Upstate SC Tech (wreck?) session Sunday April 24 Greer

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I edited post 1 to show who is coming and what kind of shit we will break. Let me know if you are coming and what you would like to break. Ray - let me know for sure if you are coming for the center stand since that will take the lift. Otherwise I will use the lift for other things - tire changes, oil changes.

Still planning to show up although it will most likely be after lunch before I can get there. I just got some SpeedBleeders and if I don't get them installed in the next couple of days, I'll bring them with me.
Come on over. I think Wheaton will be putting his on. Let's see how much air we can get in the lines:rolleyes:
CRAP!

Haven't heard much from the attendees (potential victims) for the tech session next Sunday. If you're coming, pm me for directions. Otherwise, just look for the smoke on the horizon in Greer
uhoh.gif

Confirmation: I will be there. Have directions.

Got a bucket so's I can wash my bike?

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have a bucket to put out fires! I'm still really worried about my crispy bike being delivered home on Griff's trailer!

Oh by the way, despite all that I'm still in!! Do I need to bring any tools or anything like that? Thanks again Griff! Pm'ing for further direction.

Do you have a bucket to put out fires! I'm still really worried about my crispy bike being delivered home on Griff's trailer!
Oh by the way, despite all that I'm still in!! Do I need to bring any tools or anything like that? Thanks again Griff! Pm'ing for further direction.
You're SOL on the trailer. My daughter is taking it tomorrow. I think AAA could tow it to Boiling Springs
smile.png
Just bring the new CCT and gaskets. And a sense of humor.
uhoh.gif

Griff,

I'll need some directions or I'll just end up driving around Greer all afternoon. :)

Also, if I don't get them done before coming over, I'll be bringing some spark plugs to install as well as the speed bleeders.

Joey.

Griff,
I'll need some directions or I'll just end up driving around Greer all afternoon.
smile.png

Also, if I don't get them done before coming over, I'll be bringing some spark plugs to install as well as the speed bleeders.

Joey.
As I told Eric, just look for the smoke
bleh.gif
pm sent

For those guys that want to put on speed bleeders, you might want to bring your favorite vintage brake fluid to top off the reservoirs. I have some, but it is well aged and you might not want to use it.

Well, the tech/wreck session went off without any 911 calls, although Eric brought a fire extinguisher just in case. A bunch of TBS's, spark plug changes, speed bleeder installations, tire changes and a CCT change were done. Thanks for attending - Mark, Duane, Tim, Eric, John, Joey and Uncle Hud. I didn't even find any spare parts when folks left, drat.

Yeah, and after the Tech session I found that the new pavement on 176 is still awesome.

Thanks Duane, Griff and others. Nice to meet new faces as well.

Just wanted to say I thoroughly enjoyed the day, learned a lot. I took to heart Griff's advise of 'do it till you get it right!' Or maybe he said do it right the first time! I always get the details mixxed up. There's no sense doing it right if you can do it hard. I did learn so much today, and spent time with some great guys. Thanks for the hospitality Griff.

That's what you get for not inviting us northerners..... no leftover parts, no smoke, no bikes left stranded.... what kind of wreck day was that after all...... jeez.
omg2.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Should I come up to your tech day next weekend and see if my luck holds up there?
weirdsmiley.gif