Unlucky day today

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Starcruiser: Why are you stopping and harrashing me for, I'm one of the good guys?This is about all I have to say about this......
I'd a strip searched ya then and there. With special attention paid to the exhaust. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Can we please get a mod to put this turd of a thread out of it's and our misery?

You guys think you have the perfect bike... one would think you'd be happy.
We do have the perfect bike and we are happy but some of us don't like cops !! :dead:
Right back at you. And people wonder why...

There's a lot I'd like to say to you, sleddoc, and Starcruiser. Doing it on a keyboard is crap anyway. Maybe we'll all be at a rally someday and can talk or whatever...I vote for whatever.

You guys think you have the perfect bike... one would think you'd be happy.
We do have the perfect bike and we are happy but some of us don't like cops !! :dead:
Right back at you. And people wonder why...

There's a lot I'd like to say to you, sleddoc, and Starcruiser. Doing it on a keyboard is crap anyway. Maybe we'll all be at a rally someday and can talk or whatever...I vote for whatever.
If it's the "whatever" and I'm around... I got your back!

This has to be the strangest group of people collected anywhere on the internet. There's a whole lot of bitching, flaming, misreading, dissing... the list is long. You guys think you have the perfect bike... one would think you'd be happy.
This forum is very tame considering. Most on the WWW are brutal...the forum for my company is horrible...constant bitching and whining (i visit no longer)...and of course its anonymous so EVERYBODY is tough online. at least here we mostly share a common bond (the beauty we call the FJR)...so in some respect its a 'club'...people just have differing opinions. I wonder if part of it is a generation issue? The boomers and 'X'ers?

It's always been my understanding that radars will reflect the speed of the "largest" object, that if you are riding in front of, beside or behind a car or truck the speed indicated on the officers radar gun is of the larger object.

donaldb:

The above used to be true of the older radar units, but it is not true anymore. In the last three years, CW doppler radar used by police has gotten quite sophisticated, especially the software used for processing the signals reflected from the various "targets." The latest radar units used for speed enforcement have directional sensing capabilities and use digital signal processing. What this means is radar units such as the Stalker DSR 2X display speeds nearly instantaneously when turned on and can clock the speed of four targets at once on a multi lane highway, two coming toward the squad from the opposite direction, and two approaching the squad from the rear going the same direction. The radar can operate in the stationary or moving mode. In the stationary mode, the LEO can select only closing targets, targets moving away from the radar, or targets going in both directions. Directional arrows illuminate to show whether the targets are approaching the radar or going away from it.

The strongest and faster targets are simultaneously displayed, and the speeds of the strongest and fastest targets can also be individually locked. For example lets say a LEO is going eastbound on an interstate at 70 MPH. On the westbound side is a semi truck in the right lane doing 65 MPH. A motorcycle doing 80 MPH is passing the semi truck. The Stalker DSR 2x will display the patrol speed of 70 MPH in green numbers in the far right hand side window labled Patrol Speed. In the display for the front antenna, the semi's speed of 65 MPH will be displayed in the left hand side window in yellow orange numbers, and the "faster" motorcycle speed of 80 MPH will be displayed in the right hand side window in red lettering. Directional arrows indicating both targets are coming toward the squad car will be illuminated. The LEO has the choice of locking the "strongest" target, the semi, or the "faster" target, the motorcycle. When the speed is locked, the Stalker will give a voice confirmation of the locked target.

Geez, that's too bad. I'm a pretty cool guy.

Attn: I have one beer available at WFO that I won't be buying for my friend that doesn't like cops. :D

Okay, I have to go to bed so I can get up in the middle of the night on overtime and collect taxes. Give me a break... :lmaosmiley:

This has to be the strangest group of people collected anywhere on the internet. There's a whole lot of bitching, flaming, misreading, dissing... the list is long. You guys think you have the perfect bike... one would think you'd be happy.
This forum is very tame considering. Most on the WWW are brutal...the forum for my company is horrible...constant bitching and whining (i visit no longer)...and of course its anonymous so EVERYBODY is tough online. at least here we mostly share a common bond (the beauty we call the FJR)...so in some respect its a 'club'...people just have differing opinions. I wonder if part of it is a generation issue? The boomers and 'X'ers?
I'd be REAL surprised to find many X'ers in here or on Feejers. Just not MTV-enough for the typical X'er, like an R1 or Gixxer1000 would be. Too expensive to justify the lack of "Biker Boyz" mototude.

Oh, if YOU are an X'er, then I'm not surprised at your scofflaw attitude.

:)

[SIZE=8pt](you DID notice the smiley, didn't you?)[/SIZE]

I'd be REAL surprised to find many X'ers in here or on Feejers. Just not MTV-enough for the typical X'er, like an R1 or Gixxer1000 would be. Too expensive to justify the lack of "Biker Boyz" mototude.

Um, Howie, I'm an "Xer", :p U-B 18 years my elder

Bikerboz and MTV suck and have for years

I thought buying FJ was part of the 12 step program to join the greyhairs :lol:

As long as we are technical about about radar. I've always heard radar does not work if the target is moving away from the gun. Is that true?

Geez, that's too bad. I'm a pretty cool guy.

Attn: I have one beer available at WFO that I won't be buying for my friend that doesn't like cops. :D

Okay, I have to go to bed so I can get up in the middle of the night on overtime and collect taxes. Give me a break... :lmaosmiley:
One of my best friends is an HPD Sergeant... I carry his business card in my wallet. He was one of the groomsmen in my wedding. Never meet a nicer guy, who could mess you up in a heartbeat if you deserved it.

Yep I'm an X'er...but no scofflaw attitude here. However I'm nervous with the FJR...my job requires a drivers license so a big ticket means big trouble for me. When I first got the bike I started out earrrly in the morning to ride her home...no one on the road...to really judge how fast i was goin. i glanced down i was doin 95!!! Slowed down immediately to 65. 65MPH on this bike feels like 25....but I'm getting used to it now...with the new seat and bar risers...i can now comfortably 'cruise' instead of race everywhere.

How about a "burst" law...so its okay to speed while passing or getting out of a sticky situation and immediately slow to the posted speed limit????? I'm pretty good with speed until i pass one or two...maybe three...four...at the most ever 9 cars in a row. That’s when the heart is beating fast...not because of the speed but because of the danger of a ticket!!!! I tell myself, no hurry...no hurry...and the FJR begs for me...just one more time.

yea i caught the smiley.

Um, Howie, I'm an "Xer", :p U-B 18 years my elder

Bikerboz and MTV suck and have for years

I thought buying FJ was part of the 12 step program to join the greyhairs :lol:
1970, huh? The year I graduated high school. Hell, I got shoes older than you. :)

As long as we are technical about about radar. I've always heard radar does not work if the target is moving away from the gun. Is that true?

FJRFencer:

The above is not true. Radar in the stationary and moving mode can clock your speed if the target is coming toward or away from the radar unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts