cause" of the wreck.

DAMM

Drunks Against Mad Mothers!

YEA, Screw ROADBLOCKS
Dude, no offense, but you are so full of shit its coming out of your ears.

Did you know girl can get pregnant from sitting on a toilet seat? It happend to a friend of mine, once. TRUE story.

I've never seen the openly hostile & vulgar flames allowed not just by moderators, but by the general community as happens here.
There are VULGAR flames somewhere around here? Where? How'd I miss 'em? Do we have to pay extra to access them?

Status
Not open for further replies.